SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Sage User

Diagnosing missed recordings

I am using SageTV latest version of Vista with two Hauppauge HD-PVR devices.

I had two consecutive recordings in the schedule for yesterday at 6 PM and 6:30 PM on the same channel.

I had seen them in the schedule and had verified that there were no recording conflicts at 5:30 PM. I believe I had noticed that they were both going to record on Tuner 1 and there was nothing else scheduled to record at that time.

When I returned home at 7, neither show had recorded and there were no signs of a conflict or anything else.

A family member may have been using HD 200 Extender in the living room, and was watching a channel on Live TV between 6 and 7, but did not report getting any messages about a pending recording or any other issue.

I have looked in the event logs on the Server and have poked around in the SageTV directories but cannot see any log files that might provide some insight into why my recordings did not take place.

If the family member had been using Tuner1 at the time would the scheduler just quietly abandon the recording?

Any help in diagnosing would be appreciated - this is not the first time this has happened.

Thanks in advance
Steve
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcSteveO View Post
If the family member had been using Tuner1 at the time would the scheduler just quietly abandon the recording?
I believe there would have been a pop up asking the viewer if it was ok to change the channel to record the scheduled program. Assuming none of the other tuners had the ability to record the program. If they did then Sage would have record the program on the other tuner.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Sage User

Missed Recordings

Yes, that is what I would have thought. The 2nd tuner was equally capable of recording the same shows but did not even though it was not in use at all, and has been used by Sage since then. Given that there were two shows I would expect the popup would have happened twice if it came up at all.

Are there any logs or other sources of events that I can check to try to confirm what happened here? Are there any diagnostics I can enable, to be ready for it should it happen again?

Thanks again
Steve
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

The current version of Sage has a System Messages screen that logs recording failures (among other things). There should be a red "i" icon in the menu header if there's been a serious error. If you're running an older version, you may not have that feature.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have a question related to Steve's issue.

Having used Tivo quite a few years back I remember it having a screen where it stated the reason why a particular show in a series was not recorded (I.e. recorded already, rerun if only first run were selected, something had higher priority, etc.). I am familiar with the conflict screen and the system messages that indicate that something has not been recorded, but is there some way to get additional information similar to the Tivo?

Thanks.