SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question Blu-ray rips from USB attached hard drive

I picked up one of the Thermaltake BlacX external docking stations. This is the one I bought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817153066

Just for fun, I connected it to my bedroom hd200 last night and popped in a hard drive full of blu-ray rips to ISO files. The hd200 found the drive just fine, but when I try to play back an ISO the playback stutters a lot and response to the remote control is extremely sluggish. It might take 5 or 10 seconds for the HD200 to actually respond to a remote button click, and then even longer to process it.

I was wondering if the HD200 was only connecting to the device in USB 1.x mode, but the performance seems to be better than what I'd expect in that case.

I also saw a similar problem solved when the hd200 is in extender mode in this thread:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...89&postcount=3

I don't know of a way to make a similar change in standalone mode though.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Mike