SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Sage User

HD-PVR + 32bit Win7

Hi, I had the HD-DVR working on my Mac Mini with EyeTV, but decided I wanted to try out SageTV.

I picked up a cheap Acer AX1300-U1801A and put Windows 7 Home Premium on it. I followed the links here and installed the latest driver, then the 3 remote packages to tget the IrBlaster working with my Samsung SMT-H3090 cable box before installing Sage. So far so good.

I am up to the part where Sage tries to use the HD-DVR as it's source and can't decode the video. I read about the Native10 patch (plus 2 files). Problem is the link to download the zip is broke. I get a 404. So I guess my first question is, where can I get this file from? I also assume this will solve this problem.

My second question is, I have the 45 button remote which came with the HD-PVR, and selected it in Sage, yet nothing happens. I do not see the light on the IrBlaster flash. I tested the IRBlaster from the Windows BlastCFG program and can change channels, so I know it works. Can someone point me to some docs on how to get the remote to work?

Last question, as others have pointed out the IRBlaster doesn't seem to be very powerful, can I order the USB-UIRT, and use that to receive commands from the 45 button remote, and send commands to my H3090. I believe the answer to this is yes, but wanted to make sure. Does the USB-UIRT come with an external IR emitter, or do I need to order one? If I need to order one, and assuming I don't need multiple zones, I'm assuming any of the 1/8" mono emitters will work?

Thanks for your time.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Cna't answer much about the Hd-PVR, but I do know that there are limitations on using the USB-UIRT as both receiver AND blaster in win7, if service mode is used. this is because the USB-UIRT can only really be used by one of those (either for blasting OR for receiving. If you don't run sage as a service, then it isnt'a problem, but I REALLY think service mode is worth it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room