SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Sage User

Tuner numbers changed, why?

I always thought that the tuner number would stay the same. I have 2 SD and 2 HD tuners and in Sage I would see them numbered as 1 - SD, 2 - HD, 3 - HD, 4 -SD.

I wanted to simplify the setup for my wife and daughter so we went out and bought a label maker. I was gonna label the satellite boxes, remotes and HD capture boxes so they would know which belonged to what.

However, when I labeled it the scheme changed to 1 - SD, 2 - HD, 3 - SD, 4 - HD. I was a little confused because I could have sworn it was 3 and not 4 for the second HD tuner. I went ahead and labeled them and it was good for about 3 weeks, until this morning.

I was right with my first guess because it now moved them around to 1 - SD, 2 - HD, 3 - HD, 4 - SD. Unfortunately my labels will now be confusing to them!

Why did it change? Is there a way to force it to keep the tuner numbers the same?

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:28 PM
SageTVaholic

What tuner numbers are you referring to? As far as I know, the stock UI always labels tuners by name, not by number. If you're using SageMC, then those numbers are most likely being assigned by SageMC and you should post your question in the SageMC subforum.

That said, I'm curious what it is about your setup that requires your wife and daughter to know or care which box is used for which recording, or which remote goes with which box. So long as their HD favorites are set to record from HD channels, they should be happy letting Sage deal with all of that. If you're allowing family members to use STB remotes to directly control boxes that are also controlled by Sage, then it seems to me you're asking for trouble no matter how the tuners are numbered.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Sage User

Ah yes, I am using SageMC, maybe the problem is with that. I'll look in a different direction.

And as for the labels. Sometimes our ExpressVu boxes have issues (and other times it's the HD capture boxes), well enough that I had to label. So it helps them to know how to navigate through the media rack when I'm not around.