SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

How to move SageTV install to new path on WHS

When you install the addin it by default installs itself on my c drive which is a tiny partition and I would like to move it to my main storage but cannot figure out how since it never prompts me to put it somewhere else.

Do I just have to deal with it on c and change all the paths in sage for fanout and such to point to my main storage? How would I tell sage to change where wiz.bin is stored?
Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Sage Icon

Are you really concerned about SageTV, the program, taking up space? I know a wiz.bin can get pretty big, say, several MB, but not that big... Or are you talking about media storage?

Media storage is setup in detailed setup, where you can specify any drive or directory you want. This will be the bulk of your data.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

If its only several MB then its not a big deal. I have just started using SageTV but I generally as a rule try not to keep files that grow dynamically on such a small partition.