SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Skipping...

I’ve been setting up a WHS/SageTV box over the past few months, and have solved most of the problems i have been having - however, the one (i hope!!) remaining issue is that i have some playback skipping problems.

First a bit of history (because it may be related)...

At one point i had a large number of recording error warnings/halted recordings. I realised that all of the split recording files were on only one of my three recording hard drives. At the same time, when a recording to this drive was in progress, it was impossible to connect to the server (either via Placeshifter or RDC in to the server itself).
I have lowered the available drive space available for this drive within SageTV - fooling SageTV into not recording to this drive.

The error warnings/halted recordings have _almost_ stopped. I now only get these errors for one of my favourites (these recordings are on from two channels and from several tuners).

However; I am having problems playing back some of the (apparently good) files on my HD200's. These files play back fine on a PC running placeshifter though. It is always the same sections of the files that are skipped on the HD200's (on both the HD200's - in the same places).

Can anybody shed any light on this?

mevans
Server: ASUS P7P55D, Core i5 750 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, Antec Three Hundred, 1x TBS 6284 PCI-E DVB-T2 Quad (OTA HD 'Freeview'), 2x HD Homerun dual tuners (OTA SD 'Freeview'), WHS OS installed on Seagate 250GB SATAII, Recording to 9TB Storage Pool (64k clusters)
SageTV version: 7.1.9
HDHomerun's plugged into mobo NIC via giga switch
2nd NIC to home network
Program Guide: DigiGuide Birtles Grabber XMLTV Importer for SageTV
Clients: Two HD200, One HD300, Client on PC, Placeshifter on PC

Tags
skip, skipping