SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:29 PM

Exclamation Hauppauge HD PVR Install help please?

Setting this thing up for recording Xbox 360 Gameplay, got it all set up then i popped the disc in, clicked install drivers and I get this message :

'Drivers have NOT been updated. Compatible hardware not found. <<click to exit>>'

So I got confused, then I went onto Hauppauge website to get help, I download the zip file to get the latest drivers, run the driver file as administrator... then get the exact same message as above?

I aint the best with real technical stuff but if anyone can fix this for me or tell me how to fix it, thatd be awesome so I can start recording!

Thanks guys
Old 05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Sage Icon

Is the HD-PVR plugged in (both the power and USB cords) and turned on?

If you haven't seen it, you might look at the "How To" thread in my signature. It doesn't cover issues like you are experiencing, but it might help with other potential problems if you ultimately want to use it with SageTV. If you don't use SageTV, then you can pretty much ignore it.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 05-04-2010, 01:04 PM

Yep...all plugged into xbox...tv and USB into back of PC, should i try a different USB port or something?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

It seems like the computer doesn't even detect that the HD-PVR is attached. You should hear the windows chime when you plug it into or disconnect it from the computer. If you are not, then something is wrong with the plug&play aspect of the USB ports.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all