SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Sage User

Can I set SageTV to use a specific Tuner for certain channels?

Yesterday, comcast switched over some channels to digital format, which requires the digital adapters to view them. These channels include History Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV and a few others. All of the other channels are still available without the digital adapter. In order to record from TLC, I split the line to my tv tuner (Hauppauge 500 MCE), and added the digital adapter to the 2nd line which i connected to an extra tv tuner card I had (Conexant). In SageTV, it shows 3 tuners, but it seems to randomly select which tuner it uses.

Can I set SageTV to use the Conexant tuner for the channels that require the digital adapter?

For now I'm just changing the channel on the DTA with the remote that came with it, can I somehow set SageTV to change it's channel?

If I were to get a QAM tuner, would I be able to receive the now digital-only channels in clear QAM and bypass the DTA?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FAST4U View Post
Yesterday, comcast switched over some channels to digital format, which requires the digital adapters to view them. These channels include History Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV and a few others. All of the other channels are still available without the digital adapter. In order to record from TLC, I split the line to my tv tuner (Hauppauge 500 MCE), and added the digital adapter to the 2nd line which i connected to an extra tv tuner card I had (Conexant). In SageTV, it shows 3 tuners, but it seems to randomly select which tuner it uses.

Can I set SageTV to use the Conexant tuner for the channels that require the digital adapter?

For now I'm just changing the channel on the DTA with the remote that came with it, can I somehow set SageTV to change it's channel?

If I were to get a QAM tuner, would I be able to receive the now digital-only channels in clear QAM and bypass the DTA?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
I think the Hauppauge 500 is a dual tuner. I do not know if it has one TV RF input or two TV RF input connectors. If the Hauppauge 500 has a single TV RF input connector, you may have to hook it up similar to the HVR-2250. If the Hauppauge 500 has separate TV RF inputs, you might be able to hook up one directly to the cable TV coax for analog channels and the other TV RF connector for your digital adapter box.

I have a Hauppauge HVR-2250. It is a dual tuner with a single TV RF connector. I have two DTA boxes which I assume are similar to your digital adapters. The DTA boxes have a RF input and RF output connector. Each DTA box is connected to the cable TV coaxial cable. The output of one DTA box is set for channel 3, the other DTA box is set for channel 4. Both outputs are connected to a channel combiner, not a simple splitter. The combined output is connected to the single HVR-2250 TV RF input.

Each HVR-2250 tuner is configured in SageTV, one tuner is fixed on channel 3, the other tuner is fixed on channel 4. The DTA boxes are controlled with a single USB-UIRT. A single USB-UIRT can control at least 3 set top boxes. The channel lineups are setup in each tuner configuration in SageTV.

I'm including a screenshot of the configuration in SageTV.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hvr-2250 analog configuration.JPG (55.0 KB, 837 views)

Last edited by davephan; 05-12-2010 at 06:58 PM.