SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Sage User

Tiled Image on PlaceShifter

I am giving Sage a try so I can watch videos remotely with placeshifter. I have been using MCE, but I am deaf and there is no way to watch shows remotely with captioning. I have sage all installed and finally got captioning working. I am now trying to get placeshifter to work. I start placeshifter and log in and the screen is fine for a second, and then it gets tiled. It looks just like when you set your windows wallpaper to tiled. It has the menu showing over and over again is small blocks. Only the top corner of the menu shows up and it is shown over and over again taking up the whole screen. I am leaving town tomorrow and really would like to get this working so that I can watch tv while I am away. Thank you very much for the help.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Sage User

Never mind. It is working now.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Sage User

Okay, it is doing it again. I am at a loss as to what is causing it. If I shrink the screen down to like a 2 inch square, it looks fine. As soon as I make it larger or go full screen, more and more of the tiles show up, and each tile doesn't show the entire screen.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Sage User

I changed screen resolution for native 1280 x 800 to 1280 x 720. That seemed to fix it. We will see if it stays fixed this time. Also, I put both the key for sage and placeshifter into the pc that sage is installed on. It says I have 1 placeshifter license. When I use placeshifter on my laptop though, it still says trial. I don't need to do anything with licensing on my laptop do I? I can't find anything anywhere.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Sage User

Well, I got everything working except it still says trial every once in a while on the screen. It works fine over the network though. When I try to connect remotely over the internet though, I get a can't connect error. I have my firewall and router all set up properly. Not sure what the problem is. Will keep working on it. Leaving town tomorrow and really need to get this working. It has been just one problem after the other it seems. The functionality of the software is amazing, just getting it to work properly has been a hassle.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Sage User

i keep getting the error: The SageTV Placeshifter is having trouble connecting to the Internet. Please make sure your Internet connection is established and properly configured. If you have firewall software enabled (like ZoneAlarm or the Windows Firewall) be sure that the SageTV Placeshifter is allowed to have outgoing network access. I have windows firewall turned off on both machines. I have port 31099 mapped to the server computer over both tcp and udp. Any suggestions?