SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Properties files appear from nowhere...

This may sound crazy, but I did a search and can find nothing. I was browsing one of my 500G drives and found 82 properties files, mostly titled with shows I never watched, never tuned to. I have intelligent recording turned off - I usually just use Sage in my office for live TV because I like the pause and the ability to record a show if I want to watch the end tomorrow. In other words, I really don't use Sage as intended - I rarely schedule recordings.
Where did all these property files come from? Can I delete them? I had a power failure today and even though I have battery backups on everything, this Sage computer was the last one I shut down and did so improperly - had to pay more attention to my work computers. Any ideas where these files came from?
Thanks-
Rob
Attached Images
File Type: png files.png (19.0 KB, 268 views)
Old 06-08-2010, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

If you have BMT installed, then it could be creating them. Or, any plugin that calls the SageAPI SetMediaFileMetadata could also create them.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Whoa! Under "General" it shows "Metadata Tools for SageTV" and "SageTV H2 Database", which never appeared before and I never installed manually. It looks like "TwiederTweaks" installed them - it says tweider is dependent on them.
Thanks for the info - I'm going to uninstall all of them until I get things straightened out.
Thanks!
Rob