SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Phoenix Core Services "Failed"

I am trying to get BMT running on a new Sage7 installation. The Phoenix Core Services plugin shows a status of "Failed". Any suggestions as to how to go about troubleshooting the failure? All the other plugins are up to date and running including Jetty ver 2.0.1.19.

Mediahome
Old 06-29-2010, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

email the sagetv_0.txt log and the logs/phoenix.log to metadatatools at gmail dot com.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Sage Icon

I had the same problem, but uninstalled and reinstalled Phoenix Core Services and dependencies and it's now working.

John
Old 06-29-2010, 08:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
I had the same problem, but uninstalled and reinstalled Phoenix Core Services and dependencies and it's now working.

John
I would be nice to see in the log, what it failed on. I've installed it a number of times on a clean sagetv setup and it worked fine. But, there must be some condition on which the plugin may fail.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

I sent the sagetv_0.txt file to stuckless via email. I could not locate the logs/phoenix.log file that was requested. Do you have to turn logging on for Phoenix?

Some additional information. Sage is running on WHS and I had to run SageTV.exe interactively on the server to generate the attached log file. I am also having trouble with nielm’s IMDB Search plugin. It runs fine from a client but it generates an “IMDB search failed null” error when I run it on the server. I figured that I would get BMT to work and not worry about it.

I did uninstall all of the plugins and then reinstalled them. The H2 Database plugin was also showing as “failed” but it is working OK now after the reinstall.

Mediahome
Old 06-29-2010, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahome View Post
I sent the sagetv_0.txt file to stuckless via email. I could not locate the logs/phoenix.log file that was requested. Do you have to turn logging on for Phoenix?

Some additional information. Sage is running on WHS and I had to run SageTV.exe interactively on the server to generate the attached log file. I am also having trouble with nielm’s IMDB Search plugin. It runs fine from a client but it generates an “IMDB search failed null” error when I run it on the server. I figured that I would get BMT to work and not worry about it.

I did uninstall all of the plugins and then reinstalled them. The H2 Database plugin was also showing as “failed” but it is working OK now after the reinstall.

Mediahome
I can see from the sagetv_0.txt that it failed... but it does not show the exception, so I can't tell where/why it failed

I did notice that you have xerces.jar (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xerces.jar) in your classpath, and that does cause issues with phoenix/bmt. You could try removing that xerces.jar and then restarting your sage to see if that does fix the issue.

As for phoenix logs... in your sage home, ie, where the sagetv_0.txt file was, there should be a directory called, logs, and in there, there should be several log files. You can zip them and send them to me, if you want... there might be something useful.

I'll be doning another phoenix build tonight (hopefully), so I'll try to add some extra logging in there to see why it's failing.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

The xerces.jar file did not exist. The log directory did not exist. I decided to scrub the installation and start over. I reinstalled Sage, copied my wix.bin over and installed the addins. It all works now.

Thanks for you help.

Mediahome
Old 06-29-2010, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahome View Post
The xerces.jar file did not exist. The log directory did not exist. I decided to scrub the installation and start over. I reinstalled Sage, copied my wix.bin over and installed the addins. It all works now.

Thanks for you help.

Mediahome
I'm glad it works... i wish i understood why it failed in the first place
Old 06-30-2010, 12:37 AM
Sage Icon

Sean, I've just tried upgrading to 2.0.3 and the installation has failed again.

I upgraded both the Phoenix API and Phoenix Core Services then did a restart.

Looking in the JARs directory there is no phoenix.jar. The old phoenix jar has been removed and the new version jar has been staged, but didn't get renamed on the restart. The correct rename is listed in stagedrenames.txt

Strangely the CorePluginManger check of Phoneix API thinks it's OK even though the jar is missing. The Phoenix Core Service of course then fails with ClassNotFoundException

John
Old 06-30-2010, 05:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Sean, I've just tried upgrading to 2.0.3 and the installation has failed again.

I upgraded both the Phoenix API and Phoenix Core Services then did a restart.

Looking in the JARs directory there is no phoenix.jar. The old phoenix jar has been removed and the new version jar has been staged, but didn't get renamed on the restart. The correct rename is listed in stagedrenames.txt

Strangely the CorePluginManger check of Phoneix API thinks it's OK even though the jar is missing. The Phoenix Core Service of course then fails with ClassNotFoundException

John
Thanks John, that does clarify the situation. I'm going to forward your note to Sage and see what they have to say. Renaming Jars is not my process What version of windows are you running this on?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
What version of windows are you running this on?
XP SP3

John
Old 07-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

My Phoenix Core Services is also showing up as "Failed" after the latest update. I've tried removing all related plugins and re-installing but the issue still occurs. I've attached some logs and a screen shot of the bmt web UI.
Attached Images
File Type: png bmtweb.png (18.6 KB, 282 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt bmt.txt (35.1 KB, 240 views)
File Type: txt phoenix.txt (26.5 KB, 234 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (203.7 KB, 495 views)

Last edited by pvrpenguin; 07-03-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrpenguin View Post
My Phoenix Core Services is also showing up as "Failed" after the latest update. I've tried removing all related plugins and re-installing but the issue still occurs. I've attached some logs and a screen shot of the bmt web UI.
The log4j dependency is missing from your JARs directory. In SageTV, go to Setup->SageTV Plugins->All Available Plugins and check the Library tab to see if the log4j plugin is installed or not. If it is listed as installed, uninstall it and reinstall it. If it isn't installed, then install it. Then restart SageTV and see if that works.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 07-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

log4j did show as being installed but I uninstalled and then re-installed and restarted Sage and the same errors occur. Phoenix Core Services still shows up as failed and the bmt web UI doesn't work. I do see log4j-1.2.15.jar in my JARS folder.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Sage Expert

I double checked the dependency list again and see another missing dependency based on the .jar files listed in your sagetv_0.txt debug log. It shows you are missing the htmlparser-1.6.jar file in the JARs directory, which is another dependency of the Phoenix Core Services plugin. If the htmlparser-1.6.jar file doesn't exist in your JARs directory, look for htmlparser in the Library tab of the Plugin Manager. If it is not listed as installed, then install it and restart SageTV. If it is listed as installed, uninstall it, then reinstall it, and then restart SageTV. Now hopefully the phoenix stuff should not be listed as Failed. If it still isn't working, post another debug log.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

htmlparser-1.6.jar is there as well but I did do a uninstall/reinstall again just to make sure. Another debug log is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (230.0 KB, 274 views)
Old 07-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

I had this same symptom and it ended up being caused by a totally unrelated plugin. I had a file in the JARs directory that was read-only and it was stopping the plugin updates from working properly.

I reset it to RW and restarted SageTV and everything worked properly.

John
Old 07-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrpenguin View Post
htmlparser-1.6.jar is there as well but I did do a uninstall/reinstall again just to make sure. Another debug log is attached.
It looks like all of the dependencies are there and loaded now, but the Phoenix Core Services is failing with an exception:

ERROR cannot instantiate plugin object due to: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

I'm not a Java guy, so I'm not sure exactly what that means. If Johns suggestion about checking for read-only .jars doesn't work, I think the next step would be to attach your sage.properties file...there are some class definitions in there that may have gotten messed up somewhere.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

thanks to everyone to chipping in here... I don't know why the Invocation Target exception is happening, but I suspect it's a JAR mismatch of some sort, or missing jars.

I'm seeing the following JARs (bold is required by phoenix/bmt)
Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\plugin.jar
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.jar
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xerces.jar (xerces has been known to cause issues)
JARs\activation.jar
JARs\ant-1.6.5.jar
JARs\commons-codec-1.3.jar
JARs\commons-dbutils-1.3.jar
JARs\commons-io-1.4.jar
JARs\commons-jxpath-1.1.jar
JARs\commons-lang-2.4.jar
JARs\commons-net-1.4.1.jar
JARs\core-3.1.1.jar
JARs\gkusnick.sagetv.jar
JARs\h2-1.2.135.jar
JARs\imageutils.jar
JARs\jcifs-1.1.6.jar
JARs\jdic.jar
JARs\jetty-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jetty-ajp-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jetty-rewrite-handler-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jetty-sslengine-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jetty-starter.jar
JARs\jetty-util-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jsp-2.1.jar
JARs\jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jsp-api-2.1.jar
JARs\lucene-core-3.0.1.jar
JARs\mailcheck.jar
JARs\mail.jar
JARs\metadata-updater.jar
JARs\nielm_getrssnews.jar
JARs\nielm_sagemenureader.jar
JARs\nielm_sageutls.jar
JARs\nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar
JARs\phoenix.jar
JARs\razr.jar
JARs\sagemc.jar
JARs\sageortus.jar
JARs\sagex-api.jar
JARs\sagex-h2.jar
JARs\sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar
JARs\servlet-api-2.5-6.1.19.jar
JARs\vecmath.jar
But I'm not seeing, log4j or htmlparser. I'm not sure how that could happen, since they are direct dependencies for phoenix-core services. I'm also seeing htmlparser in the list of dependencies that sagetv is loading as well.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I see you posted another log...

Here are your JARs
Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\plugin.jar
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.jar
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xerces.jar
JARs\activation.jar
JARs\ant-1.6.5.jar
JARs\commons-codec-1.3.jar
JARs\commons-dbutils-1.3.jar
JARs\commons-io-1.4.jar
JARs\commons-jxpath-1.1.jar
JARs\core-3.1.1.jar
JARs\gkusnick.sagetv.jar
JARs\h2-1.2.135.jar
JARs\htmlparser-1.6.jar
JARs\imageutils.jar
JARs\jcifs-1.1.6.jar
JARs\jdic.jar
JARs\jetty-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jetty-ajp-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jetty-rewrite-handler-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jetty-sslengine-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jetty-starter.jar
JARs\jetty-util-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jsp-2.1.jar
JARs\jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar
JARs\jsp-api-2.1.jar
JARs\log4j-1.2.15.jar
JARs\lucene-core-3.0.1.jar
JARs\mailcheck.jar
JARs\mail.jar
JARs\metadata-updater.jar
JARs\nielm_getrssnews.jar
JARs\nielm_sagemenureader.jar
JARs\nielm_sageutls.jar
JARs\nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar
JARs\phoenix.jar
JARs\razr.jar
JARs\sageortus.jar
JARs\sagex-api.jar
JARs\sagex-h2.jar
JARs\sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar
JARs\servlet-api-2.5-6.1.19.jar
JARs\vecmath.jar
In this list, I'm not seeing commons-lang... i'm not sure why those dependencies are not being installed, but you may have to go to SageTV support to figure out why some jars are not being installed.