SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Missed recordings

I have v7.0.11 installed and a few customizations, so thought I would post this here. I missed a couple recordings last night, and only found out by luck. I have Louie on FX set as a favorite. The shows that were in the guide last night were not on the upcoming recordings list, so I deleted and replaced the favorite. After setting the new favorite the three episodes on last night showed in the upcoming recordings. Later on I went to watch the shows, but they didn't record, no system messages saying the tuner failed, nothing.

There are a couple things that may be causing this, but am not sure.

The tuner is a DVB card setup as a network encoder (using DVBDream) the epg data was being populated partially using the data streamed from DVB card into sage. I changed this a few days ago, so possibly the EPG data is a little confused, but the shows did search and showed up on the upcoming recordings list. (A side note, the streamed EPG data from the DVB card has some issues with favorites and searching and was a known bug)

The second issue is that an episode was imported into Sage and was moved to recordings via Fuzzy's plugin. Since doing this there was some issues with the title and the way is showed, in the guide it would show as Louie, but in the recordings screen it would show up as Louie (2010).

Not sure if anyone else has any similar experiences and not sure what the cause of the problem is, just seems to be too many variables. My first guess is it is the EPG data and hoping that over the next week or so the zap2it data will override the data streamed from the DVB card.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro