SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Sage Icon

Custom Sweep Arrow Animation

Hello,

I hope this is an easy one for the Studio experts.

I have been trying to do a custom rotating arrow animation, I have replaced the RotateSweep.png and the tvicon_anim1.png through tvicon_anim7.png files the theme folder but nothing seems to take.

I have looked through the log and it seems that the tvicon files are coming from the Sage.jar (/images) folder in the Sagetv directory as I references like,

ImageUtils loading URL jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SageTV/SageTV/Sage.jar!/images/tvicon.gif

and also here,

Loading RawImage of size 84x84 for images/tvicon_anim0.png

What is the easiest way to reassign the location of these images to a theme directory? or is it possible???

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 07-15-2010, 03:22 AM
Sage Icon

I think you need to modify
ui/wait_icon_prefix=
in Sage.properties as well.

John
Old 07-15-2010, 04:11 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
John is correct,

ui/wait_icon_prefix which defaults to images/tvicon_anim.

You need to have 8 images numbered 0-7 and they need to have a .png file extension. This will only be processed when the client connection is built; so changes during runtime will not be visible.

You can also add to the properties:

ui/wait_indicator_refresh_period which defaults to 100 to control the timings of the animations.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the quick responses.

I have 8 images in the folder Themes\MBDiamond\ named MBArrow_Anim0.png throught MBArrow_Anim7.png. In the SageClient.properties file I have changed "ui/wait_icon_prefix=images/tvicon_anim" to "ui/wait_icon_prefix=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV7\\Themes\\MBDiamond\\MBArrow_anim" and that works.

Is there a shorter path I should be using in relation to the base Sagetv directory and what would the correct "syntax" be if that's the right word? i.e. \\STV\\Sagetv7\\Themes\\MBDiamond\\MBArrow_anim (tried and this didn't work)

Also, how could I change this setting when the theme is selected so I don't have to get the user to edit their sage.properties files? (is that possible?)

Is there a place I can edit the STV when creating an STVi to make this same change for me?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Sage Icon

Hmmm, don't quote me on this but your probably going to need to check the property setting before you do anything first. Then once you've decided that the property isn't what you want your going to have to change it. So something like:

Code:
If(GetProperty("ui/wait_icon_prefix", "images/tvicon_anim") == "images/tvicon_anim", true, false)
If the result is false then you can probably use:

Code:
SetProperty("ui/wait_icon_prefix", (java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7" + java_io_File_separator + "Themes" + java_io_File_separator + "MBDiamond"))
This part gives you your base path for the sage install:

Code:
 java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir")
So the total code would probably look something like:

Code:
If(GetProperty("ui/wait_icon_prefix", "images/tvicon_anim") == "images/tvicon_anim", "", SetProperty("ui/wait_icon_prefix", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7"  + java_io_File_separator + "Themes"  + java_io_File_separator + "MBDiamond"))
I'd probably put this in the Application Started Hook......I've not really tested my theory above so its probably all wrong but I'm sure someone else will jump in with some other suggestions.

Cheers

Ben

EDIT

Actually your better off checking for the existance of your theme base path rather than the default just incase another theme, stvi etc has changed it......if that makes any sense

Last edited by jaminben; 07-15-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Guess I have to pickup a Java for dummies book and jump in

Thanks, hopefully you won't mind answering a few more questions as I struggle through this.

Jeremy
Old 07-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Guess I have to pickup a Java for dummies book and jump in
Once you've finished reading it can you send it over to me.......

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Administrator

It probably won't be done right away, but my theme to-do list includes looking into theming this property setting.

Actually, since you can set properties via themes now, I suppose changing this value may already be supported...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Is this something you really plan to add to a theme?

I'm asking because the value is only loaded at startup, so if you change it while SageTV is running, it won't take effect until after restarting SageTV.

If it is used in themes, I need to be sure that the default theme resets it so users of a custom theme don't have this left-over setting.

Also note that the path for the prefix property is in relation to the location of sagetv.exe, not the STV.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Andy,

If possible, I would like to be able to add a custom animation. I was just trying to be thorough and cover all of the icons and images with the current theme I am working on so it has a consistant look.

I don't think that having to restart my sagetv client is a big deal (others may mind though...) as I seem to restart my PC every once and awhile anyways so not a problem for me.

Thanks for your help,

Jeremy
Old 07-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Administrator

It will be in the default theme in the next version, with some caveats and a suggestion not to change it. It was decided to go ahead with putting it in the default theme only because a custom theme might change it & then there would need to be a way for a user to fairly easily reset it.

- Andy
Old 07-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

Hi Andy,

Just to clarify (for me) - Does this mean that once the next version is released I should just include the images in the MBDiamond folder and if the user wants (understanding your cavaets) they can copy the images to the "Standard" theme folder and restart the client for them to take effect? (After backing up the originals of course.)

Sorry if this caused you problems,

Jeremy
Old 07-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Administrator

You can already use the v7.0.12 theme capability to set the property for this; v7.0.13 will simply always reset it in the default STV.

And, the user doesn't need to move any files; just use the relative path as I described a couple posts ago.

You could also make it a sub-theme so users of your base theme don't have to use that change... up to you.

- Andy
Old 04-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Hi Andy,

A couple of people have noticed (including myself) that the custom sweep icons are no longer showing on the HD300 with the latest beta firmware (I think ) I haven't heard any complaints about HD200 or HD100 at this time.

I had read awhile back that there was some updates to the following,

STV Updates (V7.1.2)
1. Various changes to merge items from the embedded Cheetah STV into the SageTV7 UI to enable usage of the SageTV7 UI on the HD300

Would this have changed the way that the custom sweep arrow is "themed"?

We are still usings the following line to map to the icon images in the main Diamond folder,

SetPropertyValue/ui/wait_icon_prefix=STVs/SageTV7/Themes/Diamond/tvicon_anim

We haven't changed this property since I orginally added it in the fall of 2010, Client/Server/Placeshifter UI's seems to be ok still, just the HD300 with the latest beta firmware I think.

Any ideas why this might have stopped working?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 04-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Administrator

No idea -- the STV changes you quoted refer to running the STV on the HD300 in standalone mode, not as an extender. Besides, that wait icon property is used by the core, not the STV, so STV changes wouldn't affect it.

- Andy
Old 04-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
No idea -- the STV changes you quoted refer to running the STV on the HD300 in standalone mode, not as an extender. Besides, that wait icon property is used by the core, not the STV, so STV changes wouldn't affect it.

- Andy
Thanks.

A bit odd that it isn't working on the extender and it's OK everywhere else. I'll keep looking.

J
Old 04-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Administrator

I was told that an optimization done on the HD300 means that the property is no longer used for an HD300, so those wait images can't be customized on an HD300 any more.

- Andy
Old 04-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I was told that an optimization done on the HD300 means that the property is no longer used for an HD300, so those wait images can't be customized on an HD300 any more.

- Andy
No problem, thanks for finding out for us.

J