SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Sage User

ERROR (-4,0x8007001f) and HVR-2250

My Sage system has two HVR-2250's for a total of four tuners (two dual tuner cards). It had been connected to cable and I was able to get both analog and QAM channels on all four tuners (so there were a total of 8 sources configured in Sage). I recently cancelled the cable subscription and switched to OTA instead.

I removed all 8 sources and I have been able to successfully configure three of the four tuners, however, as soon as I enable the tuner with issues (tuner number 2 in the system) I get the following message:

There was a capture error in playback. Details:
ERROR (-4,0x8007001f): There was a problem using the capture device. Please be sure you have the latest drivers installed for your capture device and that they are installed correctly.

That message comes up as soon as I select the digital tuner before I even select the channel lineup. If I acknowledge the message I'm unable to tune to any channels on that tuner (the same message comes up) and if I do a channel scan it finds 0 channels.

I searched this board and found a few references to that error message, but no good solutions for the 2250. It seemed to be a more common problem with the HD-PVR and the recommended solution is to increase the tuner delay time, but I'm not sure that makes sense in my case where I have three other identical tuners working without problems.

This has happened in both 7.0.11 and also 7.0.12 with the updated dshowcapture.dll file from this thread... http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...06&postcount=7

I don't think it's a problem with the card as the other tuner on that card is working perfectly and that particular tuner had been working find when I still had cable. I tried to update to the latest (6/2010) hauppauge drivers without success.

Any other thoughts for me? I've removed it as a source and I'm operating on three tuners now, but are there any configuration settings that remain in sage.properties even after the source is removed that might be corrupt?
Old 07-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Sage Expert

Temporarily install WinTV 7 and verify you can get all 4 OTA tuners working in there.

I also have 2 HVR-2250's and have had all four tuners configured for OTA previously (some 7 beta). It's been a while though. Currently I have one with both tuners for OTA and the other set up with 4 sources, 2 cable and 2 QAM.

You can also try swapping the position of the cards in your system. That will cause them to be relabeled - they get numbered in the order they're enumerated by the system. Then re-configure them and confirm which one pops up the error. If there's nothing wrong with the card it should probably be the same "number" you used before (which is now the other card).