SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, please let me know. I specifically mentioned to sageTV support about it being a core bug, but they said the problem is in the plugin. Coincidentally, sageMC's imported videos sort by File Name did the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I am out of town for about a week but will take a look when I return. I think I am just using a Sage built in function to return the Original Air Date and then using that function as the sort... but I need to look at the code to be sure.

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Sage User

Here is a screenshot of my BMT

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitcccled.jpg (212.9 KB, 216 views)
Old 12-15-2010, 08:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorkjl View Post
Thanks for your help.
Based on what I see in your BMT screenshot you should be seeing the following in Sage CVF...

Taking Ames (S02E03)

Or if you have the Show Title settings on...

Human Target
Taking Ames (S02E03)

Can you post a screenshot of the Sage screen with the episodes listed.

Thanks
k
Old 01-02-2011, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

jusjoken, have you had a chance to take a closer look at why movies from last century show up as newer movies using sort order: "Orig. Air Date"?

If it's a sageTV core bug, I want to be sure. SageTV development insisted that it's a bug related to the plugin.

Also, on a different topic... Would it be too much trouble to also add a sort option to sort by the movie file based on the system's "date created" for these media files? That would be so awesome if possible.

Thanks again for all your hard work and support for this plugin!

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-02-2011, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
jusjoken, have you had a chance to take a closer look at why movies from last century show up as newer movies using sort order: "Orig. Air Date"?
This is now fixed in the 1.10 release.

As info.. this was my fault. I was calling the right sort method (GetOriginalAiringDate) but I was using SortLexical in all sort cases where I now know that for this type of sort I needed to call Sort (not SortLexical).

I also added the Original Air Date to the Video Details screen (mostly so I could tell if I was doing this correctly but it's good info to know).

k
Old 01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.10

- Fix for sort by OriginalAirDate
- Added Original Air Date to Video Details

k
Old 01-02-2011, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also, on a different topic... Would it be too much trouble to also add a sort option to sort by the movie file based on the system's "date created" for these media files? That would be so awesome if possible.
The only function I have discovered to get a file's date/time stamp is the "GetPathLastModifiedTime" function which returns the Last Modified date/time. I am not aware of a function to return the files "Created" date/time so I am not able to make this change.

If someone points out a function that would work I could easily add this as another sort option.

k
Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

juskioken, I just upgraded to 1.10. However, I dont see any of the enhacements and bug fixes mentioned. See the below screenshots:

Maybe, the pictures will tell the story.

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
This is now fixed in the 1.10 release.

As info.. this was my fault. I was calling the right sort method (GetOriginalAiringDate) but I was using SortLexical in all sort cases where I now know that for this type of sort I needed to call Sort (not SortLexical).

I also added the Original Air Date to the Video Details screen (mostly so I could tell if I was doing this correctly but it's good info to know).

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-03-2011, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
juskioken, I just upgraded to 1.10. However, I dont see any of the enhacements and bug fixes mentioned. See the below screenshots:

Maybe, the pictures will tell the story.

Thanks,
Michael
Thanks for the details.. it really helps to find the issue. I forgot to update the Titles view (as I don't use it!).

k
Old 01-03-2011, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.11

- Fix for sort by OriginalAirDate (for Title view)

k
Old 01-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Hey jusjoken,

I use the quick type search option in video titles sometimes and found that with CVF installed it seems to no longer work.

You see the text as you type it but the filter isn't doing anything although the number of titles in the bottom left it looks to be adjusting with the number of titles with "Star" in them... See attached. (ignore my messed up videos... that's my own doing...)

I tested this with Diamond UI mod disabled and only the CVF plugin installed.

Anyways something to check into if you're bored, great work

Thanks,

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CVFInstantTypeSearch.jpg (127.0 KB, 182 views)
Old 01-03-2011, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Hey jusjoken,

I use the quick type search option in video titles sometimes and found that with CVF installed it seems to no longer work.

J
This is now fixed (version 1.12)... 1 bad line of code... thanks for catching it.

k
Old 01-03-2011, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.12

- Fix for quick type search option from default STV that was broken by this plugin

k
Old 01-04-2011, 12:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Videos by Category..

jusjoken, I'm curious which view(s) do you personally use? I was trying to get "Videos by Title" to be the most useful/aesthetic.... and experimented with multi-column view (to have a movie-wall effect). I got this looking pretty good. You had mentioned you dont use this view personally. It looks like you may not use the "Category/Genre" View either... as when I switch to that view...

I see a big mess which is almost impossible to read (see below screenshot). I really think it might be a good idea to make visual changes to this view completely separate from other views. I can see a few visual issues that are obviously causing problems that you may want to work on. Addressing the below issues would make the Genre/Category view much more usable. Currently, it only looks readable is with 1 column only; however, I never thought that 1 column was an efficient way to use screen real estate; especially when there are several genres (I included a screenshot of sageMC which gives an example of displaying multiple columns/rows eloquently; without clutter.

Anyway, here are the three visual issues that stand out to me most:
1) Instead of displaying genre posters, Movie posters are used for Categories. 2) I can see part of the folder icons squished vertically. I changed the sagetv default folder icons from dark grey to manilla colored so the issue is more noticeable. I actually think these icons shouldn't be displayed at all (if possible). 3) Text for each category is practically unreadable. It might be better to add the option to disable titles

BTW: Thanks for all your hard work. I can already see this plugin turning into a "Must Have"; especially for people who dont feel they need SageTV My Movies addon.

Example with Genre Icons (No Text or folder icons necessary)

Thanks,
-Michael
Quote:
- Fix for quick type search option from default STV that was broken by this plugin

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-04-2011, 10:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
jusjoken, I'm curious which view(s) do you personally use?
Thanks,
-Michael
I built CVF mostly around the Folders view in Sage. Based on various requests I have tried to "fix" other views like title, DVD and Category where my enhancements to the Folders view caused issues with the other views. I have even made some enhancements to the other views that I don't use just to keep the plugin useful for others. But I mostly use the Folders view. I like a simple view and my Wife does not like any of the multi-column views so I keep to the folder list view style.

However, I really like the direction Diamond is going and if they get a "list" type view for movies I may be moving away from CVF and using Diamond (with some tweaks if required).

As for the Category view... I can't see myself putting a lot of time into cleaning up this view except where I may have broken the original view by the changes I have made in other views... so some cleanup could occur.

k
Old 01-06-2011, 06:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the information jusjoken. I use a slightly modified version of the serenity theme... I'll check out Diamond. I have seen Diamond briefly; but, wasn't too impressed with how it changed the the main menu. I'm curious how it affects the default video imports menus. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote:
I built CVF mostly around the Folders view in Sage. Based on various requests I have tried to "fix" other views like title, DVD and Category where my enhancements to the Folders view caused issues with the other views. I have even made some enhancements to the other views that I don't use just to keep the plugin useful for others. But I mostly use the Folders view. I like a simple view and my Wife does not like any of the multi-column views so I keep to the folder list view style.

However, I really like the direction Diamond is going and if they get a "list" type view for movies I may be moving away from CVF and using Diamond (with some tweaks if required).

As for the Category view... I can't see myself putting a lot of time into cleaning up this view except where I may have broken the original view by the changes I have made in other views... so some cleanup could occur.

k

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the information jusjoken. I use a slightly modified version of the serenity theme... I'll check out Diamond. I have seen Diamond briefly; but, wasn't too impressed with how it changed the the main menu. I'm curious how it affects the default video imports menus. Thanks for the recommendation.
The wonderful thing about plugins is that they are easy to try and then uninstall so it cant hurt. The Diamond team has worked with me to ensure CVF and Diamond work together so you can have both plugins installed... I do. I use the new diamond "Imported TV" view for all my TV Series but they havn't created a simple Movies view yet so I use my CVF Video Folders view for my movies. If you like the multi column views you might like the new Diamond views under Videos too.

k
Old 01-06-2011, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You will like the next build

Quote:

k
Mike has been unhappy with all ways of categories/genres except for sagemc so I wouldn't take to much from it.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Thats absolutely true... I sure miss that particular part of SageMC! Its tough to beat the grid view of Genres in SageMC.. being able to see the maximum amount of genres on one screen without any clutter; plus, it had support for genre icon sets builtin. I guess that sageMC capability went out along with dynamic menus. Obviously, sageTV 7 STV has much more pros than cons; or I'd be still using SageMC.

I know this will probably never happen, but, it would be a good alternative to have a "My Movies Lite Edition".. using the same awesome graphics/animation/special effects as full blown My Movies; except it doesnt require installing/running a full blown external Windows app/database; and, instead using existing BMT for fanart/metadata. This would be a great way to have most of the eye candy and functionality from My Movies; without adding a significant load on system resources; as people will probably have BMT loaded anyway for TV recording support; and, possible future music support.

I did support the My Movies plugin by donating $200 worth of "credits"; which I never used. That's how much I like it. Unfortunately, CM doesnt seem to run too well if there isn't enough available system resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You will like the next build
Mike has been unhappy with all ways of categories/genres except for sagemc so I wouldn't take to much from it.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-08-2011, 12:37 AM
SageTVaholic

CVF sort request...

jusjoken, I just found out from sageTV support that a "GetPathDateCreatedTime" function doesnt exist since this doesnt exist in Java.

However, I have an alternate sort order suggestion; which might hopefully be much easier to add... to sort by the time/date that the video was imported. That way, ie, in Title view, you can see at the top of the list exactly what movies you just added in Title view; which you're ready to watch. Using original airing date sort order would make it unnecessarily difficult to find newly added movies (ie, 2 years old) that you want to watch. What do you think? Just a suggestion..

Thanks for all your time and effort!
Mike

***RIP SageTV***