SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Does anyone know why sorting by date in folder view doesn't work anymore? I think something in Sage broke.
Sorting by Date is a base SageTV function and I did not change that function but it is a NEW Sage function so their could be either an issue with the way it sorts or in your expectations of the sort.

I added 2 CVF sorts in the Folder view in this release for Original Air Date and for File Modified Date.

Provide more specifics on what Date sort you are having issues with and your expectations for the outcome of the sort and I can have a look.

k
Old 05-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Sage Expert

Yeah, I noticed those 2 options. It used to be when I sort by date, it would add the newest file to the top of the list. Folders are always at the top, but below the folders is the list of files where the newly added ones are sitting at the top ready for me to click on.

With whatever Sage did, the new ones are nowhere to be found in the list AT ALL. It's strange. I have to go to file view and they will show up by date added no problem. It's just that I like the looks of folder view better. I have all my files sitting in one folder and they used to sort by the date I added them.

Even with the new features you added to your plugin, it's messed up. It's either something on my end or Sage I guess.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed those 2 options. It used to be when I sort by date, it would add the newest file to the top of the list. Folders are always at the top, but below the folders is the list of files where the newly added ones are sitting at the top ready for me to click on.

With whatever Sage did, the new ones are nowhere to be found in the list AT ALL. It's strange. I have to go to file view and they will show up by date added no problem. It's just that I like the looks of folder view better. I have all my files sitting in one folder and they used to sort by the date I added them.

Even with the new features you added to your plugin, it's messed up. It's either something on my end or Sage I guess.
The File Modified Date sort I added should work for what you are looking for. If I compare the Folder view results in that sort method with the same files in Explorer sorted by date, the list are identical for me. If they are not for you then post a screen shot and I can try to figure out what's wrong.

The File Modified sort uses each video files modified date.

The OAD sort used the original Air Date (which can be modified in the metadata in BMT/CMT etc). If there is NO OAD then Dec 31st 1969 is used which can make the sort wierd too so if you use this type of sort make sure you have OAD for every video file).

The internal Sage Date sort uses an Airing date but I am not positive where that date originates for imported videos.

k
Old 05-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Sage Expert

Check it out. The file list displays them by date modified no problem. It's the same on the client and server client. With or without your plugin activated, too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg folder.jpg (619.0 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg file.jpg (423.2 KB, 106 views)
Old 05-26-2011, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Check it out. The file list displays them by date modified no problem. It's the same on the client and server client. With or without your plugin activated, too.
Thanks for the screencaps as at least now I know you are using the multicolumn folder view (which acts differently sometimes so it's good to know).

However, I still don't see the issue. I assume from your posts that the sort you are using is the Sage sort for "Down by Date (Newest First)" if you are expecting the "newest" at the top of the list. When I try that myself with imported TV as well as DVD folders it works fine. I get...

- All Folders first (even if they contain a single movie) - sorted alphabetical
- Reverse date sorted list of movies at this folder level

I also see you are using some method to get posters displayed in this folder view even for the folders so you must be using folder.jpg files or some other plugin mod. Perhaps the issue is related to that structure.

I am not sure I can do anymore for you as the issue you are seeing is happening with or without CVF and I am unable to recreate the issue.

k
Old 05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Sage Expert

Yeah, I use BMT for metadata and folder art.

Folder view just doesn't show the newest files first at the top, after the folders.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just updated to the newest Sage 7 Beta and it seems now that CVF is not displaying the show/episode properly in my video folder.

I am using BMT for my fanart and metadata, and everything within BMT is dead on as far as the series name, title name, episode name, season and episode. However, when it displays in my folder it only shows the series name and the SxxExx. I always had it set within the "additional options?" to add the episode to the title, and since I upgraded I am now getting this:

Extreme Couponing
Extreme Couponing (S01E05)

instead of

Extreme Couponing
Desirae & Stephanie (S01E05)

If I uncheck that box, I only end up with "Extreme Couponing (S01E05)"

I really love (up til now... LOL) CVF because it doesn't display the filename in the browser, but rather the name of the show. Perfect, and and option that is SORELY lacking in Sage7.

Another issue that I've noticed is the sorting... there is an option to sort by SxxExx - but it doesn't work for me. I can click it, but it goes back to "A-Z".

Anyone have any ideas? I haven't posted much on here lately because this thing has been a rock, but now the WAF is starting to drop because things don't look right.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Sage Icon

can3gxw, there needs to be a change to CVF to handle the changed usage of the Title and Episode fields for imported videos in the 7.1.8 SageTV beta. I'm sure jusjoken will get a change done, but the whole area is a bit of a moving target with all the changes that SageTV are doing in this area at the moment.

John
Old 06-12-2011, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
I just updated to the newest Sage 7 Beta and it seems now that CVF is not displaying the show/episode properly in my video folder.

Another issue that I've noticed is the sorting... there is an option to sort by SxxExx - but it doesn't work for me. I can click it, but it goes back to "A-Z".

This should all be fixed in 1.22 - let me know if you find any issues.

k
Old 06-12-2011, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.22

- Fix to support new Title/Episode field changes in SageTV beta 7.1.8
- note: if Episode name is different from Title then both are shown
- Fix for SE sorts that changed with SageTV beta 7.1.8
- Now shows Disc number for multi disc movies if that info is in the metadata

Let me know if you find any other issues.

k
Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

jusjoken,

Quote:
- note: if Episode name is different from Title then both are shown
Does this mean that it is normal to get what is pictured? This is with the latest 1.22 update.

Thanks,

Bobby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Title.jpg (49.1 KB, 108 views)
Old 06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Also, I've been seeing this anomaly, but I am not exactly sure where it's coming from. You see in the pics that the wrong title is showing up for these DVD's. I checked with BMT, and the ISO "Cathe Basic Step" does have the proper title(s) under the fanart and movie titles. Yet "Mad Love" is showing up. The Looney Tunes are all DVD ISO's as well, but come up "Mad Love". This just started with the 7.1.8 update. I have tried removing the videos, running a refresh, then re inserting them and running the refresh again. That used to clear all my ills in the past. But this stays and happens to all the DVD's in a subfolder in the folders view. I also tried removing CVF, BMT, CMT, Phoenix Fan Art and all the imported videos, then re installing all. But I get the same results.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Bobby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Looney.jpg (44.7 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg Mommy.jpg (49.9 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by BobbyDing; 06-12-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
Also, I've been seeing this anomaly, but I am not exactly sure where it's coming from. You see in the pics that the wrong title is showing up for these DVD's. I checked with BMT, and the ISO "Cathe Basic Step" does have the proper title(s) under the fanart and movie titles. Yet "Mad Love" is showing up. The Looney Tunes are all DVD ISO's as well, but come up "Mad Love". This just started with the 7.1.8 update. I have tried removing the videos, running a refresh, then re inserting them and running the refresh again. That used to clear all my ills in the past. But this stays and happens to all the DVD's in a subfolder in the folders view. I also tried removing CVF, BMT, CMT, Phoenix Fan Art and all the imported videos, then re installing all. But I get the same results.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Bobby
So far, CVF does not edit the list in the right info list (at least not since 7.1.x) so what you are seeing is "default" SageTV behavior which I think you already confirmed by getting this with CVF disabled (if not then please disable CVF and let me know).

I checked the default SageTV STV code and it is adding the Episode Name in single quotes after the Title, if the Episode Name is different from the Title and non-blank. So if this is not displaying what you think it should then write it up in the Beta forum.

PS: in the conversion to 7.1.8 I believe I have some titles where I am getting some odd displays on a few titles. I need to investigate further but I will also be writing it up as a beta issue when I discover more about the behavior. EDIT: in further testing I found that after I restarted SageTV on the server another time the few "odd" titles I was getting resolved themselves.

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 06-13-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
jusjoken,

Does this mean that it is normal to get what is pictured? This is with the latest 1.22 update.

Thanks,

Bobby
This refereed to the "left" list of videos not the "right" info list. I did not change the "right" info list with CVF. I should have also clarified that I only do this for non-S/E type titles (where Season number is zero) as S/E type titles display the Episode name always and only displays the Title "if" that CVF config property is set to include Titles.

k
Old 06-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank You for the response.

Quote:
So far, CVF does not edit the list in the right info list (at least not since 7.1.x) so what you are seeing is "default" SageTV behavior which I think you already confirmed by getting this with CVF disabled (if not then please disable CVF and let me know).
With CVF disabled, the right side list looks OK. Which is why I thought CVF might be the cause. I've attached two pics of the same directories in folders view with CVF disabled.

Quote:
I checked the default SageTV STV code and it is adding the Episode Name in single quotes after the Title, if the Episode Name is different from the Title and non-blank. So if this is not displaying what you think it should then write it up in the Beta forum.
If it is the default behavior in 7.1.8, then that's the way it is I guess. I just really liked that the right list displayed only the episode names. It worked with the way I have my library set up (once I have begun drilling into the "Simpsons" folder, I no longer need to be told I'm looking at Simpsons episodes, I just need the season and titles). And I thought it looked cleaner and saved real estate (still an SDTV). If I edited the titles to match the episode names with BMT, would Sage then just display the title (which would be the episode name)?

Bobby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Looney No CVF.jpg (57.1 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Mommy No CVF.jpg (57.7 KB, 104 views)
Old 06-13-2011, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thank You for the response.

With CVF disabled, the right side list looks OK. Which is why I thought CVF might be the cause. I've attached two pics of the same directories in folders view with CVF disabled.

If it is the default behavior in 7.1.8, then that's the way it is I guess. I just really liked that the right list displayed only the episode names. It worked with the way I have my library set up (once I have begun drilling into the "Simpsons" folder, I no longer need to be told I'm looking at Simpsons episodes, I just need the season and titles). And I thought it looked cleaner and saved real estate (still an SDTV). If I edited the titles to match the episode names with BMT, would Sage then just display the title (which would be the episode name)?

Bobby
No problem... I think I will edit the default behavior of the right info list to only display the Episode Name. I may add this as a configurable option incase others want the Title - Episode. Also, I now see why I didn't catch this as SageTV is seeing these files as DVD's so I need to adjust what I do that area of the code as well (as it also changed with 7.1.8).

I assume the next screen when you drill down into Looney Toons is displaying correctly? Let me know if it is not and send a screen grab too.

I will have another release out as soon as I make all the changes.

k
Old 06-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I assume the next screen when you drill down into Looney Toons is displaying correctly?
I thought it did, but rechecking it yielded a new pic. Each ISO you select on the left displays "The Big Bang Theory" on the right.

Quote:
I think I will edit the default behavior of the right info list to only display the Episode Name. I may add this as a configurable option incase others want the Title - Episode.
That would be great!!

Bobby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Looney Drill Down.jpg (39.0 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by BobbyDing; 06-13-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.23

- Right side Info List updated to handle Title/Episode changes in SageTV beta 7.1.8
- default: if Title matches Folder name then Title is not shown
- new option to Always Exclude Title from Info List
- CVF Options moved to Options Menu (below Menu Options) and removed from Menu Options dialog
- Fixed some BD/DVD naming issues

As always - let me know if there are any issues.

k
Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Works Great!! Love the new features!

Thanks You!

Bobby
Old 07-15-2011, 06:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.24

- Some compatibility issues fixed to coexist with some other Plugins

Let me know if I broke anything....

k