SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Phoenix Fanart issue in video browser

Quote:
-Category view in the Video Browser, with options to edit categories
Haven't seen any discussion about this new feature in the latest beta, probably because of so much attention on the MyMovies plugin. But for those wanting to stick with the standard STV, at least until SageMyMovies or Phoenix are final, this seems like a welcome enhancement and it works nicely with BMT metadata. Its a big deal for me. This is one of the main reason I resisted moving from SageMC to the standard V7 STV. Now I think I can make the leap.

A couple of issues I've noticed, though, and some of these might be present outside of category view but I'm not that familiar with the interface (I'm so used to SageMC):

1) The category view looks a bit cluttered. Can we have an option to not show the # of videos in the category under each category name? I really don't need to see that.. Anyway, I think its displayed on the right pane.
2) Can we get a way to customize the category images? Either to our own images or to a specific video in the folder?
3) I find that the cover images once in a particular category load rather slow, and paging up or down can be painful and slow to refresh on my HD200. Perhaps I got to used to playing around with SMM which does this so smoothly.
4) The title of a particular video doesn't always show. Its showing on some and not others.. See screenshot below.

None the less, I'm pleased to have this small but very welcome enhancement.

Marc
Attached Images
File Type: png category.PNG (621.4 KB, 264 views)
Old 08-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
4) The title of a particular video doesn't always show. Its showing on some and not others.. See screenshot below.
Do you still see this & does it happen on any of the other video browser views? The Titles & DVDs/BDs views actually display the video info just like when viewing a specific category in your screenshot.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Do you still see this & does it happen on any of the other video browser views? The Titles & DVDs/BDs views actually display the video info just like when viewing a specific category in your screenshot.

- Andy
Yes.. I see the same thing in other views. I guess I failed to specifically mention, though its obvious from the screenshot, that I have it set up to display 4x4 rather than the default 1 col x 7 rows (i think its 7). I don't have any problems with the titles displaying with only 1 column but 2 and more seem to cause problems. And as for #1 above, the cluttered look I'm discussing only appears when the categories are viewed in this grid-like orientation.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Administrator

This is another one that I haven't been able to reproduce nor do I yet see a reason for that to happen in the code. Do you have any plugins installed? If so, would you disable all of them to see if it continues to happen?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
This is another one that I haven't been able to reproduce nor do I yet see a reason for that to happen in the code. Do you have any plugins installed? If so, would you disable all of them to see if it continues to happen?

- Andy
I disabled them all and the problem went away.. Then I re-enabled them a few at a time until I narrowed it down to the Phoenix Fanart For SageTV V7 plugin. As soon as I enable that one, the situation in the screenshot above occurs.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:36 PM
SageTVaholic

The Phoenix Fanart plugin hides titles if phoenix fanart exists for that item. If fan art doesn't exist you are seeing the default STV behavior.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyway we could have an option to always show the text with this plugin? I like seeing the text as sometimes I can't tell from the cover what the movie is, and of course some of my movies don't have fanart. I'd rather have a consistent look. Thanks!