SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Plugin :: Phoenix Fanart for SageTV V7

This plugin pulls the thumbnails used in the default V7 UI from the Phoenix Central Fanart Folder.

It's intention is not to improve or change the default UI's look / feel - it is solely changing where the images come from. Sizing, effects, etc are not in the scope of this plugin.

In the images below, the artwork seen is what has been replaced.

Look for this plugin in the STVI section of the Plugin Manager.

Configuration Options :: there are two menu items in the Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize added with this plug in.
1) Phoenix Central Fanart Folder - Set the Central Fanart Folder location.
2) Scale Phoenix Backgrounds - The default UI uses a very small image for what are usually 1920x1080 or 1280x720 background images that BMT fetches. If you select this option it will create a copy in the cache directory that is sized appropriately for your UI - this is especially important for extenders to make performance acceptable. Full clients don't necessarily need this. Note that if you don't do this it will still start building your cache, just not all at once. Scaling is a CPU intensive task, and will bring your server to a crawl until it has processed all your fanart

btl.

Last edited by bialio; 05-20-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

You can also get a 'Movie Wall Light' experience - not as massive and mind blowing as PLUCKY puts out - but not too bad if a wall is what you like :

Just size the grid to 3x5 and the Phoenix coverart for movies line up nicely.....

btl.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

When I installed this the HD200 started to studder when browsing my videos. The circle kept popping up to do some loading, and the scrolling through videos was slow. I know you said it doesn't change how the UI works, just where it loads from, but it does sseem to effect is somehow. I don't get the default image icon for images it hasn't loaded yet, so I'm guessing it is still trying to load everything.

It's much faster then v6, but I had to disable it(love that feature! rather then having to uninstall it) to get it to get the higher WAF.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:29 PM
SageTVaholic

There are some tips in the first post to get the performance faster for extenders.
btl.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
There are some tips in the first post to get the performance faster for extenders.
btl.
If you use background loading on the fanart bg scaling shouldn't be necessary but it will delay loading of the image. You may be already doing this I didn't look
Old 05-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Sage Icon

How did you turn off the text title over the image? I see it like this and can't put the text size to 0 or anything to make it go away.

http://imgur.com/FfVen.jpg

Last edited by Opus4; 05-20-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: image too wide to post inline; changed to link!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

That's a secret

Look for an update to this Plugin sometime tonight that will turn the title off for the grid view.

btl.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Last edited by Opus4; Today at 07:15 PM. Reason: image too wide to post inline; changed to link!
It fit on my screen!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
It fit on my screen!
This rule clarification matters more than your screen size.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's a secret

Look for an update to this Plugin sometime tonight that will turn the title off for the grid view.

btl.
yippie
Old 05-20-2010, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Update is now available.

btl.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

I just hit the Scale Phoenix Backgrounds by mistake, and don't think there was a confirmation prompt before running it, would it be possible to add that if it's not there (or did I just somehow just not notice the confirmation while I was spellbound by the new screens & graphics? ).
Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

I've tried to run the Scale option twice now, and both times it's brought the server to it's knees, and made Sage completely unresponsive (so much so that the extenders don't even see it there). I've had to kill the process to get the system back up and running. It'd be nice if there was a way to do this offline, an app that specifically does this (I have a HUGE library of fanart, so I'm guessing it's either maybe a bad piece of art, or possibly I'm running out of memory (I have I think 900m set in my java config)).

Also, did the update you posted earlier contain the fix for removing the text from the wall view, and if so, how do you do it?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, when you tell it to scale it maxes out the CPU on the server and will keep it maxed until it's done. You can watch the /cache directory in the install folder to see if it's making progress or not - but you definetly shouldn't be doing this while recording or trying to use the system at all. I'll add some notes to that effect in the first post, but I think I might remove the option all together in the next release - I'm beginning to suspect the performance gains aren't that much.

The text from the wall view will disappear all by itself, you won't have to do anything.
btl.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I'll add some notes to that effect in the first post, but I think I might remove the option all together in the next release - I'm beginning to suspect the performance gains aren't that much.
I tried doing the "Movie Wall Light" settings and it was actually somewhat slow without the scaling. I could tell the fanart was slowing it down. Once I went back and did the scaling, it sped things up and works really well now. This was just my experience.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah, when you tell it to scale it maxes out the CPU on the server and will keep it maxed until it's done. You can watch the /cache directory in the install folder to see if it's making progress or not - but you definetly shouldn't be doing this while recording or trying to use the system at all. I'll add some notes to that effect in the first post, but I think I might remove the option all together in the next release - I'm beginning to suspect the performance gains aren't that much.

The text from the wall view will disappear all by itself, you won't have to do anything.
btl.
I realized it doesn't appear to remove the text when you're in folder view, which is what I was using at the time. Guess it would make it more difficult to navigate if it did, lol.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
That's a secret

btl.

I'm using version 0.1.8. It says 'Added code to remove text from Grid View if there is Phoenix Fanart for that item'. I am still seeing text in Titles and Folders mode. I'm not very smart. How do you get to 'Grid View'?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Options, then Menu Options, then make it 3 rows and 5 columns.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

This may be a bit off topic but Bialio how the heck do you still have 18 episodes of Farscape recordings still??? The last episode aired in ~'03 or '04
Old 05-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Options, then Menu Options, then make it 3 rows and 5 columns.
Right. Did that.

Perhaps it's not using the Phoenix fan art? Do I have to do something special to get it to use the Phoenix fan art instead of the images I previously had? Also, the image above the title, description, etc doesn't show up. Thanks for the help.