SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageMyMovies Covers on Extender

The movie covers on my HD100 extender look pixelly (is that a word) and soft. I went to the sagetv scaling properties file and tried to increase the resolution - I even went to 0X0 and the covers just don't look right. On my PC running SageTV the covers look great. Am I missing something? Does anyone have recommended scaling for movie covers. Is there a refresh that I need to do?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 08-21-2010, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
The movie covers on my HD100 extender look pixelly (is that a word) and soft. I went to the sagetv scaling properties file and tried to increase the resolution - I even went to 0X0 and the covers just don't look right. On my PC running SageTV the covers look great. Am I missing something? Does anyone have recommended scaling for movie covers. Is there a refresh that I need to do?

Thanks,

Dan
You have to remember that extenders only render at 1024x576 (or something close to that can't remember exactly right now.) So they won't be full resolution. That being said just changing the scaling properties won't change it the sagetv service needs to be stopped when editing and restarted after editing for it to take effect. It is not a file that can be edited with the service running and be instant.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

PluckyHD,

I looked into this a little further and have realized that the covers themselves on the extender in the wall view look great. It is only when the movie is selected and gets larger (I have my selected size set to 1.8) that the picture gets soft. So it must be the scaling or the transformation of the cover that makes this happen.

I will have to read through the wiki to see if there is a way to set the number or rows and columns of movie covers in wall view. If I make them larger then my selected size will not need to be as large and I think this will minimize the "softness".

Dan