SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Sage User

ComskipPlayback plugin install failed

SageTV V7.09.230

Java Vr. 1.6.0_21

Windows 7 Home Premium, fully updated.

Tried to install Comskip Playback by JREkiwi from the Sage 7 plugin installer. It fails, seems to not fully extract a zip file. I get a dialog “Plugin Install Progress: Done - Failed - Zip Extraction of http//download.sagetv.com/plugins/JREkiwi/ComskipPlayback/Comskip_Playback_Sample.zip” I hit the close button and get “The UI needs to be reloaded...etc”.

Did a search of these forums but didn’t find any referance to install problem like this. Please help.
I don’t have any plugins installed at this time.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogburgs View Post
SageTV V7.09.230

Java Vr. 1.6.0_21

Windows 7 Home Premium, fully updated.

Tried to install Comskip Playback by JREkiwi from the Sage 7 plugin installer. It fails, seems to not fully extract a zip file. I get a dialog “Plugin Install Progress: Done - Failed - Zip Extraction of http//download.sagetv.com/plugins/JREkiwi/ComskipPlayback/Comskip_Playback_Sample.zip” I hit the close button and get “The UI needs to be reloaded...etc”.

Did a search of these forums but didn’t find any referance to install problem like this. Please help.
I don’t have any plugins installed at this time.
There is a bug in 7.09 where it doesn't create directories in the zip file. It's fixed in later versions of SageTV.

John
Old 08-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Sage Icon

You could manually create the directory C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\Externals with any non-default paths adjusted as required.

The plugin should install after that.

John
Old 08-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Sage User

That worked

Thank you John, that worked perfectly.

Ken