SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
So if that is the case, how would any of you recommend going back and deleting all of these .properties files that are erroneously being recognized as movies? I have a large collection and that would be a pain.
Probably a script of some sort - seems that I recall someone writing a script to put mkv's into their own folders. Perhaps that script could be modified to do what you need. Generally, I just write a quick program in Delphi to do this sort of thing and have it list the files that will be deleted before actually deleting them. Deleting files automatically can be dangerous since they don't go into the recycle bin.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
I know this has been brought up be before and was shot down but is it possible to have banner for a single video file? Just looks empty and incomplete when you don't have banner art.

I still love it though.
Wasn't shot down has been logged and fixed I believe just not release yet.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

What about recordings that BMT can't find metadata for? They default to Sage thinking they are Movie, so they show up in Diamond Wall and Flow. Is there a way (plan) to limit to import folders?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhorer View Post
Probably a script of some sort - seems that I recall someone writing a script to put mkv's into their own folders. Perhaps that script could be modified to do what you need. Generally, I just write a quick program in Delphi to do this sort of thing and have it list the files that will be deleted before actually deleting them. Deleting files automatically can be dangerous since they don't go into the recycle bin.
Or, if you're using Windows Vista or later, simply use Windows Explorer and navigate to your top level folder, click into the search box at the top right and enter the text
Code:
type:properties
This will show you all the .properties files anywhere under the top level folder you're currently in. Delete as necessary.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 01-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

I love the diamond and it great

But I got a question about the watched icon, in sagemc the watched show on guide would have a blue "w" icon and also in recorded shows same thing etc,

In diamond theme, in guide the letterings are either bold or italic ( I am still confuse which is which) and the recorded show listing there a tiny I mean really tiny check mark on watched shows.

Is there a way to replace those with icons like ones in sagemc or replace it with something that more noticable to see which is watched or not?

Keep up with the great project!

Thank you

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-11-2011, 10:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post

But I got a question about the watched icon, in sagemc the watched show on guide would have a blue "w" icon and also in recorded shows same thing etc,

In diamond theme, in guide the letterings are either bold or italic ( I am still confuse which is which) and the recorded show listing there a tiny I mean really tiny check mark on watched shows.

Is there a way to replace those with icons like ones in sagemc or replace it with something that more noticable to see which is watched or not?

Thank you

Bill
The normal/italic = unwatched/watched is actually brought over from the default STV. That is just how sage displays it (and has for some time).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post

Thank you

Bill
Thanks, glad you like Diamond.

The EPG is for the most part the default Sagetv guide with a few little tweaks. Currently watched shows appear in "italics" (slanted font) and Favorites appear in "bold", this is the default behaviour as Fuzzy pointed out and we have not made any changes there. The Malore HD and First run dot markers were tweaked a little to show full "HD" and first run "1" icons but that was the extent of the EPG mod other than hiding the vertical scroll bar on the right to recover a bit more guide space.

I am not really sure why your "watched" checkmarks are showing so small in the recording listing. I can't make them any smaller than the attached image unless I am misunderstanding. Unless you are just wanting something larger and "square" or "round" like the default or Sagemc. You can create your own Diamond theme and replace icons as you wish to get any look you are wanting.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RecordingWatchedIcon.jpg (106.1 KB, 591 views)

Last edited by jorton; 01-11-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Sage Expert

Just want to say thanks for this Theme/UI Mod, it's great

One query, is there any simple way I can make the scroll indicator "stand out" a bit more on the TV Recordings screen? I find it very light in color and when you have a big list of recorded shows I find it difficult to determine how far down I have scrolled?

I've gone through all the included themes but the scroll bar has similar highlighting on all of them.

Also have the same issue on the Interleaved Recording Schedule screen, where the scroll bar appears on the right this time but cannot even see a scroll indicator?

Cheers!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Jeremy, great stuff! I really like the way it looks on the right hand side of the picture below. I looked through the slide show in the first post, but didnt see the TV Recordings' right side pane look like that. Is that a separate plugin that would work with different themes or is that enhancement included in the newer versions of the Diamond theme? What plugin(s) specifically do I need to load?

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Thanks, glad you like Diamond.

The EPG is for the most part the default Sagetv guide with a few little tweaks. Currently watched shows appear in "italics" (slanted font) and Favorites appear in "bold", this is the default behaviour as Fuzzy pointed out and we have not made any changes there. The Malore HD and First run dot markers were tweaked a little to show full "HD" and first run "1" icons but that was the extent of the EPG mod other than hiding the vertical scroll bar on the right to recover a bit more guide space.

I am not really sure why your "watched" checkmarks are showing so small in the recording listing. I can't make them any smaller than the attached image unless I am misunderstanding. Unless you are just wanting something larger and "square" or "round" like the default or Sagemc. You can create your own Diamond theme and replace icons as you wish to get any look you are wanting.

Cheers,

Jeremy

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Jeremy, great stuff! I really like the way it looks on the right hand side of the picture below. I looked through the slide show in the first post, but didnt see the TV Recordings' right side pane look like that. Is that a separate plugin that would work with different themes or is that enhancement included in the newer versions of the Diamond theme? What plugin(s) specifically do I need to load?

Thanks,
Michael
We rushed out the current posted version of Diamond in early December so we could have a month or so off and I didn't even realize that the slideshow is missing three very important new features, the Diamond Recording tweaks and the two included Diamond movie views (Wall and Flow)... oops.

Even though I am running a slightly newer build what you see in the screenshot is in the build posted in the repository, it's the "Diamond Info" option to turn on the right side panel like the screenshot.

There is quite a list of new addons/tweaks coming in the next version that will allow you to pretty much make the recording list look how you like with many new options. No ETA as its still in the works.

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 01-12-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 01-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Sage Icon

Update

Just did a quick update to the first post to better reflect the current version of Diamond in the repository. I have yet to complete the features list, but once you're using it you'll find the various options pretty straight forward. I'll post more when I get some time.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
Just want to say thanks for this Theme/UI Mod, it's great

One query, is there any simple way I can make the scroll indicator "stand out" a bit more on the TV Recordings screen? I find it very light in color and when you have a big list of recorded shows I find it difficult to determine how far down I have scrolled?

I've gone through all the included themes but the scroll bar has similar highlighting on all of them.

Also have the same issue on the Interleaved Recording Schedule screen, where the scroll bar appears on the right this time but cannot even see a scroll indicator?

Cheers!
I am working on something for the next build that will provide options like you are requesting. I'll post more details when I get closer to completion.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Sage Expert

Great, look forward to that
Old 01-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What about recordings that BMT can't find metadata for? They default to Sage thinking they are Movie, so they show up in Diamond Wall and Flow. Is there a way (plan) to limit to import folders?
I've been going through my recordings in BMT and manually fixing these, but is there a way to limit Diamond Wall to a specific import folder?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-12-2011, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've been going through my recordings in BMT and manually fixing these, but is there a way to limit Diamond Wall to a specific import folder?
Not yet but there will be for both movies and tv.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've had Diamond installed for a few days, and have been using the banner view for my TV recordings. Some shows seem to be working well with the banners, and others seem to be dropping out every so often.

Some shows that work:
Word Girl (PBS)
Modern Family

Some shows that lost their banners recently:
Castle (originally had wrong banner, had to manually assign in BMT, then disappeared)
Parenthood (originally had no banner, had to manually assign in BMT, then disappeared again)
The Mentalist (was fine, just dropped)
Nature (worked, then disappeared)
Saturday Night Live (ditto)

It also disappeared off of Cougar Town, but I suspect that is because I only have one recording of that show left now. The other shows have multiples.

Anybody have any idea what's going on? I think the "disappearences" happened when new episodes recorded, but am not sure.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Sage User

First off thanks for the hard work and this excellent UI. I'm new to SageTV and have been using this theme almost exclusively. I had a few thoughts and suggestions that I thought I would share. BTW I only use SageTV for playing stored movies.

First, I love the the wall view with information enabled (awesome). I don't use the flow view very often for a few reasons. The first reason is that the row of covers is in the middl'ish/upper part of the screen which occludes most of the main aspect of the fanart. I think the row should be located at the bottom to allow better fanart viewing. I think in photography your often taught that the upper third is the most important (usually where faces are etc...). Second, the actual cover image generated doesn't appear to be the highest quality. The cover looks OK but not great. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the source image, scaling/rendering, imposed limits for speed etc...However, since the main focus on this view is currently the cover I think highest quality of image would be better. Also on this view when you hit the "info" button nothing happens. However, when you select the movie and then select "view detail" I think you get the default Sage information screen which on my system has a generated thumbnail from the first scene of the movie (usually the production company logo). I think the "info" button should be mapped to bring up this screen or better yet an improved Diamond version directly.

A few other thoughts, I think a mechanism to jump to certain "letters" in the movie flow/wall would make browsing large collections easy (perhaps using the number buttons and there corresponding letters?

A few minor issues I have with my collection, which may only be present because I'm still learning, is that the movie duration times are all "0 mins," Whereas in the default sage DVD/BD view the times are listed correctly. Finally I have one phantom movie that lists as unknown (). This is strange because in the Sage DVD/BD view this phantom movie is not present?

Thanks again for the great view...I cant imagine all the work that goes into creating something like this.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipshod View Post
I've had Diamond installed for a few days, and have been using the banner view for my TV recordings. Some shows seem to be working well with the banners, and others seem to be dropping out every so often.

Some shows that work:
Word Girl (PBS)
Modern Family

Some shows that lost their banners recently:
Castle (originally had wrong banner, had to manually assign in BMT, then disappeared)
Parenthood (originally had no banner, had to manually assign in BMT, then disappeared again)
The Mentalist (was fine, just dropped)
Nature (worked, then disappeared)
Saturday Night Live (ditto)

It also disappeared off of Cougar Town, but I suspect that is because I only have one recording of that show left now. The other shows have multiples.

Anybody have any idea what's going on? I think the "disappearences" happened when new episodes recorded, but am not sure.
Don't know if it will help, but you might want to try deleting the following folder and letting the images re-cache,

C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\cache\DiamondImages

J
Old 01-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Sage Icon

First off, we're glad you like Diamond, so thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunserotti View Post
First, I love the the wall view with information enabled (awesome). I don't use the flow view very often for a few reasons. The first reason is that the row of covers is in the middl'ish/upper part of the screen which occludes most of the main aspect of the fanart. I think the row should be located at the bottom to allow better fanart viewing. I think in photography your often taught that the upper third is the most important (usually where faces are etc...).
I'll have a look at this, I have also noticed that on a lot of the BG fanart the main "focus" of the fanart whether it is actors or logos etc is covered by the "flow" posters. Not sure we'll change but I'll look into it.

Quote:
Second, the actual cover image generated doesn't appear to be the highest quality. The cover looks OK but not great. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the source image, scaling/rendering, imposed limits for speed etc...However, since the main focus on this view is currently the cover I think highest quality of image would be better.
I believe that this wasn't directly logged but is part of another issue to be fixed in the next release.

Quote:
Also on this view when you hit the "info" button nothing happens. However, when you select the movie and then select "view detail" I think you get the default Sage information screen which on my system has a generated thumbnail from the first scene of the movie (usually the production company logo). I think the "info" button should be mapped to bring up this screen or better yet an improved Diamond version directly.
This was previously logged and fixed in our latest internal build. Not sure that we are going to tackle a full "info view" but the Diamond info slide out (right side of screen) is working on wall and flow with the "info" button now. It slides in and out when you hit "info".

Quote:
A few other thoughts, I think a mechanism to jump to certain "letters" in the movie flow/wall would make browsing large collections easy (perhaps using the number buttons and there corresponding letters?
This is a good suggestion, I'll add as a feature request and see if it can be added. I mostly use Plucky's Sage My Movies, but it would be a nice addition for Diamond.

Quote:
A few minor issues I have with my collection, which may only be present because I'm still learning, is that the movie duration times are all "0 mins," Whereas in the default sage DVD/BD view the times are listed correctly.
This has also been logged and will be fixed in the next release.

Quote:
Finally I have one phantom movie that lists as unknown (). This is strange because in the Sage DVD/BD view this phantom movie is not present?
This issue has been logged and is already fixed for the next release. These mystery movies were "tuners" showing in the Wall and Flow view.

As you can see there's been some work on Diamond for the next release. This stuff does take time so no ETA on the release as of yet.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 01-15-2011, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I'll have a look at this, I have also noticed that on a lot of the BG fanart the main "focus" of the fanart whether it is actors or logos etc is covered by the "flow" posters. Not sure we'll change but I'll look into it.
This won't change as it kind of ruins the look I was going for. The covers are suppose to be center stage and the BG is suppose to be just that a BG. No really worried what shows and what doesn't. To me moving it to the bottom or top elimates the overall look I was going for the covers are suppose to be center not the BG fanart.

As for the info slideout it will be different from the one in the wall view (it will slide out from the bottom no the side.) once finished.

As Jeremy said allot of these issues are already listed on the bug log and this thread searching does wonders

and no ETA on new release we are still a bit off.
plucky
Closed Thread