SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Also: I am trying to convert my personal theme (different Art works and color scheme) but can't seem to get a font I like to work. A lot of the ones I like truncate the last letter a little bit. I can't seem to find a setting in the properties file to deal with this. I suspect I could fix it in Studio but then I would need to do that with every update. Posting a pic to help you see what I am talking about.
Attachment 12024
Hey SWKerr,

Looks like the issue has to do with the text being right justified and the font being italics as the right top right corner of the last letter is being chopped off. I'll do a little testing and see if it's something I can adjust slightly ("pad" or "inset" etc) to allow the use of italics if users want to set the font style in the theme properties file.

Jeremy
Old 02-19-2011, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Diamond Enhancement test plugin: Fanart delay removal

Now that I have my standard SageTV 7 STV theme setup. The only remaining issue that really bugged me with diamond was the relatively long delay in displaying the diamond fanart background under TV/Videos; especially for higher resolution backgrounds. Typically, I have to highlight a TV show/Move and wait up to a second or so for the fanart background to appear; even though the rest of the screen is already displayed.

So, I made a small non-public "test" plugin to remove the delays for my setup; while still keeping the nice fadein affect. I did the best I could with the limited studio experience I have; and, the fact that I wasnt able to get any significant help from the developers (and understandably so, since I'm sure they are very busy). If anyone wants to give this Diamond enhancement plugin a try, please send me a PM. It's very easy to install/uninstall cleanly (less than 2 minutes). After installing the plugin, the delay "should" be roughly equivalent to other phoenix fanart plugins that display a full screen backgrounds like Upcoming Movies plugin.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Talking Hide Folders?

Is there any way to hide folders now or in the future that can be unlocked with a pin code? (Yes its for that)
Old 02-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alton987 View Post
Is there any way to hide folders now or in the future that can be unlocked with a pin code? (Yes its for that)
Hey Alton,

Not at the moment, Plucky has added a pretty cool include/exclude folder filter for the movie views but there's nothing in place to allow you to restrict access to the view itself in the upcoming Diamond release.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Sage User

Oh Great Diamond Theme Developers

Is there any guidance you can give us on when we might see the next release?

I'm dying to get the fixes for flow & wall views (no tuners or other extraneous items) so that the WAF can improve significantly.

How long should I tell her she has to wait?
Old 02-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there any way to make the menus of 'recordings' more transparent? I can barely see the backgrounds. Thanks for any tips.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasbuck View Post
Is there any way to make the menus of 'recordings' more transparent? I can barely see the backgrounds. Thanks for any tips.

In the main "Diamond" theme folder, open the theme.properties file and find this line,

NumberIntAlpha/gAlphaCenterBGWithBorder=255

Decrease the value to something 0-255 and the main bg image will be more transparent.

J
Old 02-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
In the main "Diamond" theme folder, open the theme.properties file and find this line,

NumberIntAlpha/gAlphaCenterBGWithBorder=255

Decrease the value to something 0-255 and the main bg image will be more transparent.

J
Thanks!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hey Alton,

Not at the moment, Plucky has added a pretty cool include/exclude folder filter for the movie views but there's nothing in place to allow you to restrict access to the view itself in the upcoming Diamond release.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Thanks, does anyone know of any Sage apps to hide video folders?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sorry can't think of anything. Here's some more info on the options (no pin) in Diamond with the include/exclude and creating custom views,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...7&postcount=16

I do agree that even a "pin" per view option might be nice to have just not in the plans for Diamond at the moment.

Jeremy
Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
SMM does it by rating across the board on mymovies videos based on rating or folder. Just hides them from view until password is entered. I plan on porting this over to diamond just haven't had time yet.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Now that I have my standard SageTV 7 STV theme setup. The only remaining issue that really bugged me with diamond was the relatively long delay in displaying the diamond fanart background under TV/Videos; especially for higher resolution backgrounds. Typically, I have to highlight a TV show/Move and wait up to a second or so for the fanart background to appear; even though the rest of the screen is already displayed.

So, I made a small non-public "test" plugin to remove the delays for my setup; while still keeping the nice fadein affect. I did the best I could with the limited studio experience I have; and, the fact that I wasnt able to get any significant help from the developers (and understandably so, since I'm sure they are very busy). If anyone wants to give this Diamond enhancement plugin a try, please send me a PM. It's very easy to install/uninstall cleanly (less than 2 minutes). After installing the plugin, the delay "should" be roughly equivalent to other phoenix fanart plugins that display a full screen backgrounds like Upcoming Movies plugin.

-Michael
Making the fanart appear quicker seems like a good idea. I'm a little leary that there has been no comments by the devs re: implementation and compatibility with future releases. Perhaps the new version will have fanart tweaks included. I'm just gonna wait to see what the next version entails. Cheers
Old 02-21-2011, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that's the main reason why I didnt make the plugin public. Anything could change. Like everyone, I'm dying to find out what the new version brings. I have no idea what I'm doing; just trial and error. However, it did seem to take away the delay while still keeping an animated fadin/fadeout. From what I can tell I "think" I did was remove 1 second "wait" and shortened the fade in/fade out animation delays when entering Diamond modded menus with full screen fanart backgrounds. I had to be careful not to make the fanart didnt just popup, or the fanart backgrounds would give that "strobe-light" effect when scrolling through items; especially if you have fanart backgrounds for every item you scroll over. If the new version still keep a significant delay without an option to change it, I could release a Diamond Fanart Accelerator plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunserotti View Post
Making the fanart appear quicker seems like a good idea. I'm a little leary that there has been no comments by the devs re: implementation and compatibility with future releases. Perhaps the new version will have fanart tweaks included. I'm just gonna wait to see what the next version entails. Cheers

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

has anyone tried the new beta with this yet?
Old 02-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd View Post
has anyone tried the new beta with this yet?
Yes, works on the HD200/HD300.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Next Friday could be a good day or not depending on how you look at it.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Next Friday could be a good day or not depending on how you look at it.
next or this?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 PM
SageTVaholic

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but, I noticed one of the STV enhancements for the SageTV beta update was, "-Added awards information for movies (i.e. Academy Award for Best Picture, and things like that)". I'm curious if that information is available to us. I wasn't sure where to look for that information after I installed the update. I tried accessing various menu options for some movies in the EGP that I thought received multiple awards, but wasn't successful.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but, I noticed one of the STV enhancements for the SageTV beta update was, "-Added awards information for movies (i.e. Academy Award for Best Picture, and things like that)". I'm curious if that information is available to us. I wasn't sure where to look for that information after I installed the update. I tried accessing various menu options for some movies in the EGP that I thought received multiple awards, but wasn't successful.
You might want to ask in the beta forum where we are supposed to see this info. I had a quick look but nothing jumped out at me.

Jeremy
Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Jeremy, I asked in the beta forum and got a quick answer by Andy, our moderator. He responded:

Just look at the Recording/Program Information screen for a movie that has won awards. If it isn't there, then the plugin modified what info is displayed.

- Andy

I'm not sure if this is out of the question, but could you guys, while checking for SageTV v7.1.2 Beta compatibility in the upcoming Diamond release, check to see if this feature isn't broken by diamond?

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
You might want to ask in the beta forum where we are supposed to see this info. I had a quick look but nothing jumped out at me.

Jeremy

***RIP SageTV***
Closed Thread