SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Jeremy, I asked in the beta forum and got a quick answer by Andy, our moderator. He responded:

Just look at the Recording/Program Information screen for a movie that has won awards. If it isn't there, then the plugin modified what info is displayed.

- Andy

I'm not sure if this is out of the question, but could you guys, while checking for SageTV v7.1.2 Beta compatibility in the upcoming Diamond release, check to see if this feature isn't broken by diamond?

Thanks,
Michael
We don't modify that in the current or next version we haven't touched the info views yet.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Plucky, I hope it's okay for asking this... any chance you were able to fix the back issue in upcoming diamond update.. since its easily enough fix. I realize having full mouse support appears to be out of the question based on your response, but hopefully the "back" icon in Diamond Wall/Diamond Flow will be consistent with the rest of the menus related to diamond.

Thanks for your consideration and time,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
We can easily enough fix the back issue. Diamond movie views don't and won't work/support mouse's. As with SMM it works fine with clients but I don't support mouse's with my fixed focus views. I code for use with remote and keyboards not mouse's and no one has convinced me otherwise yet

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry for being dense, but I just wanted to make sure that diamond is the reason for not being able to see that new information from the new feature; and, its not because I'm looking at the wrong movies that dont have awards. Maybe if you didn't modify that view, it implies that it should work the same as the the latest sageTV version without diamond?

Quote:
We don't modify that in the current or next version we haven't touched the info views yet.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Plucky, I hope it's okay for asking this... any chance you were able to fix the back issue in upcoming diamond update.. since its easily enough fix. I realize having full mouse support appears to be out of the question based on your response, but hopefully the "back" icon in Diamond Wall/Diamond Flow will be consistent with the rest of the menus related to diamond.

Thanks for your consideration and time,
Michael
On my list of fixes left.

Quote:
Sorry for being dense, but I just wanted to make sure that diamond is the reason for not being able to see that new information from the new feature; and, its not because I'm looking at the wrong movies that dont have awards. Maybe if you didn't modify that view, it implies that it should work the same as the the latest sageTV version without diamond?
Correct
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Has anyone else noticed *some* backgrounds looking like this recently?:

All the images in the Phoenix Fan Art folder look fine, but when they are put in the Cache>DiamondImages folder , they appear like above. It does not happen to all images...only certain ones. If I go to the Phoenix Fan Art folder>The Middle, for example...and delete the parent image that appears like this, another one will get picked and it will be fine. It is random it seems. I have made no changes to SageTV, it just started happening within the last week or two. And the only time you will notice is when Diamond adds it to Cache...they open and look fine with an image viewer, from the fan art folder. Is it Diamond? BMT? Phoenix?

P
Old 02-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post

All the images in the Phoenix Fan Art folder look fine, but when they are put in the Cache>DiamondImages folder , they appear like above. It does not happen to all images...only certain ones. If I go to the Phoenix Fan Art folder>The Middle, for example...and delete the parent image that appears like this, another one will get picked and it will be fine. It is random it seems. I have made no changes to SageTV, it just started happening within the last week or two. And the only time you will notice is when Diamond adds it to Cache...they open and look fine with an image viewer, from the fan art folder. Is it Diamond? BMT? Phoenix?

P
I have noticed this for a couple images on the latest test version, I'll see if there's anything different about the images (properties etc..) that are being downloaded before caching. If I find anything I'll log it.

Jeremy
Old 02-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

P
Known issue with java image image apis... its in java's court to fix it... if you read the thread i just linked to you'll see that Stuckless has some possible work arounds to make this work again.... but not much we can do until then....
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 02-24-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Known issue with java image image apis... its in java's court to fix it... if you read the thread i just linked to you'll see that sean has some possible work arounds to make this work again.... but not much we can do until then....
I have had discussions with Stuckless about this as well and it is a issue we hope to both resolve in our code with the next release of sagetv.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm working on a solution (for phoenix) as well... but it requires some changes to sagetv, which won't be available until the next few builds. once those changes are made, i can use sage's native apis and this problem should go away.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, I thought this one would get a total "not happening here" response

If I download manually (right click in Firefox) from TVDB, will this still happen?

Disregard, I just read that thread. I'll just open>save>close the ones that fubar, and delete them from cache...to be reloaded. Thanks again.

P

Last edited by Polypro; 02-24-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

If I download manually (right click in Firefox) from TVDB, will this still happen?

P
Sounds like the current work around is to open the offending images and resave them so that the colorspace is updated then the caching will work. So yes if you download a replacement image and "save" it might work, or you have to open it in an image editor and save it etc...

Looks like Plucky and Stuckless have a solution coming from above posts.

J
Old 02-24-2011, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Disregard, I just read that thread. I'll just open>save>close the ones that fubar, and delete them from cache...to be reloaded. Thanks again.

P
Yes it is a java.io problem not the file itself.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there an automated way to replace all images affected after this is fixed? Fanart is updated all the time with BMI for me; and, not sure which ones were affected. Also, does this issue affect everyone; or, are there certain circumstances that dont have this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm working on a solution (for phoenix) as well... but it requires some changes to sagetv, which won't be available until the next few builds. once those changes are made, i can use sage's native apis and this problem should go away.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-25-2011, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Just in case others may want to know; just to be clear, the new sageTV beta feature to include awards info seems to be fully compatible with diamond. I was able to do that with both recorded/unrecorded (EPG) TV movies under, "Recording Detail. I had to keep looking until I found a movie that for-sure had at least one "Best of" Academy award; such as, "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring".

Quote:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is there an automated way to replace all images affected after this is fixed? Fanart is updated all the time with BMI for me; and, not sure which ones were affected. Also, does this issue affect everyone; or, are there certain circumstances that dont have this issue?
not that im aware of.... you could write some bat file / script to open and save every file in your fanart directory... probably you could do this with sjq / groovy script... then it would only process each file once.... then after you do it the first time blow away your cache then you wont have the problem anymore....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-25-2011, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Categories/Geners anyone? I feel like sharing it is friday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diamondgenres.JPG (181.3 KB, 355 views)
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Looking good...when do we get it then? it is Friday..
Old 02-25-2011, 08:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
Looking good...when do we get it then? it is Friday..
Reread my post
Old 02-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Next Friday could be a good day or not depending on how you look at it.
yeh, but you didn't say which 'next' Friday
Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up

Plucky, I think you have a pretty good idea just how picky I am; not shying away from making criticism; and, how I've never been able to see something that I liked more than sageMC categories/genre in sageTV 7's STV.

All I have to say is, you guys somehow managed to make catagories/Genres to look so so nice, it's impossible for me to say anything other than you guys outdid anything I have ever seen before on sageTV for categories. Holy cow! Thank you so much for all your (and the rest of the team's) hard work. I really appreciate it.

Quote:

***RIP SageTV***
Closed Thread