SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

HD300 crashes hard when playing a certain blu ray rip

I have two HD200s and a new HD300. I have the latest firmware on the 300, and I've tried it with the last three firmware releases, with the same result.

The movie in question is Die Hard 2, from the 4 disc set. (I know, no critiques necessary...it was cheap.) The crash happens in exactly the same place, every time, just about a minute into the movie. When it hits that point, the HD300 shuts itself off completely, with no errors or other warning. If I just turn it back on with the remote, it seems to start up just fine, but it won't play any video, no matter what the format. I have to unplug it from the wall to get it to work again.

The same video plays just fine on the HD200s, running a much older firmware version. I haven't tried it with any of the new versions, because my HD200s work perfectly and I don't want to mess up a good thing.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:10 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't think you'll find many here with the Die Hard BluRay set, we have better taste (j/k, I actually have them all on DVD even the terrible #4).

I think you should probably submit this to Sage for them to review. You could try re-ripping and seeing if maybe there was some lost data there that maybe the HD200 was able to skip over but the HD300 just doesn't like. Most likely though, it is probably something the disc (or in this case the rip) does that the HD300 just doesn't like and Sage just needs to add something into the firmware to handle that oddity.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 10-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Actually if you look back at this posting I described this issue several months back:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49159

In my case the movie crashed hard when Willis is outside the airport terminal in the begining few minutes of the movie. Since this time I have seen similar issues with other Blue Ray Disks but the issue is usually very repeatable at a specific point in any specific title.

Would be nice to see a solution.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:23 PM

Thumbs up Should be fixed now

They fixed this in the 20101209-0 beta firmware for the HD300 extender. To get it, boot into the extender in standalone mode, go to Settings, System Update, type 2382 (numeric equivalent of BETA) and it should now say "Update Beta Firmware", and Check for Updates to get the latest.