SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 PM

When watching live TV, after a few minutes, the screen changes back to Home screen

Hey all,

I love SageTV but I have a slightly annoying problem...when watching live TV on the client app or the main server app, after a few minutes it jumps back to the Home screen. The live TV is still being recorded, and I have to click on live TV again every time to keep watching. This will repeat itself in a few more minutes. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

We're gonna need some system specs, how you are capturing live video, etc.... This is certainly not a normal error we see. Could it be a bad video capture and/or a bad recording drive?
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 10-13-2010, 04:18 PM

Oops, sorry for the lack of details. I'm using an ATI TV Wonder 650, with my DirecTV box connected to the S-video of this card. I also have an antenna connected to the card also. If I recall (I'm not home at the moment but will try again later tonight), when watching channels from the antenna, this home screen problem doesn't happen, it only happens to the S-Video satellite channels. It shouldn't be an issue with the hard drive. I'll add more details about the video playback settings when I get home.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like something is triggering the 'HOME' command for some reason. Try setting sage to play video in the background (Under Video Menu options), and see if the video actually stops playing when the home screen pops up. If it does, that would semi confirm where the problem is coming from.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Administrator

I think I remember hearing about Home being erroneously sent when certain wireless keyboards/mice are in use.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:42 AM

Thanks for the replies all. I had the setting for the remotes in Sage set to MCE Remote, and the Home button seemed to be triggered because of this. I was experimenting with an MCE Remote previously but even with the remote receiver unplugged, the problem was still happening. I am also using a wireless keyboard/mouse, so I do have another usb receiver plugged in. The good news for me is that I don't need to use the MCE remote anymore so I removed that setting in Sage and the problem is now gone...