SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

More images have been added to the first post and wiki. I pretty much have all the navigation handled. So the next big step is to parse the incoming data, put it in a database (core data) and fill the various lists from it.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
More images have been added to the first post and wiki. I pretty much have all the navigation handled. So the next big step is to parse the incoming data, put it in a database (core data) and fill the various lists from it.
Your Wiki link in the first post appears to point to the wrong site... currently pointing to: http://www.idev101.com/code/User_Interface/sizes.html
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 10-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Your Wiki link in the first post appears to point to the wrong site...
Thanks for pointing that out, not sure how that happened. You can try it now.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 10-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

My preferred option for the video streaming, is to off load the work to a dedicated application like Air Video or ZumoCast. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, neither provides the necessary hook for that (i.e. Implementing a Custom URL Scheme).

I haven't been able to find any contact details for Air Video yet (anyone else found an email?), but I did inquire with ZumoCast. Now I assume that if enough new users were to install it through my referral link:

http://zumo.cc/cr/dir/DfDNzlmNG

that might give more weight to my inquiry... And yes, I do get a free premium account if enough people use the referral.

ZumoCast is a relatively new product, so still a bit buggy and with some buffering issues, but some tests over wifi and 3G looked good. Should they release an Android version, I would probably offer it as a choice for taSageTV too.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I haven't been able to find any contact details for Air Video yet (anyone else found an email?),
There's a contact us email address (inmethod@inmethod.com) at the bottom of their homepage: http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/index.html

I also have found them very responsive via their forums.
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 10-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
There's a contact us email address (inmethod@inmethod.com) at the bottom of their homepage
Hmm, I assumed that was the web master's email, but I was probably wrong, thanks!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
What about using vlc?
Old 10-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
What about using vlc?
Yes, that's what I do on the Android side, I just haven't tried to open up a rtsp link on my iPod to see if it gets handled natively or if I would need to hunt down some media player...
Old 10-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Yes, that's what I do on the Android side, I just haven't tried to open up a rtsp link on my iPod to see if it gets handled natively or if I would need to hunt down some media player...
Ahh, I meant the app for iPhone. I am not sure of all of it's features.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Ahh, I meant the app for iPhone. I am not sure of all of it's features.
Oh I see. Well, that's assuming it doesn't get pulled from the app store... But yes, that seems like another good candidate too.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

So Air Video have responded that there's no support for launching a stream from another app, but that they'll think about it...
Old 11-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Sage Icon

So we are still waiting on the Apple iOS developer license to be able to start testing on some real devices. The process probably got delayed by a full week as no one at Apple knew how to print from an email or something, and instead insisted on receiving things by Fax...

The interaction with the SageTV UI/extender is pretty much done. There is a "Now playing" tab and a working Remote control.

It is possible to display the main lists: Favorites, Upcoming recordings, Recorded shows, Albums, Photos, Songs, Videos and System messages. It is possible to pick a channel on the first lineup and get the list of TV shows/movies for the next 1-14 day(s).

Next steps

- Display detailed information about one item from a list.
- Interact with those items (play, delete, record, etc.).
- Add support for iPhone 4 and iPad resolutions.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Sage Icon

Fonceur,
I've just recently started thinking about a small-scale home audio system, and I saw yuor link to this in the "whole home audio" thread. With the system that I have in mind, the ideal use for this app (on our iPod touch) would be if I could control my HD300 that is in the family room. This extender will be feeding an input to the distribution amp for the audio.

I had been looking at the Sonos ZonePlayer 90, and I was going to run it into the amp, and then have the HD300 audio as an "aux" input that I could switch to, for audio broadcast throughout the house of TV only (what was on the HD300). But then I realized that, if I could control the HD300 remotely, via wifi (iPod touch), it would basically have all of the audio that I would be wanting from the Sonos player anyway (my home collection, Pandora).

So basically I would only want an app for an iPod touch that can control my family room HD300, specifically the music browser portion (though it would be cool to be able to use the iPod as a family room Sage remote control, if my daughter had hidden the remote or something).

I read through your wiki and it sounds like it already works for that?

P.S. Considering a Sonos ZP90 costs $350 and your app will cost $30, guess who would win?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I read through your wiki and it sounds like it already works for that?
While it is not currently implemented, that is part of the second point in the "next step" section. The app will have similar features to the Android app, and one of the first feedback I got from the Android version was someone saying how he liked being in his backyard and basically doing what you mentioned with the outside speakers.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Sage Icon

Fonceur, I hope Jreichen's update of the Mobile Web Interface with streaming support isn't discouraging you from continue developement of tiSageTV. Although it works well and Jreichen did a great job, I would still like to see a polished native iOS app for SageTV.

I think we will have to wait and see how well it works to judge whether it's worth the price or not.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
Fonceur, I hope Jreichen's update of the Mobile Web Interface with streaming support isn't discouraging you from continue developement of tiSageTV.
Of course not! I wasn't planning on writing the streaming code myself, so it's great that we don't have to mess with VLC and another third party app on the iOS platform.

Quote:
I think we will have to wait and see how well it works to judge whether it's worth the price or not.
Actually, we got the Apple developer licensing tonight, so I have it installed and working on my iPod... The verbose logging seems to be killing the download speed, but that's easy enough to remove from the release version. Having issue to install it on someone's else iPhone, but that should be easy to address too.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Sage User

Count me in on the beta I am very interested in testing this. I sent you an email with my UDID. Let me know what the status is.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten View Post
Count me in on the beta I am very interested in testing this. I sent you an email with my UDID. Let me know what the status is.
Check your spam filter, as the beta testers received the info 2 weeks ago, not that any have given much feedback, but... Or resend again if you can't find my reply.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

I will also gladly test this application :-)
Old 12-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

I've tried to contact all the beta testers to try out .39, but in case I missed anyone (like the ones who haven't provided any feedback... )...

- Currently the app has over 90% of the planned functionality.

- The UI update (with optimization for retina display and iPad) has been delayed, since the person who volunteered for that got busy with other stuff, but hopefully it will get done.

- Managing big lists and their updates is still a bit problematic, leading to unresponsive UI (i.e. looking at a list while it updates, forces a lot of refreshes/reordering...).

- Since full size images are sent from the server, it is a bit inefficient/slow, but hopefully some rescaling will happen on the server side at some point.

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod