SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugin: OSD Enhancements

Version 1.4 - fixed issue with Play not working during a fast forward operation.

I have been using this for quite awhile and thought I should share it incase anyone else wanted these simple changes.

Various enhancements for the OSD.
- Adds the amount of time remaining to the OSD. The display will then indicate the time that has already played as well as the amount of time remaining to play.
- Enables a toggle effect with the play button, so pressing play when the OSD is displayed will remove the OSD from the display.

Let me know if there are any issues. I use it with the Diamond theme/plugin without issues (the screenshot below is with the Diamond plugin enabled).

Time remaining screenshot

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 02-13-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Sage User

I've got a little problem with this one. I have plenty of room on either side, but my display shows as below. Kinda defeats the purpose.

0:08:51|0:1...
Sylvania 6842PF 42" HD Plasma connected to STV via S-Video
Old 01-18-2011, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
I've got a little problem with this one. I have plenty of room on either side, but my display shows as below. Kinda defeats the purpose.

0:08:51|0:1...
This has been fixed.... I didn't know anyone else was using this so I hadn't updated it for awhile and found a few small issues against the newer STV release so I fixed those too (users likely would not have seen the issues but the code is cleaner).

k
Old 01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Sage User

Kudos! Quick fix, and yes, it fixed the display. Thank you very much.

To you all all that spend your time writing and debugging, today's programming is way beyond me, but from someone that used to run a BBS in the early 80's (C-Net on the Commodore 64, 128, and then Amiga) and used to modify the basic code, I have an understanding, and thank you all for what you have done, and what you will do for the rest of us.
Sylvania 6842PF 42" HD Plasma connected to STV via S-Video
Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

With the current version of diamond I was experiencing an issue where if you start fastforwarding or rewinding live tv and then try to press the play button to start playback again, nothing will happen except bring up the osd. The only way to start playback again is to press pause and then play.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
With the current version of diamond I was experiencing an issue where if you start fastforwarding or rewinding live tv and then try to press the play button to start playback again, nothing will happen except bring up the osd. The only way to start playback again is to press pause and then play.
I am out of town for a few days so I can't check this out right now but I will when I get back.

Did you disable this plugin and check if that fixes this issue?

I use Diamond and this plugin all the time but not sure if I have noticed this with live TV (I watch mostly recordings).

k
Old 02-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I am out of town for a few days so I can't check this out right now but I will when I get back.

Did you disable this plugin and check if that fixes this issue?

I use Diamond and this plugin all the time but not sure if I have noticed this with live TV (I watch mostly recordings).

k
Yes, I had to disable the plugin to get the play button to work as normal when fast fowarding or rewinding..
Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
Yes, I had to disable the plugin to get the play button to work as normal when fast fowarding or rewinding..
This has been fixed in the latest version. Let me know how it works for you.

k
Old 02-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Sage User

Cannot download this plugin

I'm seeing a FAILED - Resource Download for this plugin. The download is a Dropbox link. Is it still available?

Thanks

Mark
Old 02-25-2018, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhittaker1024 View Post
I'm seeing a FAILED - Resource Download for this plugin. The download is a Dropbox link. Is it still available?

Thanks

Mark
I did not realize this was still in use. i will move and update it soon as i find a few minutes

k
Old 03-08-2018, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhittaker1024 View Post

Thanks

Mark
This has been migrated to a new home and available - no other changes.

k