SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Sage User

Recommended approach for Movies & TV Shows with SMM

I've dug around the SMM forum but haven't found a best approach people are recommending for users who want SMM for movies but also have hundreds of tv episodes, sorted by show/season. (I happen to have both AVI and MKV formats).

If people have recommendations on plugins, folder organization, etc that works best ... I'd really appreciate it.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:03 AM
SageTVaholic

SMM doesn't currently work with individual tv rips yet that feature is coming soon...

So for now recommended to just use it for movies.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Sage User

Is there a way to use SMM for movies and something else in parallel for other imported content such as tv episodes?

i.e. a separate import folder or somehow integrate the episodes as sage recordings?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm putting all my TV stuff in with SageMyMovies. The one difference for me is that I have a bunch of DVDs of complete seasons with each DVD having a handful of episodes. I don't see why this wouldn't work for you if you just put each of your episodes in its own folder. Then, use the multi-disc approach to put them all under a single DVD cover and drill down to your individual episodes... most TV series seem to have DVDs which can be purchased so MyMovies likely even has the covers and fanart. You can further separate your TV rips by putting them in a separate import folder from your movies (that's what I do). This allows you to use SageMyMovies folder view and see all your TV shows at a glance. Not only would this work for SageMyMovies but also works for the base Sage installation using Sage's folder view.

This isn't 100% correct for SageMyMovies (individual TV shows aren't seen automatically) but with a little manual entry in MyMovies/Collection Manager I think you could nicely integrate it into SageMyMovies which would be better than a totally separate solution IMO.

Keep in mind, I really don't know what I'm doing either but the above is how I would see it working for ya. LOL
Old 11-07-2010, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

The native tv support is going to be worlds better just fyi.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Thank you for everything you're doing Plucky. Quite honestly, without your plugins, I wouldn't own or use SageTV. It's really that simple.

After falling victim to the failed API issue, I just updated every piece of my Sage puzzle tonight -- MM for WHS, MM Collection Management client, Sage Server software, HD300 firmware, SMM Plugin -- and all is working again! YES!

So, I'm -REALLY- looking forward to the final piece of this puzzle. That is, my hundreds of sorted TV series episodes that currently get no love at all in the default Sage environment.

Could you perhaps narrow it down to just the quarter that it might finally come to fruition? (Q4 2010, Q1 2011, etc)

I'm dying to see this last piece fall into place...
Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Sounds like it is going to be pretty darn sweet
Old 11-07-2010, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse View Post
nal piece of this puzzle. That is, my hundreds of sorted TV series episodes that currently get no love at all in the default Sage environment.

Could you perhaps narrow it down to just the quarter that it might finally come to fruition? (Q4 2010, Q1 2011, etc)

I'm dying to see this last piece fall into place...
Not really up to me so can't really say. MyMovies needs to implement it first and I know they are working hard on it. It is a big undertaking.