SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

output Placeshifter from Dell at 1280x720 HDMI problem

I'm trying to output via HDMI from my Dell XPS 1330 using Placeshifter to a 720p HDTV.
Placeshifter feed looks great on the Dell, but outputs a black screen on the HDTV.
Audio from Placeshifter sounds great - just no video.
I've confirmed that the resolution is 1280 x 720 on the laptop, and that dual-screens are operating in the nvidia screen app.
Windows Media Player outputs video I've recorded in Sage directly to the HDTV screen via HDMI great - just not via Placeshifter app.
Any idea where the disconnect may lie?
Could it be an HDMI cable problem, or am I missing a step in setting up Sage-Placeshifter to output via HDMI to an HDTV TV.
thanks

PS - I didn't put this in the Placeshifter forum because I am not convinced it's a Placeshifter problem

happy turkey day
Old 11-25-2010, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like an Overlay issue, which some video processors don't support on 'secondary' displays. Try, in Placeshifter's settings (button at the bottom of the Servers Manager screen), enabling 3D Acceleration. This will force it to not use overlay mode for playback.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-26-2010, 08:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Sounds like an Overlay issue, which some video processors don't support on 'secondary' displays. Try, in Placeshifter's settings (button at the bottom of the Servers Manager screen), enabling 3D Acceleration. This will force it to not use overlay mode for playback.
thanks, I'll try that when I get back in front of my server (off in the mountains at the moment).

funny thing is that the Sage 7 menu structure, including ALL graphics displays, show up perfectly via the HDMI to NTSC output from Placeshifter - it's just when I start up video (photos play fine in the raster) that nothing but black displays on the NTSC TV.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that's most definitely the Overlay issue - which is only used for the video, not the UI.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room