SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Sage User

No Servers Manager when Placeshifter is launched

When I run Placeshifter, there is a very short hourglass on the cursor, and the SageTVPlaceshifter.exe shows in the Task Manager Process Tab. However, the SageTV Placeshifter Servers Manager doesn't seem to launch. The Servers Manager window never opens, and the application does not appear in the Task Manager. I have successfully installed and run Placeshifter on another machine.

I reviewed the forums and could not find an answer to this. Has anyone seen this or have an idea to what the issue may be? I have re-installed the application twice.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Sage Expert

I've had placeshifter go wonky in the past and found uninstalling it, deleting %USERPROFILE%\.sagetv, uninstalling Java, reinstalling Java, then reinstalling Placeshifter has seemed to straighten it out. Throw a reboot in there at the end for good measure and that should take care of you.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Sage User

Thanks Spectrum, I followed your directions and now I'm up and running.