SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Sage User

BMT Naming convention...

Ok guys I am coming from YAMJ and NMT's so bare with me I'm very new at this and trying to get the front end straightened out before I order a SageTV HD300.

I currently have a central file server (Windows 2003 R2) that I have all my media on (10.5TB raid5 array). I have had it this way for a few years and do not want to rename anything if I don't absolutely have to.

My TV Shows are labeled with the standard naming convention of show.name.S##E##.episode.name.source.mkv.

My movies are also standard with the naming convention of movie.name.year.resolution.source.audiocodec.mkv. For instance this is 2 fast 2 furious, the [SET] is in there to make it part of a box set in YAMJ, I can always take those out with a bulk rename tool if need be.
Code:
2 Fast 2 Furious.2003.1080p.BluRay.DTS.[SET The Fast and the Furious-2].mkv
So I setup BMT and everything went smoothly, using the web UI to try and get my content scarped and indexed. But a LOT of the movies and TV shows are not being detected properly. Am I doing something wrong? I walked through the entire guide (which is excellent BTW) and couldn't fine anything on this.

Last edited by Krazypoloc; 12-23-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazypoloc View Post
Ok guys I am coming from YAMJ and NMT's so bare with me I'm very new at this and trying to get the front end straightened out before I order a SageTV HD300.

I currently have a central file server (Windows 2003 R2) that I have all my media on (10.5TB raid5 array). I have had it this way for a few years and do not want to rename anything if I don't absolutely have to.

My TV Shows are labeled with the standard naming convention of show.name.S##E##.episode.name.source.mkv.

My movies are also standard with the naming convention of movie.name.year.resolution.source.audiocodec.mkv. For instance this is 2 fast 2 furious, the [SET] is in there to make it part of a box set in YAMJ, I can always take those out with a bulk rename tool if need be.
Code:
2 Fast 2 Furious.2003.1080p.BluRay.DTS.[SET The Fast and the Furious-2].mkv
So I setup BMT and everything went smoothly, using the web UI to try and get my content scarped and indexed. But a LOT of the movies and TV shows are not being detected properly. Am I doing something wrong? I walked through the entire guide (which is excellent BTW) and couldn't fine anything on this.
The TV stuff should be a no brainer... since bmt will find the S##E## and parse it out, and then take whatever is in front of that and use it as the series. If it can't find a match on the series as it, then it will scrub the series and remove any non alpha numeric characters, and try again. So, if you finding some shows not working, then post up some filenames, and I'll see why they are failing.

The movies is a little different. I only have a couple movie scrapers, and the base one is simply

Movie (Year) Any Other Information.ext

So if your movies are named
My.Movie.Year.Other.Information.ext

then bmt will struggle with that, mainly because it will exhaust the limited movie scrapers, and then it will simply scrub the file as is, and try to find a match. So all the extra information will simply be passed to the search provider, and it will puke.

Your best bet is to write a specific filename scraper that will look for your patterns
Title.Year.OtherInformation.

Basically yoully be trying to match on .Year.

The reason why I don't provide a such a scraper is that it get confusing when you are diealing with movies that have a year in the name.

Firebird.2015.AD.1981.mkv

The scraper would parse out
Title: Firebird
Year: 2015

which would be wrong. I suspect though, that would be small minority of mishits.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The TV stuff should be a no brainer... since bmt will find the S##E## and parse it out, and then take whatever is in front of that and use it as the series. If it can't find a match on the series as it, then it will scrub the series and remove any non alpha numeric characters, and try again. So, if you finding some shows not working, then post up some filenames, and I'll see why they are failing.

The movies is a little different. I only have a couple movie scrapers, and the base one is simply

Movie (Year) Any Other Information.ext

So if your movies are named
My.Movie.Year.Other.Information.ext

then bmt will struggle with that, mainly because it will exhaust the limited movie scrapers, and then it will simply scrub the file as is, and try to find a match. So all the extra information will simply be passed to the search provider, and it will puke.

Your best bet is to write a specific filename scraper that will look for your patterns
Title.Year.OtherInformation.

Basically yoully be trying to match on .Year.

The reason why I don't provide a such a scraper is that it get confusing when you are diealing with movies that have a year in the name.

Firebird.2015.AD.1981.mkv

The scraper would parse out
Title: Firebird
Year: 2015

which would be wrong. I suspect though, that would be small minority of mishits.
Thanks stuckless. Yeah that would be extremely rare to have a 4 digit number for the movie name.

I was going to try My Movies but after finding I need to have a folder for each movie......something that I don't want to do with almost 1000 movies.

Are you using Java for the codebase? If so you might want to have a look at YAMJ as their scraping system works amazingly well.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazypoloc View Post
Thanks stuckless. Yeah that would be extremely rare to have a 4 digit number for the movie name.

I was going to try My Movies but after finding I need to have a folder for each movie......something that I don't want to do with almost 1000 movies.

Are you using Java for the codebase? If so you might want to have a look at YAMJ as their scraping system works amazingly well.
I have looked at a number scrapers over the years... the issue is that when bmt was first created, many of these didn't exist, or they were immature. YAMJ uses regular expressions, much like all scrapers, do, it's just a matter of having the right combination of regular expressions. Like I said, BMT simply doesn't have the scraper to detect a movie based on having a year, other than than the year in a bracket.

I may consider adding a scraper that detects based on the year, but I'd pull it, if I kept getting too many false hits.