SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-25-2011, 05:09 AM

changing channels issue

purchased and installed the hauppauge hd pvr last week. downloaded and installed drivers found on manufacturer's site. i have everything attached to my 64bit windows 7 system and satellite receiver. blaster is attached to hauppauge and stuck to the front of my stb. blaster configured with my remote codes, little light blinks when i send test signals, stb changes channels during tests, all is well.

i was having all sorts of issues using windows media center i.e. "weak tv signal" etc...

decided to give sagetv the free test drive for the next few weeks. my problem is this... when i first boot into sagetv all is well. i can go and watch live tv, go back select a channel from my guide, the stb will tune into that channel and i can go back and forth with no problems. however, if i exit sage, go back to watching normal tv than come back to sage to try and record something, i can no longer switch channels. sage will tune in to the live channel i was watching but will not tune in to a channel if i select it from the guide. i have to reboot and start over to get everything working.
i was having similar problem with wmc

suggestions? would i be better off with usb uirt setup?

appreciate any help you can give.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Explain "if i exit sage, go back to watching normal tv than come back to sage to try and record something, i can no longer switch channels. sage will tune in to the live channel".

If you're running Sage TV and Windows Media Center on the same box you are probably have contention with the tuner/IR between the 2 programs. You should be running one or the other.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1533 View Post
however, if i exit sage, go back to watching normal tv than come back to sage to try and record something, i can no longer switch channels. ... i was having similar problem with wmc.
To me, it sounds like your remote control has been "captured" by other software, i.e., wmc remnants. The USB UIRT is much more reliable (as compared to the Hauppauge blaster); but you could have the same problem with it. You need to make sure that all components of wmc have been disabled -- there is lots of info on that subject if you do a search.

Also, it is not exactly clear what you mean by "watching normal tv". I do all tv and video watching through Sage and do not get out of it except for system upgrades, video file transfers and similar maintenance activities. One last suggestion: you really need to provide more info about your setup (e.g., do your use a server/client setup/ what remote? other tuners? other uses of your Sage computer? etc.).
Old 02-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
If you're running Sage TV and Windows Media Center on the same box you are probably have contention with the tuner/IR between the 2 programs. You should be running one or the other.

Gerry
Looks like I'm a little slow at hiting the reply button.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:34 PM

thanks for the replies

just to elaborate ... yes i do have both wmc and sage running at the same time.
so i guess step 1 will be to disable wmc give that a try

by "watching normal tv" i mean just exiting sagetv without shutting down my htpc and returning to my normal viewing / channel surfing without the functions of sagetv

i only have that hauppauge hd pvr connected to my htpc which is connected to a denon receiver, i use xbmc extensively to watch my movies and other media. harmony for a remote. i need to be able to exit sage and still be able to record, so i did enable the sagetv service.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1533 View Post
purchased and installed the hauppauge hd pvr last week. downloaded and installed drivers found on manufacturer's site. i have everything attached to my 64bit windows 7 system and satellite receiver. blaster is attached to hauppauge and stuck to the front of my stb. blaster configured with my remote codes, little light blinks when i send test signals, stb changes channels during tests, all is well.

i was having all sorts of issues using windows media center i.e. "weak tv signal" etc...

decided to give sagetv the free test drive for the next few weeks. my problem is this... when i first boot into sagetv all is well. i can go and watch live tv, go back select a channel from my guide, the stb will tune into that channel and i can go back and forth with no problems. however, if i exit sage, go back to watching normal tv than come back to sage to try and record something, i can no longer switch channels. sage will tune in to the live channel i was watching but will not tune in to a channel if i select it from the guide. i have to reboot and start over to get everything working.
i was having similar problem with wmc

suggestions? would i be better off with usb uirt setup?

appreciate any help you can give.
Mine sometimes does that, although I'm not using is as a server. But, if I leave it for awhile and come back it sometimes won't change channels anymore. I'm not yet sure why. But I ordered a USB-UIRT. I think the Hauppauge Blaster IR is junk. You can't program your remote control with the Blaster IR or use it to keep your satellite box awake either.