SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

All of a sudden, it is working!

I was going to up the Java Heap size this morning to see if that did anything, but, first, I decided to upgrade the firmware in my HD-300 to the beta firmware (I had been running just the official firmware). After I updated that I then deleted the Diamond cache and went into Diamond Cover Flow and now all the poster art is showing up for the 5 movies that werent.

I don't know what exactly did it. Before I went to bed last night I also saw there was a Phoenix update and I did that as well.

Perhaps a combination of the three? I never increased the heap as it is working now.

Edit:
Well there still seems to be some problems. If I change the cover art of a movie inside of BMT, the changes will not be reflected inside of Diamond Cover Flow view. So, inside of BMT, I have one picture of the cover art of said movie (the one I want) but inside of Diamond I have another...

Last edited by Biggen; 03-08-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggen View Post
All of a sudden, it is working!

I was going to up the Java Heap size this morning to see if that did anything, but, first, I decided to upgrade the firmware in my HD-300 to the beta firmware (I had been running just the official firmware). After I updated that I then deleted the Diamond cache and went into Diamond Cover Flow and now all the poster art is showing up for the 5 movies that werent.

I don't know what exactly did it. Before I went to bed last night I also saw there was a Phoenix update and I did that as well.

Perhaps a combination of the three? I never increased the heap as it is working now.

Edit:
Well there still seems to be some problems. If I change the cover art of a movie inside of BMT, the changes will not be reflected inside of Diamond Cover Flow view. So, inside of BMT, I have one picture of the cover art of said movie (the one I want) but inside of Diamond I have another...
When you set a default poster inside bmt it set a field that is used by the phoenix api to resolve the default poster that you set. This default poster is stored against the media file itself (in the custom metadata fields). I'm not sure if diamond uses the phoenix apis to resolve fanart, but if not, then there's a good chance it is not picking the default that you set. Also, diamond would need to pass in the media file object to the phoenix apis in order for it to pick the default (since it is stored against the mediafile).
Old 03-08-2011, 10:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
When you set a default poster inside bmt it set a field that is used by the phoenix api to resolve the default poster that you set. This default poster is stored against the media file itself (in the custom metadata fields). I'm not sure if diamond uses the phoenix apis to resolve fanart, but if not, then there's a good chance it is not picking the default that you set. Also, diamond would need to pass in the media file object to the phoenix apis in order for it to pick the default (since it is stored against the mediafile).
Yeah we do all that but as mentioned before you must clear the diamond cache when changing fanart.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Oooohh. Well if that is the case, what is Diamond using to tell it what poster art to use? I assume it is Phoenix.

Secondly, changing the rating/runtime/genre inside of BMT will only SOMETIMES show up immediately inside of Diamond. For example, I can change (inside of BMT) those fields in the metadata for a particular movie and they will be reflected inside of Diamond as soon as I move the cursor away and back to the movie I made the changes to. But on some movies, that same information will never show the change inside of Diamond. I have several movies that still show incorrect information even though I made and saved the change inside of BMT.

Something isn't playing nice together...

And I hate that I hand a hand in hi-jacking this thread. The guide was a great help to me. Explained quite a bit of stuff that I would have had to spent hours reading here for.

Last edited by Biggen; 03-08-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Yeah we do all that but as mentioned before you must clear the diamond cache when changing fanart.
Plucky,

Deleting the cache doesn't seem to always work. I can make those changes, delete the cache, and then power off the HD-300 and turn it back on and nothing has changed in the fanart. Still shows the incorrect pictures.

/shrugs
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oooohh. Well if that is the case, what is Diamond using to tell it what poster art to use? I assume it is Phoenix.

Secondly, changing the rating/runtime/genre inside of BMT will only SOMETIMES show up immediately inside of Diamond. For example, I can change (inside of BMT) those fields in the metadata for a particular movie and they will be reflected inside of Diamond as soon as I move the cursor away and back to the movie I made the changes to. But on some movies, that same information will never show the change inside of Diamond. I have several movies that still show incorrect information even though I made and saved the change inside of BMT.

Something isn't playing nice together...

And I hate that I hand a hand in hi-jacking this thread. The guide was a great help to me. Explained quite a bit of stuff that I would have had to spent hours reading here for.
It uses phoenix if you aren't using poster overrides in the diamond detailed settings yes and as explained in the wiki and FAQ you must clear the cache for the item you changed or clear it all once you cache it it is cached in diamond until you clear it regardless of what you do in BMT.

Also the other info is all pulled from the sagetv database and has nothing to do with diamond vs bmt. So it would be a bmt issue if it isn't getting written to the sagedb or you are not saving your changes when editing. Some changes won't be instant because of sagecache some things as well on it's own.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

So I decided to test out Diamond on my WHS/HD300 setup. I didn't get a chance to test on the HD300, but I remoted in to my WHS and ran SageTV from there. On the movies side all covers and art are showing (I have diamond pointing to folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg) so that looks good. However, none of my archived TV shows are showing (i confirmed in the filters that archived are enabled). Will need to dig a little further in to

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 03-08-2011, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
So I decided to test out Diamond on my WHS/HD300 setup. I didn't get a chance to test on the HD300, but I remoted in to my WHS and ran SageTV from there. On the movies side all covers and art are showing (I have diamond pointing to folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg) so that looks good. However, none of my archived TV shows are showing (i confirmed in the filters that archived are enabled). Will need to dig a little further in to
You need to make sure importedtv is enabled if you aren't importing them as tv in BMT (which I recommend not) then you need to turn on the imported tv filter
Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You need to make sure importedtv is enabled if you aren't importing them as tv in BMT (which I recommend not) then you need to turn on the imported tv filter
Yeah, I need to check that. Since I have two separate instances of SageTV/BMT running gotta see if I crossed wires somewhere.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yup, that did the trick, forgot to enable importedtv. Now everything shows, no banner art showing but gotta refresh the cache

Old 03-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, those 4 or 5 movies that had no poster art yesterday and then did have folder art this morning, now are back to no poster art as now.

I don't know what to make of it. I have the latest beta of SageTV, latest beta firmware of the HD300, latest BMT/Phoenix/Diamond versions and increased Java Heap to 1GB. BMT shows the poster are inside of BMT, yet it doesn't always make it back to Diamond.

I don't know if its a Phoenix issue or a Diamond issue but something isn't playing nice with the other. Screen shots below show what I am talking about. Is this something that needs to be bugged on the code site?

The above image shows the 3 missing poster art images for the movies.

This image shows the missing posterart for "Dodgeball". Notice that the background and metadata is all there and that is all coming in from BMT.

Lastly, notice here is a screen shot of BMT running on the server. See how poster art for "Dodgeball" shows up in BMT? Yet, it doesn't always make it back to Diamond, and when it does, it isn't always the poster art image I want it to be when I set the poster art image default.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, those 4 or 5 movies that had no poster art yesterday and then did have folder art this morning, now are back to no poster art as now.

I don't know what to make of it. I have the latest beta of SageTV, latest beta firmware of the HD300, latest BMT/Phoenix/Diamond versions and increased Java Heap to 1GB. BMT shows the poster are inside of BMT, yet it doesn't always make it back to Diamond.

I don't know if its a Phoenix issue or a Diamond issue but something isn't playing nice with the other. Screen shots below show what I am talking about. Is this something that needs to be bugged on the code site?

The above image shows the 3 missing poster art images for the movies.

This image shows the missing posterart for "Dodgeball". Notice that the background and metadata is all there and that is all coming in from BMT.

Lastly, notice here is a screen shot of BMT running on the server. See how poster art for "Dodgeball" shows up in BMT? Yet, it doesn't always make it back to Diamond, and when it does, it isn't always the poster art image I want it to be when I set the poster art image default.
I think your biggest issue is you don't understand how it all works. Again you have to clear the diamond cache of the object you are changing fanart on and sometimes that also requires a restart of sagetv UI to get the image cleared from cache. You are expecting things to be "Instant" and it doesn't really work like that and never really will.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I think your biggest issue is you don't understand how it all works. Again you have to clear the diamond cache of the object you are changing fanart on and sometimes that also requires a restart of sagetv UI to get the image cleared from cache. You are expecting things to be "Instant" and it doesn't really work like that and never really will.
How does that explain images disapearing and then magically "reappearing" from the movie list with no changes on my end.

With all due respect Plucky, I have cleared the cache/restarted the server/restarted the HD-300's/stopped the SageTV service and restarted it numerous times. I'm no software engineer (I'm a network engineer in fact) but I would think I should be able to get fanart working on a regular basis especially since I haven't made any changes from when it was working to when it wasn't...
Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How does that explain images disapearing and then magically "reappearing" from the movie list with no changes on my end.

With all due respect Plucky, I have cleared the cache/restarted the server/restarted the HD-300's/stopped the SageTV service and restarted it numerous times. I'm no software engineer (I'm a network engineer in fact) but I would think I should be able to get fanart working on a regular basis especially since I haven't made any changes from when it was working to when it wasn't...
With all due respect reappearing and dissapearing fanart is an issue that has been acknowldeged you are talking a different issue now

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54451

search helps.

not to be rude it just gets tiresome that people can't do a simple search or look through the threads we do this stuff for free and having to repeat things serveral times wears one out really quick.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
With all due respect reappearing and dissapearing fanart is an issue that has been acknowldeged you are talking a different issue now

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54451

search helps.

not to be rude it just gets tiresome that people can't do a simple search or look through the threads we do this stuff for free and having to repeat things serveral times wears one out really quick.

So there are two different issues at least: Disappearing fan art within the different movie views AND "slow to show" poster art within the movie views even after clearing the cache, upping the Java Heap, restarting the UI/SageTV service?

I posted in that thread you linked to earlier by the way. I was under the assumption that my problems were seperate from the op in that thread as you had told me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD
Bigger your issue is different.
But I think it was just a misunderstand on my part and I'm glad to know now that it the disapearing part is tied to a bug that you already know about.

BTW, what is the easiest way to grab you a log file that you are in need of from the other thread?

Last edited by Biggen; 03-08-2011 at 05:52 PM.