SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Sage Expert

Missing Posters in Movie Wall

I have some movies that are being really freaking stubborn and not showing their posters when bringing up the wall.

If I change sage from window->fullscreen or fullscreen->window the posters show up and will remain for the remainder of the session. Also the posters will show up one by one as they are highlighted. If I close the client (or Placeshifter) session then re-open it, the posters are gone again.

I have tried clearing the diamond cache for a few of those specific movies. I've tried clearing the diamond cache completely. Results are still the same. I've looked at the offenders in BMT and everything looks kosher. The files are a mix from imports and recordings, not a single source/location.

Is this something you guys have seen before? If not, I'll bug it on the google code sight, just wanted to check before I started filing bug reports willy-nilly

And great job on the new version
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missing.jpg (132.4 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg nomissing.jpg (175.4 KB, 306 views)
File Type: png missingt.png (379.9 KB, 591 views)
File Type: png nomissingt.png (472.3 KB, 570 views)
Old 03-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I, too, and having this exact same problem. Out of 115 movies, I have 5 that will not show poster art. What is crazy is that meta data works AND I have fan art showing for these movies when I move the cursor to them. But damned if I can't get the posters to show no matter what I try.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Bigger your issue is different.

The above issue I have seen only when sagetv is running out of memory either in the heap or your video card.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Also If this is placeshifter that could be issue too. Placeshifter doesn't handle fanart in masses like the wall very well and the wall isn't meant for placeshift but is definately a memory issue.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

I have seen the same issue (as Spectrum) with the HD300. I will try increasing the Java heap size.

Another issue I noticed is the titles will physically switch positions when I'm scrolling left/right (will be displayed in a different column and/or row). Also if I have three or less columns of movies I can't seem to scroll to the column on the far left.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Another issue I noticed is the titles will physically switch positions when I'm scrolling left/right (will be displayed in a different column and/or row). Also if I have three or less columns of movies I can't seem to scroll to the column on the far left.
Yeah, Movie Wall doesn't perform very well if you don't have enough content to fill it out. Aside from showing a pop-up warning letting people know they should use another view theres nothing that can be done about that.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-07-2011, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I have seen the same issue (as Spectrum) with the HD300. I will try increasing the Java heap size.

That is actually native sagetv core behavior it moves and wraps things when you get to the end to fill it out. I bypassed this in smm with allot of custom code and I don't really feel like doing it again but may change my mind as I hate how the default wraps tables like that moving things around.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Bigger your issue is different.

The above issue I have seen only when sagetv is running out of memory either in the heap or your video card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Also If this is placeshifter that could be issue too. Placeshifter doesn't handle fanart in masses like the wall very well and the wall isn't meant for placeshift but is definately a memory issue.
Happens on client, placeshifter (LAN connection), and on HD300; all with the same set of movies. I really don't care about placeshifter for this, really only client and HD300 Placeshifter is just more convenient to test with from my main box.

Currently heap is 351/704/779 (set to 0x300 in registry) and video for local client has 1/2 gig of RAM so I doubt it's video card memory although video memory shouldn't play a part on the HD300 should it?

Boosting heap to 1024 didn't make a difference and things actually seemed more slugish.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
Happens on client, placeshifter (LAN connection), and on HD300; all with the same set of movies. I really don't care about placeshifter for this, really only client and HD300 Placeshifter is just more convenient to test with from my main box.

Currently heap is 351/704/779 (set to 0x300 in registry) and video for local client has 1/2 gig of RAM so I doubt it's video card memory although video memory shouldn't play a part on the HD300 should it?

Boosting heap to 1024 didn't make a difference and things actually seemed more slugish.
I wad able to reproduce on my extender last night. I might be blowing the cache on it. I shouldn't be I am going to try something in the next build let me know if this issue exist after the next build. Also if you could grab a log when this happens it would help me as well. The server log if it is extended Abd client log for the client and let me know what time it happened.

Also what are your cache settings in the sagetv properties file that can make it dump images as well way before the heap is full.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

anyone having the dissapearing posters act got a log? I think I have it fixed but need to see a log.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Sage Expert

Sorry Plucky, unexpected trip out of town. I'll try to grab a log of this tonight if no one else has gotten you one.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Sage Expert

Logs

OK I turned on logging earlier and finally got around to reproducing this as best as I could. I can get it to happen on HD300 and Placeshifter, but not on client anymore

Hopefully the server logs will show you something useful. I'm including a client log in case it sheds any light on the situation, but the issue does not happen in client now.

For the logs:
happened ~1838 in Placeshifter
cleared diamond cache on client ~ 1842
cleared diamond cache on HD300 ~1844
restarted HD300
happened ~1846 on HD300

Logs too big to attach, 750k limit on zip files, really?
Download logs