SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Home Videos support added

The latest release of phoenix (2.3.22) adds home videos support to phoenix and BMT. (An update to bmt is not required to enable this support) Support is as follows...

In Configuration -> Phoenix -> Home Videos, you can set one or more folders, separated by semi-colons, that are "home video" folders. If set, then phoenix will ignore those folders when processing automatic metadata/fanart requests, and those folders will be excluded from the Missing Metadata view. So, in essence, the Home Videos support works like the existing global exclude filter, except that it is NOT using a regular expression, but rather you give the specific folders that you want to use as home video folders.

In the Views, you'll see a new "Home Videos" view. If you have identified one or more Home Video folders, then all your home videos will show up in this new view.

And one last little piece of information. The Configuration -> Phoenix -> Home Videos configuration has a Category configuration as well. If you provide a category here, then any time a home video is added to your library, then the phoenix automatic scanning engine will add this category to the home video file. If you group by "Genre" or "Categories" then your home videos will show up under that category.

Good luck, and hopefully this little change will simplify the process of getting home videos out of the missing metadata view
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great improvement. Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Sage Icon

Thank you! This sounds perfect.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

One issue I'm seeing with this is that full clients aren't inheriting the server property for

Quote:
phoenix/homevideos/*
I had to go in and manually update the client's property file to point to my homevideos folder for it to work there.....

btl.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
One issue I'm seeing with this is that full clients aren't inheriting the server property for

I had to go in and manually update the client's property file to point to my homevideos folder for it to work there.....

btl.
This is one of those cases where being able to 'scope' the property in the configuration metadata would help
Old 03-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

I can't get the Home Video option to work. I entered directories as:

\\server\drive\directory and they do not show on the home video view.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post
I can't get the Home Video option to work. I entered directories as:

\\server\drive\directory and they do not show on the home video view.
That paths are case sensistive as well... so be sure it's exact when you enter it.

The easiest way to get the path would be to find the movie in bmt, and then look at what it shows as the "Location" in the metadata view, and use that base folder as the folder.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I love the idea of the home videos feature, but I am having an issue or two.

First a question on my server I have a home video folder and then under this folder I have a few movies and then subfolders that are dates with the raw video clips from my camcorder. If I add the \\tower\homevideo as the home video folder in bmt will it automatically include all of the subfolders?

I have added this \\tower\homevideos configuration in bmt however only 3 videos show up and when I do to missing metadata there are tons of video clips from all of the date subfolders. The clips are .mts or .mt2s files does that matter?

Any suggestions, thanks!
Old 03-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

So far, still nothing.

The path is the same as in the title location. I've even tried adding the final slash.

\\server\drive\directory and \\server\drive\directory\

Should import directories be re-scanned in between changes?
Sage or BMT restarted?

I'm pretty sure Sage has done a rescan and it was restarted with today's plugin update.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
I love the idea of the home videos feature, but I am having an issue or two.

First a question on my server I have a home video folder and then under this folder I have a few movies and then subfolders that are dates with the raw video clips from my camcorder. If I add the \\tower\homevideo as the home video folder in bmt will it automatically include all of the subfolders?
If you specify a partial path, then BMT will consider everything under that path to be a Home Video, so in your case everything under \\tower\homevideos will be Home Videos.

Quote:
I have added this \\tower\homevideos configuration in bmt however only 3 videos show up and when I do to missing metadata there are tons of video clips from all of the date subfolders. The clips are .mts or .mt2s files does that matter?
Instead of checking the Missing Metadata view (which should exclude the home videos) check the Home Videos view to see if all your files show up. And, your files in the view will not be grouped by folder, but rather just a single list of files.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Home Videos only has 3 movies...there are hundreds that are missing and they are all under missing metadata.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Home Videos only has 3 movies...there are hundreds that are missing and they are all under missing metadata.
In the next build I'm going to make the path check case insensistive... i'm wondoering if this is what is causing some of the issues for some people. It passes all tests on my setup, but I'm not windows...and I don't use shares.

Can you post the exact value that you put into your Home Videos path, and navigate to a home video (using the Sage Video Imports (combined) View) and click on a file that does not show in the Home Video folder, but should, and copy and paste what it shows as the Location (near the bottom of the screen).

Thanks,
Sean.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here is the configuration path:

\\TOWER\Offline\HomeVideos

Here is a file from the Sage Video Imports (combined) that did not get scanned correctly:

\\Tower\offline\HomeVideos\2010-11-19\00000.MTS

Coincidently here is one of the three files that did get scanned correctly from the same folder:

\\TOWER\Offline\HomeVideos\2010-11-19\bobby thanksgiving.m2ts

Let me know if you need anything else.

Dan
Old 03-14-2011, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here is the configuration path:

\\TOWER\Offline\HomeVideos

Here is a file from the Sage Video Imports (combined) that did not get scanned correctly:

\\Tower\offline\HomeVideos\2010-11-19\00000.MTS

Coincidently here is one of the three files that did get scanned correctly from the same folder:

\\TOWER\Offline\HomeVideos\2010-11-19\bobby thanksgiving.m2ts

Let me know if you need anything else.

Dan
Thanks, I'll make a note to check this out. BTW, does sagetv see your MTS files? (ie do they show up in the videos section of sagetv?)
Old 03-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Stuckless,

The .mts home videos do show up and play in sagetv.

Dan
Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Still can't get this to work. I thought there might be a problem because my "home video" directories are the same as my "exclude" directories, so I took a Sage video directory that was not excluded and put it in home movies. Nothing shows in Home Movies.
Syntax shown in the individual file locations and the home movies path are identical.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sean, think I found the problem!

I used the browse button followed by "add" to populate the list of directories. I did it with multiple directories and then tried with just a single directory. Didn't work. then i noticed instead of semicolons, the list was demarked with commas. With 1 directory, the listing began with a comma. I took the comma out and all files in the directory now come up in home movies.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post
Sean, think I found the problem!

I used the browse button followed by "add" to populate the list of directories. I did it with multiple directories and then tried with just a single directory. Didn't work. then i noticed instead of semicolons, the list was demarked with commas. With 1 directory, the listing began with a comma. I took the comma out and all files in the directory now come up in home movies.
Ok, that's a bug in my list editor... i need to make sure that it puts in semi-colons and not commas