SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Movies + Home Videos?

Does anyone have any ideas how to manage Movies + Home Videos?

I like being able to turn the "Video" Menu into "Movies" but I don't want my home videos showing up there. I would still like a "Videos" or "Home Videos" option on the main menu.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the hard work also Diamond theme.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

That had been on my mind lately and I actually have some ideas for a home movies view but it's own menu option...not sure on that one.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

+1 to having home movies be separated. Since I haven't installed Diamond yet (waiting on wife's recordings to end), I was not sure how this was being handled now. Currently, could one force a metadata genre of "home" onto them and have that show separately in the "genre" view?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
+1 to having home movies be separated. Since I haven't installed Diamond yet (waiting on wife's recordings to end), I was not sure how this was being handled now. Currently, could one force a metadata genre of "home" onto them and have that show separately in the "genre" view?
ACtually just easier to use a folder filter and setup a view just including your home movies folder and exclude it in the others.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a Home Movies folder view, but would like to see the first frame of the movie as the icon since there is no Fanart available!

Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Sage User

I'm trying to do the same thing. I was able to exclude my home videos folder from my other movies, but I'm having trouble removing my movies from my new home videos view.

For home videos, if I use one include (for home videos folder) in the folders filter does it automatically exclude all other folders? Or do I have to also exclude every other folder? I did try to exclude all other folders, but movies still show up.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrnorth View Post
I'm trying to do the same thing. I was able to exclude my home videos folder from my other movies, but I'm having trouble removing my movies from my new home videos view.

For home videos, if I use one include (for home videos folder) in the folders filter does it automatically exclude all other folders? Or do I have to also exclude every other folder? I did try to exclude all other folders, but movies still show up.
an Include automatically excludes everything not in it.