SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Sage Expert

Feature Request: Re-schedule 'halt detected' recordings

The communal satellite feed to my apartment is 'dodgy' at times, so 'halt detected' warnings and error messages are not uncommon. Same problems experienced if with the STB, so its definitely the feed.

System messages are useful but require me to trawl the log, find the problem recording, check to see how many fragments it has, check if it is due to be shown again, finally schedule the program to be re-recorded.

So, how about a configurable re-record for both manual and favourite recordings that will automatically re-schedule where an issue occurs with the original recording?
Old 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

This should happen already with favorites. If it doesn't record, or if you delete a corrupted recording while leaving in the Unwatched state, it should schedule another airing of that episode to record (assuming there is one).

If you manually flag a specific airing to record, then obviously this won't happen. So what you want is a one-time favorite for that specific episode, to record whenever it airs. I believe (but have not verified) that you can do this in V7 by creating a keyword favorite using the episode's unique ShowID.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Sage Expert

What I occasionally end up with is a recording full of breaks. Not uncommon to have a recording broken into 2-3 parts but some will be 20+ fragments. These don't appear to be treated as missed recordings. What I'm after is automatic re-scheduling (perhaps with an accompanying system message) for any recording that didn't complete without interuption.

Is this whats supposed to be happening already?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

You'll need to delete the damaged recordings before Sage will try to reschedule them. As long as a recording exists (even a damaged one), it will consider that scheduled item satisfied and won't reschedule.

So it sounds like what you want is some way to automatically delete a damaged recording in order to get that program back into the recording schedule.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
What I occasionally end up with is a recording full of breaks. Not uncommon to have a recording broken into 2-3 parts but some will be 20+ fragments. These don't appear to be treated as missed recordings. What I'm after is automatic re-scheduling (perhaps with an accompanying system message) for any recording that didn't complete without interuption.

Is this whats supposed to be happening already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
You'll need to delete the damaged recordings before Sage will try to reschedule them. As long as a recording exists (even a damaged one), it will consider that scheduled item satisfied and won't reschedule.

So it sounds like what you want is some way to automatically delete a damaged recording in order to get that program back into the recording schedule.
If you're assuming that any recording with more than one segment is a "damaged" recording then this condition can be easily identified and dealt with using SJQv4. A simple script can be written to identify such recordings and delete them. Additionally, you could add features to such a script that determines if the recording was manual and if it was then either look for a future airing and schedule it to record or create a favourite based on the Show EID so Sage will record the show the next time it shows up in the EPG.

To be fair, so as not to appear to be a shameless plug for my plugin, you definitely don't need to do this with SJQv4. A Sage plugin written in Java or a standalone program with something like the remote APIs could also easily achieve the same end result. The advantage of SJQv4 is it provides a scheduling mechanism to periodically run the script for you (though the same thing could be achieved with say the remote APIs + Windows Scheduler/Linux cron).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...