SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Workin' on Phoenix 2

Does anyone still use Phoenix UI?

btl.
YES and still loving it!

I have modified the xml (based on what Fuzzy did) so that it calls an external player for Blu-Ray playback and for .iso playback (3D). It would be nice if this was inlcuded (clients don't support Blu-ray Subtitles, so I use TMT5)

Caller-id would also be nice.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Workin' on Phoenix 2

If you got something you want that isn't there go ahead and start posting here again - it will be considered

Still using it every day! My biggest wish is for a plugin manager screen. I thought I had hacked around using the default STV plugin screen to install Phoenix plugins (I even released one), but it's unreliable at best.

So if you add plugin support, we can all add functionality!

(I have a bunch of other small requests too, but add the plugin manager and I'll code most of them myself)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Sage User

Video playlist support? I remember being able to select a play all button when browsing and all the videos in selected folder would play one after the other. There was also a shuffle mode and a way to add to the current playlist. We used to use this a lot for music videos and home videos.
HDHR Dual (QAM) × 2
Client: HD300 × 1
Old 03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Sage Expert

Count me in as still using Phoenix too on my HD300s. Most of my requests are minor, except #1.

1. Phoenix sometimes causes problems when two recordings are recording and you try to watch live TV (on a 2 tuner system). For me, it goes to a black screen and acts like it is recording, but isn't. Once I hit stop and return to the guide, I then see the dialog box asking if I want to cancel a recording.

2. I know about where to look at the system messages in Phoenix, but I don't think there is a way to delete/clear the notifications without going back to the original Sage UI. That would be helpful.

3. Maybe a few more skin/color/weather pictures options for some variety? I like to switch things up sometimes.

4. When watching a Blu-Ray and I need to turn on/off subtitles or switch audio streams, the menus for this are somewhat buried. It would be nice if they were on the first tier when pressing the option button.

5. DVD/Blu-Ray thumbnail navigation? I know Sage doesn't support this for movies, only recorded TV, so I suspect it isn't easily doable, but it would be nice.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Workin' on Phoenix 2

So I'm digging through this thread to see if there's anything anyone wanted that we didn't get to back in 2011 (can't believe it's been that long )

If you got something you want that isn't there go ahead and start posting here again - it will be considered

Native Phoenix uPNP support is the big piece of completely new functionality we're looking for P2. This should make Playon integration a lot more usable. There will of course be UI changes etc. Screen shots will follow soon.

And I'll look at this Caller ID thing also - seems like a lot of people mentioned that back in the day.

btl.
It is my one and only on all 5 extenders, headless server for splash top playback , and clients!! Would love to see a version 2.

- Sean's UPnP support in ui would be awesome
- online content in Phoenix ui
- faster music support potentially with "genius" style playlists
- airplay support :-). That's a joke :-)
Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

I'm still using Phoenix and looking forward to P2
Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
YES and still loving it!

I have modified the xml (based on what Fuzzy did) so that it calls an external player for Blu-Ray playback and for .iso playback (3D). It would be nice if this was inlcuded (clients don't support Blu-ray Subtitles, so I use TMT5)

+1 on the caller ID
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 PM
SageTVaholic

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...97&postcount=1

Link to a link to some screenshots.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

I use phoenix everyday, exclusively except on my MVP. Love it!

I'd like to be able to "tag" recordings so that I can build views on them - tags for Wife, Son, Sports, etc. As it is now I need to manually edit a view with a list of specific show names.

I'd like to be able to tag (toggle) a series as a "favourite" so that I can have a menu to show favourites (useful for when I'm on a Mad Men marathon, or similar)

Faster music, as mentioned, and a song/album queuing feature (playlists?)

I still can't delete recordings unless I catch the dialog at the end of playback - once that dialog is gone I can't delete a recording from within Phoenix.

Maybe it's just me but online videos never work - I can search for a youtube video but they never play (cannot find the file to DL, iirc).
Old 04-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

USe Phoneix on all of my PC extenders. Love it, and everytime I try another (or the default) the family wants it back!

Only one thing on my wishlist to make it complete.

Grant
Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, whatever you do, don't tell us what it is!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Forgot one. Autocomskip. It's there now but has serious issues.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Phoenix keeps me using Sage! I would like trailer support. I hacked in a way now that searches YouTube based on the title selected and just presents the search results. I think this could be made a lot more elegantly if online videos are supported in Phoenix without me having to jump out to the standard stv
Old 04-03-2013, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

When y'all say 'faster music' - what does that mean exactly? Which part is slow?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Sage User

A recordings style like sagemc had

I have wanted to move away from sagemc but my wife will not give up the way the recordings are displayed. The simple list with sort by date, tile, etc. and the ability to jump to A-Z on the right. I have no clue how to mimic this. Nothing is working anymore on sagemc like weather and so forth and I want to move on. I need the basic recordings menu...
Old 04-03-2013, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Scoobz View Post
I have wanted to move away from sagemc but my wife will not give up the way the recordings are displayed. The simple list with sort by date, tile, etc. and the ability to jump to A-Z on the right. I have no clue how to mimic this. Nothing is working anymore on sagemc like weather and so forth and I want to move on. I need the basic recordings menu...
I think you could get pretty close to this the existing in Phoenix with a little tweaking. All of the browsers support sorting by all the usual culprits. Unfortunately these sorts aren't sticky by default in Phoenix - which makes it one more thing to have to configure! But it's possible to get the preferred sort order stored away. Look for "View presentation customization" in the Universal Media Browser settings.

There is a way to get the A-Z also - not exactly the same as it was in SageMC, but better I think. Once you set it up to search you just hit the number keys on your remote until the letter you want is highlighted - then the list you are in is filtered down to just items that start with that letter. To configure it look for the Universal Media Browser setting "List Search Method" and set it to 'Alpha Filter'.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
YES and still loving it!

Can you send me the modified XML you use so I can see what this changes was that Fuzzy did?
Old 04-03-2013, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Can you send me the modified XML you use so I can see what this changes was that Fuzzy did?
It was a relatiely minor change to the v409 phoenix file that would launch an external program on a play request for a bluray folder. Basically, a port of my BluRay External Playback plugin for the v7 ui. I may have the stvi around somwhere that I created - but the completed modified STV is here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57876

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Sage Expert

Well looky there. Now you have it straight from the source!

I started with the file that is in the third post of the thread. In the file, it is easy to find the code by searching for "fuzzy"

The only change I made to Fuzzy's code was to the condition. Not all my .iso's get tagged as blu ray (not sure why, but I could not figure out how to fix them), so I changed the condition to execute the external player for:

!IsTVFile && !IsDVD

There is probably a better way to solve my issue, but it works for what I needed.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK JonTom, I'll bite

We dont turn off our TVs on our PC clients, so after the photo screen saver kicks in, we always have our home photos slideshow running. My wife loves it when her friends come over and they sit and talk, as inevitably pictures end up being talked about.

- Would love the ability to slow down the transition times
- Would love if, like the music program, it could read the a couple of exif tags and scroll them across the screen. I know the default client allows you to surface them when you go to a details page when looking at a photo.

Ok, there were two

Grant