SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
Per the thread title, this is a "Missing functionally (ie: not in Phoenix) That is important to me".
I read that to mean a feature that was "not in Phoenix" though represented some missing functionality they were accustomed to from the default STV.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-25-2011, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
This isn't on you guys, but I'm missing the SJQ GUI in Phoenix.
Yeah, the existing STV plugins (UI ones) will not work in Phoenix... and never will. While we would never build the plugin ourselves, other devs might choose to do so. And you can always build a phoenix menu that launches the sjq menu in the default stv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Took some time to play with this yesterday. Looks good but still to much functionality missing to go full time with it for the family.
If you only played with it for a day... i doubt you have an indication of what is really missing If you'd give specifics then we can either let you know how it can be done... or if it's not done, then we can put it on the list of things that might get done

Quote:
I know you are not doing much with music right now but playlists from the main menu would be helpful. Maybe I missed it but the only way I could find to get them was from the options menu once I selected on of the other music menus.
I suspect that you could add music playlists to the existing menus (since they dynamic and customizable). There is a playlist view source or you could build a menu that jumps to the music playlists in the default stv. Music will be worked on at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
Normally this wouldnt be something I would consider a must have option, but
XML EPG Data
Is this something even remotely on anyone radar now that Sage may be going the way of analog tv?
It wouldn't be a core part of phoenix, at least not right now. In a year or so when/if the sagetv epg data stops working, I'd definately consider pulling in slugger's shedules direct plugin into the core build, or creating sometime similar in phoenix so that when phoenix is installed, you don't have to do anything extra to get epg data.

Quote:
It would be nice if the delete button worked.
Where does it not work. I've used it many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePerogi View Post
Would it be possible to add password protection to a view or menu?
Currently no. I have thought about it though.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:36 AM
Sage Icon

I've noticed that the delete button when on Banner Flow won't delete the entire series. Not sure if this is a problem or intentional?

The delete button on the box landing zone instant status area won't delete those entries...
Old 06-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Sage Icon

The delete button also doesn't work when in the recording's detailed info screen.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Sage Expert

I think it looks awesome and works great but I would like auto comskip and multispeed ff and rewind.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
I've noticed that the delete button when on Banner Flow won't delete the entire series. Not sure if this is a problem or intentional?

The delete button on the box landing zone instant status area won't delete those entries...
Quote:
The delete button also doesn't work when in the recording's detailed info screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I think it looks awesome and works great but I would like auto comskip and multispeed ff and rewind.
I've only deleted from the detail info screen, and it has worked for me there... maybe something's changed recently. I haven't had a new recording for awhile, so I haven't actually deleted anything in a past couple of releases.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

This is just a suggestion... but this thread is good for getting down some stuff, but like all threads, there comes a point where it's just too much to go through at some point

So, I'd recommend stuff posting here, but I'd also enter bugs and feature requests directly in the issue tracker (http://code.google.com/p/sagephoenix/issues/list) and that way, we'll have a single place to list the bugs/features.

If it's a feature, then i'd prefix the subject in the issue tracker with "REQUEST:" so it will stand out, and if possible just link back to your post here as well.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Auto Comskip is there... You have to dig a bit in the options to find it. But it's there and works fine.

BTW, BMT and Phoenix are tightly intertwined. So, you can use BMT to alter the configs in Phoenix and vice versa. Sometimes I personally find it easier going through the config options in BMT's webgui. It's faster and you can mess with settings while someone else is watching TV...
Old 06-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks wrems, I found it. Now where is the smooth ff and rew. Actually now comskips works smooth ff an rew not so important.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 AM
Sage User

One thing that I am not bothered about but my misses pickup up on straight away is a watched / un watched counter on the banner in the recordings menu.

Cheers
Old 06-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks wrems, I found it. Now where is the smooth ff and rew. Actually now comskips works smooth ff an rew not so important.
Not supported. Not sure it will either. I've heard that it's not an easy undertaking to get working. Have you checked out the new thumbnail search seek method? Press the up arrow on your remote. It won't work on DVD's and BDMV's. Folder structure that is.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

How do you adjust the fonts/sizes?

I could not find it in the settings menus.

B
Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Sage Expert

No I didn't know about the thumbnail method. Thanks for the info. Will give it a try.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to add remote short cuts for a view - if not I'd like to request that please. It's about the only thing we miss from the stock STV so far.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Parental Control

So far the beta is very usable and quite impressive. The experience on the HD-300 is amazing. Parental Control is the show stopper for me so far. I hope you can utilize the existing parental controls or perhaps improve on them.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Sage Icon

Does the Caller-ID work in Phoenix?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=386

This is a must have.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Does the Caller-ID work in Phoenix?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=386

This is a must have.
Since this is a UI plugin, then I suspect that the answer is no. Once we feel that the core Phoenix UI is not changing very often, then we'll open up Phoenix to accept UI plugins as well, which would allow people to add this type of support.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Since this is a UI plugin, then I suspect that the answer is no. Once we feel that the core Phoenix UI is not changing very often, then we'll open up Phoenix to accept UI plugins as well, which would allow people to add this type of support.
Is there a chance to add the code to it natively? It would be cool to add caller-id to Phoenix.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Is there a chance to add the code to it natively? It would be cool to add caller-id to Phoenix.
I've never looked at the plugin, so I don't know how complicated it is. We have implemented our own flavor of toast for displaying messages to the user, so it might not be all that difficult to add. But it still might make more sense for it to be a plugin rather than part of the core. We have an awful lot of other things to work on to fill out the base functionality.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Sage Expert

Would it be possible to add netflix or playon plugin support?