SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Sage User

I use movie flow for movies and banner flow for tv shows. In the movie section I have the option to display "advanced options" or not. However, I do not have the choice in tv shows (at least, I couldnt find it). It automatically does "advanced options". It would be nice for continuity to include the choice for tv series as well.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

The latest version of Phoenix honors the setting, and lets you over-ride it if you like.

btl.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

After using Phoenix for a week now, here is my initial observations.

First of all, the overall feel and layout is awesome! It runs MUCH faster and smoother on HD200 than Diamond did. That alone made my fiance ultra excited to be using it. It is obvious alot of hard work went into this product and much thanx for that!

1 - The obvious, music still uses the default stv <--- this is by far the biggest complaint in my household as music playback is important to us.

2 - Select opens what many people would call an info screen. Would it be possible to make an option to make select immediately start playback?

3 - At the end of playback there is a popup. Would it be possible to make an option to always "Stop Playback" with no popup?

4 - Info Button. The popup this button accesses is awesome!!! At first I didnt like it, but after getting used to it, it makes navigation easier. The only gripe is during media playback. Would it be possible to make an option to make this button display the playback media info instead?

5 - I couldnt figure out how to get Phoenix to do this. Off the main menu, I am tring to set 2 tv series selections (1 for banner and 1 for "Series Wall"). I am tring to get both of these views to show sorted alphabetically by title. I can go to options and change the sorting - Is there a way to make this sorting permanent.

6 - When pressing play, when nothing is paused, It is prompting to start playback of the last media I "stopped" via the stop button. I really like this functionally, but would it be possible to change this behavior to the last media that was stopped (vs the last media I used the stop button on)?

7 - When Sage requires to take control of a currently used tuner, there is a popup asking if you want to change the channel @ to record x. Is it possible to make an option to change this dialog to say the channel will change @ to record x. There is a plugin that does this in the default stv, can it still be used?

8 - Ive seen talk of this, so I assume it is possible, how do you "play all" and is there an option to "play all not watched"
Old 07-06-2011, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

3 - "Video OSD Options->Stop Dialog" set this to false and you won't see the popup anymore.
4 - During media playback hitting select brings up the OSD which has some of that info. Also, you can hit options and navigate down to the "Detailed Info" button to get more in depth information.
5 - "View presentation customization" is the setting you want - set it to Sticky.
7 - I am not sure I understand what this plug in does, but if it's for the default UI it won't work for phoenix.
btl.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
3 - "Video OSD Options->Stop Dialog" set this to false and you won't see the popup anymore.
I do have this option set. When I get in front of my Sage box Ill list specific examples of where this is not being enforced.

Quote:
4 - During media playback hitting select brings up the OSD which has some of that info. Also, you can hit options and navigate down to the "Detailed Info" button to get more in depth information.
I was looking for just simple details overlaid on top of the media playback with a single button press. Basically the same as pressing up, without pausing playback (and without the skip scene boxes - which was an awesome addition BTW). I will try select (dont think I have)...

Quote:
5 - "View presentation customization" is the setting you want - set it to Sticky.
Awesome!!!

Quote:
7 - I am not sure I understand what this plug in does, but if it's for the default UI it won't work for phoenix.
I figured the existing plugin wouldnt work. To expand on what I was talking about. Im watching Fox. in 5 minutes Sage needs to change the channel on the tuner to record ABC. Currently in Phoenix you get a popup asking if you want to change the channel or not.

What I am hoping for here is instead of getting prompted for a choice of change channel or not, just a popup that the channel will change.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
A LIKE/DON'T LIKE BUTTON PLEASE
Old 07-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I do have this option set. When I get in front of my Sage box Ill list specific examples of where this is not being enforced.
EX - I press the stop button or fastfwd to the end of the media, I DO NOT get the popup.

I let the media play through to the end, I DO get the popup.

Quote:
I was looking for just simple details overlaid on top of the media playback with a single button press. Basically the same as pressing up, without pausing playback (and without the skip scene boxes - which was an awesome addition BTW). I will try select (dont think I have)...
That was exactly what I was looking for.,..
Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I figured the existing plugin wouldnt work. To expand on what I was talking about. Im watching Fox. in 5 minutes Sage needs to change the channel on the tuner to record ABC. Currently in Phoenix you get a popup asking if you want to change the channel or not.

What I am hoping for here is instead of getting prompted for a choice of change channel or not, just a popup that the channel will change.
So you are saying you don't want the user to have the option to cancel the recording?
Old 07-07-2011, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
So you are saying you don't want the user to have the option to cancel the recording?
ooh - I would love the ability to designate a recording/favorite a *MUST* record.

B
Old 07-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
That is exactly what I am saying
Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Sage Expert

Some minor things... I didn't see these as I browsed through this thread.

1. Show the day of the week on the guide. I'm lazy, I don't want to have to figure out what day 7/20/2011 is

2. When watching a recording and going to the guide, have it start on the channel of the recording I am currently watching.

3. If I select a folder for a recording, have it ask if I want to resume the last partially watched recording.

Great job guys, thanks for your hard work!
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 07-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

+1 on 1 and 2 above.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Why isn't there a don't like button
Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

How high up the list is Parental Controls? Even the ability to assign a pin to a given menu/view would be adequate and perhaps preferred by many. Is there a major obstacle in supporting the built in parental controls? I am hooked on Phoenix, but I might have to bail if the parental controls are a long time out.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

It's on the radar, but not something we can just throw in quickly. Ideally we want to support the built in parental controls.

btl.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

main menu shortcuts

I often let a full season of a show record (or have a full season in the Imported Videos) and then will watch them sequentially in a marathon over a weekend or similar. One thing that would be awesome for me would be the ability to "Add shortcut to this show onto Main Menu" - I see this as a button/option available at the Show or Season grouping level. It would add a link to (for example) "Mad Men Season 4" onto a "Shortcuts" main menu menu item. There would have to be a way to delete the shortcut too (maybe it would disappear once there were no more files? Would it re-appear automatically if more files were recorded/added?)
Old 07-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

It would be nice if comskip messes up and advances too early that when arrowed back it would allow the segment to play into the commercial. It used to work that way back in the day. Now if it jumps too early and you press back to see what the last couple of seconds were it just jumps immediately back over the commercial with seemingly no way to stop the comskip auto-jump.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you using auto comskip or manual?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

I use Auto and this happens to me as well..its quite frustrating.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Nothing was changed purposefully in this area - if it was allowing a com break to play through it was totally on accident - there isn't any code to make behave like you describe One of the many reasons I dont use auto personally.

btl.