SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

I think they meant compared to the comskip playback in the default stv (which, upon a back skip, disables auto-skipping for a specified period of time).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, what Fuzzy said. The feature I referred to was prevalent in SageMC too. It's very convenient to have comskip disabled temporarily.

I like the auto skip and I'd say 90% of the time it get's it right. But those times when it doesn't it's a real trying experience trying to view what was missed.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Sage User

My family uses "user categories" to separate my recordings from my wife's recordings from my son's recordings. When I edit a favorite in Phoenix, the favorites no longer show the user categories. And I'm not sure if I could setup a Phoenix view that filters by the "user category". With the default STV, we have custom views setup for each of us; e.g. my custom view only shows recordings with my user category; the wife's custom view only shows recordings with her user category; etc. Not sure if I could replicate this with genres since we both watch different shows in the same genres.

If this is not possible to replicate in Phoenix, I guess my request would be to fully support user categories and keywords via the favorites screen and filtering options in the XML. Displaying this in the detailed or summary information pages for the recording would be nice.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

Something else to throw on your radar is the ability to initiate a manual recording from the EPG by pressing the record button on the remote.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Something else to throw on your radar is the ability to initiate a manual recording from the EPG by pressing the record button on the remote.
+2 (1 for me 1 for wifey)
Old 07-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
+1 for me
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 07-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Sage User

Is there a way to launch an external application within Phoenix by the type of media selected, eg PowerDVD for DVD, TMT for Blu-Ray?

Fuzzy's external app plugin works fine on Diamond and the Stock UI, but not on Phoenix.

Is there a hidden setting for which I'm unaware, or is there a suggested workaround?

Thanks

Jay
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Two things I miss after using Phoenix full time for a while:
  • EPG 24 hour skip when pressing RW#2/FF#2
  • A "By Day" recording schedule

And if you want to incorporate my Enable/Disable Favorites plugin so that I don't have to, go right ahead.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
Is there a way to launch an external application within Phoenix by the type of media selected, eg PowerDVD for DVD, TMT for Blu-Ray?

Fuzzy's external app plugin works fine on Diamond and the Stock UI, but not on Phoenix.

Is there a hidden setting for which I'm unaware, or is there a suggested workaround?

Thanks

Jay
Have a look here,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...13&postcount=2
Old 07-11-2011, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
A "By Day" recording schedule
Hit Options, then select browse views, and then goto the 'epg' tag and select 'Scheduled Recordings' - it's grouped by day and is pretty much what you are looking for (I think).

btl.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Quote:

Thanks

Jay
Have a look here,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...13&postcount=2
I think he was meaning to lunch the external player on choosing to Play a DVD or BD item.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks

Jay
Currently the only action on a media item is to Play it. We don't have a launch external on media files.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I think he was meaning to lunch the external player on choosing to Play a DVD or BD item.
Yes, you're right Fuzzy,although the link that stuckless posted will allow me enable the launching of my netflix, internet tv and hulu desktop batch files for subsequent control by event ghost.

Unfortunately, it looks like I can't (yet anyways) launch the external player by choosing Play DVD or Play Blu Ray within Phoenix, which can be done from Diamond or the stock UI .

Fuzzy, on your plugin within the stock ui/Diamond, is it possible to choose multiple players by content type: eg TMT for Bluray, PowerDVD for DVD, etc. From the config, it looks like I can only choose one player to launch both types....

Even though it doesn't exist now, is there any future potential for launching an external player by selecting "Play" within Phoenix?

Thanks guys!

Jay
Old 07-12-2011, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

There might be something along those lines eventually - for now Phoenix is highly geared towards extenders, because all of us authors use extenders for all our viewing.

Things that make it Touch friendly and Client friendly will be addressed, but they aren't as urgent for us.

One thing I can say in regards to this particular request is that we are adding a 'playFromTheDefaultUI' type functionality into phoenix - mainly this is for the Playon Queue Importer files, but it might work if you have the default UI setup to do playback with an external program on a DVD or BD rip.

btl.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
There might be something along those lines eventually - for now Phoenix is highly geared towards extenders, because all of us authors use extenders for all our viewing.

Things that make it Touch friendly and Client friendly will be addressed, but they aren't as urgent for us.

One thing I can say in regards to this particular request is that we are adding a 'playFromTheDefaultUI' type functionality into phoenix - mainly this is for the Playon Queue Importer files, but it might work if you have the default UI setup to do playback with an external program on a DVD or BD rip.

btl.
Don't think that would work, as the default ui would be loaded up clean of any imports (mine included).

Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

The default UI loads (so far in my testing at least) with whatever imports it has enabled. The Playon import is there at least.

btl.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmm.. okay, I had though that when you loaded up the phoenix UI, it triggered the disabling of all the incompatable plugins. Still, I think instead of trying to switch back to the default and use the hack for the default, you might find it isn't all that hard to just optionally launch the external app on DVD or BluRay content from in Phoenix... should really only be a couple extra widgets in the works.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

When you are running phoenix, it doesn't load any of the incompatible plugins - but once you move over to the default UI (and in this case we are actually calling LoadSTVFile()) they are still enabled/disabled.

But I do agree, it's possible for us to add hooks for sending playback for a particular media type to an external player. Just not something we're working on in the near future.

btl.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

then finish up the plugin system.. ;-)

Old 07-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Hit Options, then select browse views, and then goto the 'epg' tag and select 'Scheduled Recordings' - it's grouped by day and is pretty much what you are looking for (I think).

btl.
Hmm. It isn't grouped by day for me. But this is the suggestion that I needed. For some reason, it never occurred to me that that I could use a view for this. I'll whip one up. Problem solved.