SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

No Diamond menu on when in options for TV recordings and font problem...

Its hard to explain so I have screen pics. The first problem I am having is a font problem. This is only exhibited on one of my TV's (1 of 3). It has been like this since the first release of Diamond 3 but I have been to lazy to post a question about it. Figured now was as good as ever. This is a 32" TV. I have another 32" TV that does not have this problem. In my menu display options for the TV that is giving me this problem I have Numbers of Columns to 1, Number of Rows to 7, Airing list font size to 15, and Number of Views to 4. These are exactly the same settings as my other 32" TV that, again, doesn't have this same font "chopping" problem.

You can see it is really noticable here with multiple recordings in a show series. All individual recordings on the right are "chopped" by about 1/4 or so.

Same here:

Same here:

The second problem I have is that I have no "Diamond Options" when I hit the "Options" menu from the remote control when on my TV recordings menu. In the picture below, notice how the "Diamond Options" doesn't appear:

Navigating with the arrow keys on the remote doesn't do anything to make the Diamond options appear. If I hit down on the arrow key on the last item in the menu (recording schedule in the above pic) the cursor will just jump back to the top of the menu which is "All Recordings".

The only way I can get to the Diamond Options from this TV is to do Menu Options -> Video Menu Options -> Diamond Options.

Any ideas on what is going on?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Resolution differences are causing the fonts to get chopped of I am sure your ui res is different on other tv, when it chops off like that it is because you have the font size to big lower the front size. also I would say you either have another plugin modifing areas on that box or a bad install would be the only reason diamond options wouldn't show.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Also we don't modify that text that is getting cut off that is pure default.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Sage Icon

Looks like your TV is in a "zoom" mode and your are overcompensating with overscan. Not all TV's behave the same, are the two 32 inch TV's the same make and model? Also what res do you have the extender (HD300?) set at?

I can see that something is off with the header and footer images like the top half of the header is off the top of screen and the bottom half of the footer is off the bottom of the screen.

See the attached for how the header and foot should look.

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Overscan Header and Footer.jpg (83.0 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg Correct Overscan Header and Footer.jpg (61.7 KB, 363 views)
Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Resolution differences are causing the fonts to get chopped of I am sure your ui res is different on other tv, when it chops off like that it is because you have the font size to big lower the front size. also I would say you either have another plugin modifing areas on that box or a bad install would be the only reason diamond options wouldn't show.
Ok, when I get to the house I'll lower the font size bit by bit and see if that has an effect.

The only plugins I have are BMT, Diamond, and Phoenix. I try to keep everything at a minimum to avoid conflicts that I see arise from other users running plugins.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Looks like your TV is in a "zoom" mode and your are overcompensating with overscan. Not all TV's behave the same, are the two 32 inch TV's the same make and model? Also what res do you have the extender (HD300?) set at?

I can see that something is off with the header and footer images like the top half of the header is off the top of screen and the bottom half of the footer is off the bottom of the screen.

snip...
Ahh! That could very well be it! No, the two 32" TV's are from different manufacturers. I'll check the zoom mode when I get home today. I hope that is all that is the wrong! Also, I don't know the resolution off hand as I'm not there right now. When I get home, I'll try both yours and Plucky's suggestions and update the thread with the results.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:35 AM
SageTVaholic

RE: Diamod Options: I see Malore and Partial recordings in that list which is bumping Diamond Options off the bottom. Are those things the default STV's hidden extras add?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
RE: Diamod Options: I see Malore and Partial recordings in that list which is bumping Diamond Options off the bottom. Are those things the default STV's hidden extras add?
I forgot about Malore! I like to have the bottom of the screen tell me how much space is currently being used and what is upcoming within the next 48 hours. Perhaps enabled that hidden "extra" has caused some menu problem.s
Old 03-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggen View Post
I forgot about Malore! I like to have the bottom of the screen tell me how much space is currently being used and what is upcoming within the next 48 hours. Perhaps enabled that hidden "extra" has caused some menu problem.s
I run the diskbar as well without any problems, really just looks like your fonts are too large for some reason and things are getting out of whack.

J
Old 03-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I run the diskbar as well without any problems, really just looks like your fonts are too large for some reason and things are getting out of whack.

J
Well, there is no zoom button on my TV remote. I went into the TV settings menu and set everything back to default but nothing changed on that end as it was already set to default as I had never changed any of those settings.

I then started playing with the Airing List Font Size via the "Menu Options" but I can't tell anything is happening. Lowered it as far as 5 (which seems to be the smallest it will take) and I don't see any difference.

I then stating playing with the resolution setting in Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Output Resolution. Currently it is set at 1920x1080p which is the highest. I tried the other 3 that are listed and it didn't effect the font chopping or menu issues.

Lastly, I disabled the "Unofficial Feature Set" in SageTV. That removed the Malore menu options and now I can see the Diamond Options menu with I push "Options" on the remote control when inside the TV recordings. This makes no sense to me though as the other 2 Tv's in my house have the "Unofficial Feature Set" enabled and I could still scroll down to the Diamond Options with no issues.

I wonder if I need to factory reset this HD-300. Maybe something is corrupted somewhere...
Old 03-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggen View Post
Well, there is no zoom button on my TV remote. I went into the TV settings menu and set everything back to default but nothing changed on that end as it was already set to default as I had never changed any of those settings.

I then started playing with the Airing List Font Size via the "Menu Options" but I can't tell anything is happening. Lowered it as far as 5 (which seems to be the smallest it will take) and I don't see any difference.

I then stating playing with the resolution setting in Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Output Resolution. Currently it is set at 1920x1080p which is the highest. I tried the other 3 that are listed and it didn't effect the font chopping or menu issues.

Lastly, I disabled the "Unofficial Feature Set" in SageTV. That removed the Malore menu options and now I can see the Diamond Options menu with I push "Options" on the remote control when inside the TV recordings. This makes no sense to me though as the other 2 Tv's in my house have the "Unofficial Feature Set" enabled and I could still scroll down to the Diamond Options with no issues.

I wonder if I need to factory reset this HD-300. Maybe something is corrupted somewhere...
You may want to shut down the HD300 and delete the applicable properties file on your server. This will start from a fresh properties file again.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\clients

I guess you just need to be careful to find the right properties file for that HD300.

I'm not super experienced with the extenders yet so if anyone else can suggest a better way of doing this please jump in.

Have you also made sure that you are using the latest beta firmware for the HD300?

J
Old 03-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You may want to shut down the HD300 and delete the applicable properties file on your server. This will start from a fresh properties file again.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\clients

I guess you just need to be careful to find the right properties file for that HD300.

I'm not super experienced with the extenders yet so if anyone else can suggest a better way of doing this please jump in.

Have you also made sure that you are using the latest beta firmware for the HD300?

J
I just did a factory reset of the extender just to see if that would do anything, but it changed nothing; Still chopped font.

I got the fiance watching TV now in another room so I'll have to play with the properties file later so I don't get yelled at if I break something.

I am NOT using the latest beta firmware on my HD-300's. I tried to use them but I got HEAVY combing when watching TV/movies when I was using that firmware. I expierenced this on all my extender so I had to roll back to the latest official firmware.

Again, and I know I'm being repetitive, this issue only crops up on this one extender/tv. My other two extenders/tv do not have any of these issues and they are all running the same firmware that this problem one is running. Those other two extenders are also running that "Extra Features" bar at the bottom of there screens as well.

This is why I am a network guy and not a software guy.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you tried your overscan settings?

Also, check the minimum font size setting in detailed settings on that extenders.

k
Old 03-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Have you tried your overscan settings?

Also, check the minimum font size setting in detailed settings on that extenders.

k
Yup, that did it. I wasn't changing the font size in that setting. I was in the Video menus options.

Thank you so much! That was driving me crazy. The fiance didn't even notice it...