SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

7.1.5 & BD From Hard Drive

I had 7.1.2 installed and backed up two BD's using AnyDVD-HD. When they were complete, I tested them and they played fine. I then upgraded to 7.1.5 when Diamond 3.2 came out, and now the BD's won't play. Clicking on play shows the OSD and "Initializing"...then a black screen with the play icon (triangle) showing, but the timeline doesn't advance. Pause and play function (you can see the icon chage), but there is no moving video. Skip ahead works, but it just jumps to that frame, and stays stuck. No audio.

P
Old 03-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Since you are using a plugin, have you tried it w/o any active plugins?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Sage Icon

Nothing has changed from 3.1 to 3.2 in the playback area and previously we only touch the OSD a little cosmetically, nothing to do with actual playback of files that's the sagetv core.

Have you checked your Detailed Setup > Video/Audio Settings to see if they have reverted or something?

Ditto to Andy's comment - Try without Diamond and see if it is working.

J
Old 03-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

Apologies, I thought this was in the Beta Forum. It has to do with the DTS-HD MA tracks, as the AC3 Tracks get the video playing. No difference with Diamond uninstalled. Debug logs sent. Move to Beta Forum?

P
Old 03-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Sage Icon

You can mark this as "solved"...there isn't a problem with 7.1.5 in this area...but there is something that could prevent what happened, from happening.

There *was* a problem with playback, the audio portion of which was the DTSHD-MA, bitstreamed via ffdshow, to my Denon. The problem was caused by SageTV's insistence on installing AC3Filter. I noticed something was weird just now, while watching an OTA broadcast, and seeing MULTICH IN on the Denon, as opposed to Dolby D. I checked DirectShow Filter Manager and saw that AC3Filter was registered. It was inserting itself in the playback chain, despite ffdshow having the highest merit, and being specified in Sage. I usually remember this occurs with ALL installs, and undo the mess...but I forgot in my rush to get Diamond 3.2 up and running. I unregistered ac3filter.ax and rebooted...after that, the BDs played fine...DTSHD-MA bitstreamed.

Why can't there be a dialog box asking if we want AC3Filter, when we install new versions?

P