SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Changing Movies to TV shows

I have tons of imported Kids' shows in my Video Library. For several years I have used the Folder view in SageMC to access them. But I want to switch over to the Sage 7 UI (I have been running SageMC under Sage 7 for 9 months or so) using the Diamond UI Enhancements or maybe even the Phoenix or Ortus UIs if I (and more importnatly the rest of the family) likes them.

The bulk of the content that I have is TV shows but there are also DVD rips as well. I want everything to show up in one view in SageTV (I plan to use Recorded TV changing one of the views to be called Kids' Shows) to make it easier to find the content - so when you go into TV>Recorded TV>Kids Shows you will see all Kids' content - you don't have to go to the Movies (or Videos) Main Menu item to see some content.

Where I am having trouble is where I want to organize the content like a TV series but it isn't really TV. Currently much of this content has been read into Sage with the help of BMT and has metadata and Fanart. But this Fanart has everything classified with a Mediatype of Movie and I need to change it all to TV to fit into my new paradigm.

Here is an example - there is a series of DVDs called Baby Einstein with individual disks called Baby Bach, Baby Mozart, etc. I am trying to set these up as a TV Series called "Baby Einstein" with episodes titled "Baby Bach", "Baby Mozart", etc. The problem now becomes how do I deal with the Fanart so that I can continue to get the unique Fanart for each show? Do I have to give the "shows" fake Season and Episode IDs and then rename the Fanart with Episode numbers to essentially get what is now Episode specific Fanart? For example if I say that Baby Bach is S01E01 do I save the Fanart for as 01.jpg under Season 1, Episodes? Any other suggestions to get all of the Fanart to work? I have the Series Banner working and I seem to get posters but not necessarily the backgrounds.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have tons of imported Kids' shows in my Video Library. For several years I have used the Folder view in SageMC to access them. But I want to switch over to the Sage 7 UI (I have been running SageMC under Sage 7 for 9 months or so) using the Diamond UI Enhancements or maybe even the Phoenix or Ortus UIs if I (and more importnatly the rest of the family) likes them.

The bulk of the content that I have is TV shows but there are also DVD rips as well. I want everything to show up in one view in SageTV (I plan to use Recorded TV changing one of the views to be called Kids' Shows) to make it easier to find the content - so when you go into TV>Recorded TV>Kids Shows you will see all Kids' content - you don't have to go to the Movies (or Videos) Main Menu item to see some content.

Where I am having trouble is where I want to organize the content like a TV series but it isn't really TV. Currently much of this content has been read into Sage with the help of BMT and has metadata and Fanart. But this Fanart has everything classified with a Mediatype of Movie and I need to change it all to TV to fit into my new paradigm.

Here is an example - there is a series of DVDs called Baby Einstein with individual disks called Baby Bach, Baby Mozart, etc. I am trying to set these up as a TV Series called "Baby Einstein" with episodes titled "Baby Bach", "Baby Mozart", etc. The problem now becomes how do I deal with the Fanart so that I can continue to get the unique Fanart for each show? Do I have to give the "shows" fake Season and Episode IDs and then rename the Fanart with Episode numbers to essentially get what is now Episode specific Fanart? For example if I say that Baby Bach is S01E01 do I save the Fanart for as 01.jpg under Season 1, Episodes? Any other suggestions to get all of the Fanart to work? I have the Series Banner working and I seem to get posters but not necessarily the backgrounds.
As long as you want all files to share the same posters and backgrounds, then that will work. But you'll have to assign an Season and EPisode to each file (as you noted) in order to get an episode fanart image to show.

Seems like a lot work. I know in phoenix you could some of this by leaving the content as is, and just using a custom menu that links to all your different content areas.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I will have another look at Phoenix as I am playing around with it as well but I am getting really close with Diamond.

The new Batch Update command that you added to BMT was very useful for this.

I may only have to change about a dozen Baby Einstein files in BMT and another dozen Elmo/Sesame Street DVDs to get everything working properly. Pretty much everything else is in TV shows and is showing up correctly.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Seems like a lot work. I know in phoenix you could some of this by leaving the content as is, and just using a custom menu that links to all your different content areas.
Is this described in your thread in the stickies of the Phoenix forum?
Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Is this described in your thread in the stickies of the Phoenix forum?
It's not really described, and it would require that you copy the landing zone and then edit it to add your new menus.

For example, you could add a new sub menu section for "Kids", and then for each item, you could create a menu that launches the UMB with a given view or view with bookmark.

For this to work to well, you'd need to create all the views that you need, and just add them as menu items. You could even conditionally show the menu ONLY on a certain extender, if wanted, so that the Kids menu doesn't show up in your menu for the bedroom, (as an example).
Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is Phoenix available?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianus View Post
Is Phoenix available?
It's in private beta testing.