SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 04-15-2011, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Geotagging to video/presentation

Almost completely unrelated to Sage, but I know we've got some photography and content-creation buffs here, so I figure it's a good place to ask...

So, I just got back from a trip, and aside from it just being fun to get away (first trip in a while) and see and do a lot of cool things, I also got to play with a number of toys I've accumulated "recently" for the first time in any sort of serious way. Namely my Canon 7D and my Thunderbolt. Basically I took a ton of pictures and a number of videos (HD ) with my 7D and (almost) the whole time had myTracks running on my Bolt recording my position.

So what I've got is a complete GPS, Photo, and Video record of my trip and I'd love to put it all together into a sort of multimedia presentation of the trip. Guess what I'm envisioning is sort of a video that follows the map through the trip, showing the tracks and maybe elevation stuff, and then transitions to pictures videos at various locations.

Obviously it's possible, but I've been unsuccessful in my googling to find the right search terms to get me to helpful info...

So I'd appreciate any thoughts or pointers in the right direction.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Sage Expert

Can't help you with the videos, but I started using this perl script to geotag my photos. It uses ExifTool under the hood and it allows adding the geotag to XML sidecar files rather than writing directly to the Canon CR2 or jpg files.

GPSBabel is good for converting between formats if you need to do that.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, FWIW, I found rough examples of what I'm looking for, basically a tweakable combination of iPhoto's Places Slideshow, and iMovie's travel maps. Sort of the travel map (but showing the path between not just moving point to point like the iMovie transition) between the groups of pictures.