SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Image rendering

Hello,

Another day and another question

Whilst testing views (cover flow for example) on extenders I've noticed that the edge of some images get cut off half way through a table animation process.... is there anyway to stop this?

I've looked at using FreeformCellSize and EnforceBounds but didn't really get on too well with those. I found some post from along time ago but they also didn't really shed any light on the subject.

Attached a screenshot showing whats happening.

Cheers

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cover Flow example.jpg (163.9 KB, 357 views)
Old 04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

You need a "DisableParentClip" I think that is the attribute and set it to true. It must be under the main theme for the menu. It may be "DisableParentClipping" one of the two. There is a performance hit for this on extenders and slower pcs but I do it ad icant stand the clipping.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Plucky

I did try that before and it didn't really change anything...... I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere, I'll have to look a bit harder.

Cheers

Ben
Old 04-17-2011, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Thanks Plucky

I did try that before and it didn't really change anything...... I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere, I'll have to look a bit harder.

Cheers

Ben
Take a look a one ohe diamond menus. It has to be under the main theme for the menu item. Also depending on how you have your code you may need "EnforceBounds[=false]" under your table widget.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Ok, will do.

Thanks

EDIT

Ok, So I tried again with the DisableParentClip [=true] and it works fine .... but just to clarify, it has to be under the main theme for a menu? It can't go anywhere else? I did try but and it doesn't work anywhere else. My only concern is the performance hit it may incur on other views which don't actually need ParentClip but are located in the same menu.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Ok, will do.

Thanks

EDIT

Ok, So I tried again with the DisableParentClip [=true] and it works fine .... but just to clarify, it has to be under the main theme for a menu? It can't go anywhere else? I did try but and it doesn't work anywhere else. My only concern is the performance hit it may incur on other views which don't actually need ParentClip but are located in the same menu.
It will that is why you give the menu you want it's own theme and subtheme in the other menu theme .
Old 04-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
It will that is why you give the menu you want it's own theme and subtheme in the other menu theme .
Ok, thats cool.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Sage Icon

I've got a problem again

So I used that DisableParentClip which works fine but I decided I wanted to adjust the position of some of the items and figured that I'd use an animation widget to do this. Since using the animation widget I've now got clipping issues again...... does the animation widget "Disable" the "DisableParentClip"?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ben
Old 05-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Sage Icon

Ok, so I'm still stuck with this clipping issue... well its not an issue until I use animation widgets to modify the position of the cells within my table.

I've attached two screenshots.... one shows the original position of the cells and the other where I'd like the position of the cells to be. The first screenshot doesn't use any animation widgets and doesn't suffer from any clipping issue's where as the second screenshot does use animation widgets but suffers from clipping on extenders.

I've also created a test stvi to show what I'm doing and which replicates the issue on extenders.... its pretty rough but it should do the job. Hopefully someone will be able to test this out and see the same clipping issue as I'm seeing (on an extender).

Thanks

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg This works but images are in the wrong position.jpg (38.8 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg This doesn't work but images are in the correct position.jpg (38.9 KB, 288 views)
Attached Files
File Type: stvi Clipping Test.stvi (87.4 KB, 286 views)