SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Sage Icon

Eddy, I'll have a look at it. I'm pretty sure it's just using the code built into the default STV for the timeout for when to populate those thumbs.

John
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Sage Icon

Wink re: New option request...

Hi John,

still using this plugin and absolutely love it! Simple, yet powerful!

You probably noticed my thread about improving the fanart browsing on extenders and the suggestions to have the fanart cached on RamDisk.

Well, having the thumbnails generated and cached into a RamDisk was easy, unfortunately the fanart repository isn't and the reason is because the repository cannot be easily relocated.

The idea is to have the central Fanart repository where it is so that BMT can feed the posters and backgrounds as normal, but what would be really cool is whether you can please add an option in your plugin whereby one can specify another directory for the fanart to be displayed with default being the same as the current Fanart Central Folder, this way I can move the displayed fanart into a RamDisk and leave to me the task to keep the two directory in sync...

Alternatively, modifying the existing "Central Fanart Directory" option in your plugin that instead of writing the property in "phoenix/mediametadata/fanartCentralFolder" writes into a new property "phoenix/fanart/displayFolder" which has the default value the same as the Central Folder for backward compatibility, in fact, thinking about it you probably added that option for this purpose already, but without make it independent from the original Fanart repository directory.

Thanks and please keep up the good work...
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 12-04-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Hi John,

still using this plugin and absolutely love it! Simple, yet powerful!

You probably noticed my thread about improving the fanart browsing on extenders and the suggestions to have the fanart cached on RamDisk.

Well, having the thumbnails generated and cached into a RamDisk was easy, unfortunately the fanart repository isn't and the reason is because the repository cannot be easily relocated.

The idea is to have the central Fanart repository where it is so that BMT can feed the posters and backgrounds as normal, but what would be really cool is whether you can please add an option in your plugin whereby one can specify another directory for the fanart to be displayed with default being the same as the current Fanart Central Folder, this way I can move the displayed fanart into a RamDisk and leave to me the task to keep the two directory in sync...

Alternatively, modifying the existing "Central Fanart Directory" option in your plugin that instead of writing the property in "phoenix/mediametadata/fanartCentralFolder" writes into a new property "phoenix/fanart/displayFolder" which has the default value the same as the Central Folder for backward compatibility, in fact, thinking about it you probably added that option for this purpose already, but without make it independent from the original Fanart repository directory.

Thanks and please keep up the good work...
Eddy
Unfortunately, I think this is all done in the phoenix Api, not the ui mod plugins. Personally, my hopes are that at some point, the gemstone guys can get a malore-comparable view for tv shows, in which case, i don't think I will need this plugin anymore.

there are still some ways to manipulate where fanart files are stored. for starters, the fanart location used by phoenix is set in the sage.proeprties file. However, the fanart location used by the UI mods is stored in the appropriate sageclient.properties file. Manipulating this may give you the capability you seek. Let phoenix/server store the fanart in a HDD based folder, and sync that to a ramdrive that the client.properties files are pointed to. Gotta keep the sync's close though, as it has problems when the api knows a given file is in there, but then the UI mod can't find it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Let phoenix/server store the fanart in a HDD based folder, and sync that to a ramdrive that the client.properties files are pointed to.
Yes, you're right for client, unfortunately (or fortunately) I have only extenders and that uses the original path in the server...

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 12-04-2012, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do though. If you can put the cache in RAM, then the main files aren't even really ever accessed, so what slowdown are you trying to avoid? The delay from just the one-time cache generation?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do though. If you can put the cache in RAM, then the main files aren't even really ever accessed, so what slowdown are you trying to avoid? The delay from just the one-time cache generation?
Let me explain, by using the "SageTV Fanart" plugin and setting the scale options to "Don't Scale" the plugin always read the files from the Fanart repository and not from the cache. The cache (currently in RamDisk) is only used by the plugin to scale the small background shown when browsing and selecting a video. This is how I achieve pretty fast browsing speed on extenders.

Eddy

Old 04-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've been using SageTV for a number of years and I just started using this plugin. I wanted fanart but my family didn't want to change the appearance of the Sage menus. I tried this and we really like it...it looks and works great.

We have experienced a strange issue though. About once a month we watch a recording and when it's finished, the "Watched" box doesn't get checked automatically. When we try to check it manually, it just won't let us. Normally I restart my server and then I can check the box. Last week when this problem resurfaced, I managed to check the "watched" box, but only after I deleted the metadata. I never had this problem before installing this plugin, and in fact SageTV was so dependable I rarely even bothered to reboot the server.

Any ideas what this problem could be caused by or how to diagnose it?
Old 12-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

So I know this is a really old thread but I just tried out this plug-in and I had a quick question.

Is it possible to have fanart backgrounds display with the default STV in the TV/Video views without going to detailed info? I'd like to have the backgrounds change as I'm flipping through my recorded shows. I went through all the options and searched online but I didn't see this as an option.

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s
Old 03-31-2015, 06:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am running into a problem where this plugin is disabled at login via placeshifter. It looks like it is being disabled because it is dependent on CMT which is delayed until after phoenix-api and core are loaded. I

Tue 3/31 8:21:49.614 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Moving loading of plugin STVI cmt to after phoenix-api because of its dependency on it.
Tue 3/31 8:21:49.614 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Moving loading of plugin STVI cmt to after phoenix-core because of its dependency on it.
Tue 3/31 8:21:49.615 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Failed check of plugin SageTVPlugin[phoenixfanart state=Failed name=Phoenix Fanart for SageTV version=1.0.8 type=STVI desc=Uses fanart from the Phoenix API central fanart repository in the default SageTV Version 7.1 UI.

*** This plugin is a MERGE and REPLACEMENT for the Phoenix Fanart for SageTV V7 by bialio and Phoenix Fanart for Malore Menus by tmiranda, Tiki *** author=JREkiwi screenshots=null videos=null modified=11/27/2011 installed=3/30/2015 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[phoenix-api minVer=2.3.47 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[nielm_sageimdb minVer=1.8.2 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[cmt minVer=3.0.6 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[df_sageutils minVer=1.0 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[SageTV minVer=7.1.5 type=Core], PluginDependency[phoenix-core minVer=2.3.47 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[sageutls minVer=1.4.2 type=Plugin]] packages=null] because its dependency of cmt is disabled!
Tue 3/31 8:21:49.615 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Disabling STVI plugin Phoenix Fanart for SageTV because a dependency is not satisfied!
Tue 3/31 8:21:49.616 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Disabling STVI phoenixfanart, STV will need to be rebuilt...
Old 03-31-2015, 07:00 AM
SageTVaholic

The Phoenix Fanart plugin is developed by JREKiwi... In this particular case this plugin is failing to load because one of it's dependencies didn't load.

Core phoenix DOES NOT depend of CMT, but because this fanart plugin depends on phoenix and CMT, what you are seeing is sagetv reordering the plugin loading (which is normal, and happens all the time).

ie, this plugin is not loading for some other reason. According to the message CMT appears to be disabled, so I think you need to figure out what that is. Because CMT is disabled the phoenixfanart plugin is not enabled... but "phoenix-core" and "phoenix-api" do not depend on either of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
I am running into a problem where this plugin is disabled at login via placeshifter. It looks like it is being disabled because it is dependent on CMT which is delayed until after phoenix-api and core are loaded. I

Tue 3/31 8:21:49.614 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Moving loading of plugin STVI cmt to after phoenix-api because of its dependency on it.
Tue 3/31 8:21:49.614 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Moving loading of plugin STVI cmt to after phoenix-core because of its dependency on it.
Tue 3/31 8:21:49.615 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Failed check of plugin SageTVPlugin[phoenixfanart state=Failed name=Phoenix Fanart for SageTV version=1.0.8 type=STVI desc=Uses fanart from the Phoenix API central fanart repository in the default SageTV Version 7.1 UI.

*** This plugin is a MERGE and REPLACEMENT for the Phoenix Fanart for SageTV V7 by bialio and Phoenix Fanart for Malore Menus by tmiranda, Tiki *** author=JREkiwi screenshots=null videos=null modified=11/27/2011 installed=3/30/2015 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[phoenix-api minVer=2.3.47 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[nielm_sageimdb minVer=1.8.2 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[cmt minVer=3.0.6 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[df_sageutils minVer=1.0 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[SageTV minVer=7.1.5 type=Core], PluginDependency[phoenix-core minVer=2.3.47 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[sageutls minVer=1.4.2 type=Plugin]] packages=null] because its dependency of cmt is disabled!
Tue 3/31 8:21:49.615 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Disabling STVI plugin Phoenix Fanart for SageTV because a dependency is not satisfied!
Tue 3/31 8:21:49.616 [MiniUIServerConnection@3ada39] Disabling STVI phoenixfanart, STV will need to be rebuilt...
Old 03-31-2015, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the quick response. CMT is enabled. Whats funny is that I have no issue on load order of the STVI for the extenders, but this problem only shows up on placeshifter. Once the STV is loaded onto placeshifter, I have to navigate to plugins and manually enable the fanart plugin.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. CMT is enabled. Whats funny is that I have no issue on load order of the STVI for the extenders, but this problem only shows up on placeshifter. Once the STV is loaded onto placeshifter, I have to navigate to plugins and manually enable the fanart plugin.
That is odd... I don't use this plugin, so I can't speculate as to why this is happening... the message clearly says "because its dependency of cmt is disabled!"... yet are sayning it is NOT disabled
Old 03-31-2015, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

It is odd.

When connecting to the Sagetv Server from an extender, everything works as expected...Phoenix api & core -> CMT plugin-> Fanart plugin.

For some reason when the placeshifter connects, the fanart plugin isnt delayed to loading after all of its dependencies. Instead it is just disabled. CMT still loads correctly.

Anyway...its not a big issue. I only use placeshifter for testing.