SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

STVi Plugin: Phoenix Fanart for Malore Menus

This plugin is a port of Phoenix Fanart for the Default STV and Tiki's BMT Tools for the Malore Menus that are still present in Sage7. To enable the Malore Menus navigate to the System Information menu and press "5309" (without the quotes).

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

I suspect that when Opus gets around to updating the Malore menus to a V7 look / feel, the theme that does the preview (which is where my import added the fanart) will be used which would give V7 Malore menus Phoenix fanart by default.

SO you might want to split Tiki's BMT tools into a seperate plugin, since it provides a different function and won't be broken when the V7 Malore actually arrive.

btl.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

You're probably right. I wanted to get something done quickly because the Malore Menus are what I use I also think this will only work with BMT 3 and not BMT 4. I'll have to check that out as well.

I am not sure Opus has any plans to update the Malore Menus, do you know this or are you just assuming? I'd love for him to do that but I would suspect he has other more pressing things to work on. I had actually thought about updating them myself.

So there are plenty of things to think about

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

He has said that he will, but that there are other things that are a higher priority. I suspect they will look something like the V7 'By Day Schedule'.

btl.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Sage Icon

Good morning,

If I have the Phoenix for Malore V7 installed the song details screen is the old v6 screen (takes awhile to load but it does come up). With the plugin disabled or uninstalled all is well. Has anyone else noticed this?

Album detail is using the V7 screen with the plugin installed and enabled.

I have a 7.0.15 beta setup with the latest STV updates and I have tested this on my server and one of my clients with the same result. I can't confirm that it is just with the lastest versions as I don't have an older version installed to check with the plugin.

See attached for photo.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Song Details.jpg (54.5 KB, 446 views)
Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes, that's because I did not update the song detail menu to the new format. Now that Opus has updated the malore menus I should really revisit this plugin. It's on the "to do" list but not at a very high priority right now.

I actually stopped using this plugin because I like the V7 Malore menus without fanart. When I do revisit this plugin I will probably make more changes to improve the "look at feel" with V7.

Tom

Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Tom.

I just wanted to confirm I didn't break something as it seems to be a common occurance lately ;o)

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 09-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

As the attached photo shows I get a 'nullnull' after the show name for any show that doesn't have fan art.

Just wondering if this is a known issue with Phoenix Fanart for Malore Menus? If something else caused it any idea on how to fix it?

Disabling Phoenix Fanart for Malore Menus gets rid of the nullnull .. but also gets rid of the graphics

Listed below are all the plugins I have installed:
Installed Plugins:
Commercial Detector
Jetty Web Server
Metadata Tools for SageTV
Phoenix core services
Sage Artifact Delete (SAD)
Sage Job Queue (SJQ)
SageTV H2 Database
SageTV Mobile Web Interface
SageTV Web Interface
UPnP Browser (windows)

Auto Aspect Ratio (neilm, cybrmage)
Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switcher (nielm, JRekiwi)
Comercial Detector UI
Comskip Playback
CPU Meter
EPG Back-On-Guide
Hide Exit on Main Menu
IMDB Search
Import/ Export Channel Lineup
Java Heap Monitor
MiniGuide
My TV for V7
Phoenix Fanart for Malore Menus
Phoenix Fanart for SageTV V7
PlayOn for SageTV: STVi
Season-Episode display for Malore recordings
Upcoming Movies
VideoOut Tools for HD100/200
I *had* Tweider Tweeks installed but have since uninstalled it
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300

Last edited by ThePaladinTech; 03-07-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

I'll add looking at this to the "to do" list.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Sage Expert

Is this plugin also suppose to display the thumbnails from the Fanart folder like it is described here

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48410

or do I need to have that plugin also installed? Thank you

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 01-18-2011, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastafidli View Post
or do I need to have that plugin also installed? Thank you
bialo's Plugin is totally different, and probably better since it's a lot newer and made for Sage7. Mine is a retrofit of the Sage6 STVi.

I haven't updated this in a while because I don't use it anymore (I like the new Sage7 interface without extra fanart) and nobody has complained much about it not working

Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Sage Expert

I tried it and it doesn't seem to show fanart. I haven't really used fanart before, I was just experimenting with it to see what it is about and even though it is downloaded I cannot seem to get it shown on gui. I will try the other plugin and see if it works. Thank you for all that you do.

Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Sage Expert

What I have found out is that at this time I need both plugins. Biablo's plugin will display the fanart for me, this one doesn't. What this one does and bbiablo's doesn't is to add the Fanart section into the details dialog so that I am able to manually download the fanart directly from Sage gui.

1Gb wired network
Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastafidli View Post
What I have found out is that at this time I need both plugins. Biablo's plugin will display the fanart for me, this one doesn't. What this one does and bbiablo's doesn't is to add the Fanart section into the details dialog so that I am able to manually download the fanart directly from Sage gui.
Did you also make sure to put your path to your Fanart directory in the settings for this plugin?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

If you are referring to the Fanart section in Detailed Setup then I believe it is there, yes.

1Gb wired network
Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

why are some banners not displayed?

I have some shows were banners are not displayed, even when they are present. See attached screenshots for an example.

How do I diagnose this further, or fix it?

Thanks!

Drew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main.jpg (65.6 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg banner.jpg (53.3 KB, 318 views)
Client: Nvidia Shield (HD300, HD100 in storage)
Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Drew,

First, good choice of shows, that's one of my favorites

It's been a while since I looked at that Plugin but I suspect the problem is caused because something has changed in the latest BMT/Phoenix builds. IIRC the STV uses the hasFanartBanner() and getFanartBanner() methods so something must have changed.

If you are handy with Studio you can open up the STV and see if the same phoenix methods are used in the menu and in the dialog that displays the banners that are available. If not, I'll take a look at it over the weekend. I'd look at it sooner but I have to switch gears because it's been a while since I've done anything with phoenix.

Is this happening often or only once in a while? Any special characters in the name of the failing shows?

Tom

Old 02-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Is this happening often or only once in a while? Any special characters in the name of the failing shows?
Tom
I've never used studio, and I'm in no rush, so I'll let you look at it (if you can duplicate it). For me, it seems to always happen on the same series. Examples of problematic series are:

$..! My Dad Says
Nova scienceNow
V
WWII In HD Color

Some that are fine are:

Bones
House
Nikita
Nova
Off the Map

At first I assumed that there just weren't any banners, then I noticed there were posters & found that there were banners too.

Can you remind me how to get to the standard, non-Malore view that includes banners? If that has a problem too, it would eliminate your plugin..

Drew
Client: Nvidia Shield (HD300, HD100 in storage)
Old 02-11-2011, 12:03 AM
SageTVaholic

It appears you are using my Malore tweaks (which is what puts the banners in the Show list). It uses a bit newer method of grabbing the banners, and caches them. Currently, I haven't implemented a method to clear out the cache, or update for newer items. I definitely need to, but my dev time got interrupted recently. If these show's banners were downloaded sometime after they were cached, it may have a blank image in the cache, and is just using that (a known limitation that I haven't fixed yet). Try clearing out the cache folder (SageTV/cache/imagefactory/FuzzyMaloreBanners) and check it again.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-11-2011, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
It appears you are using my Malore tweaks (which is what puts the banners in the Show list).
If that's true I'm off the hook