SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Display Name: Fanart title vs Movie title

Hi there,

I am having an issue with a specific movie, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I am using Diamond to view things and BMT to fetch my meta data.

My issue is with the name that Diamond displays with the movie.

When I go into my BMT web ui and view this movie, the fanart title is "Raiders of the lost ark" and the movie title is "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark".

The fanart has to be that title, because for some reason that is what it's listed under with IMDB. However, I changed the move title so that it would display properly in Diamond.

I test this in the BMT web ui and things are ok. If I do a search for the movie, it comes up listed as the move title. In other words, it has the "Indiana Jones and the" portion with the name.

However Diamond seems to display with the fanart title and not the movie title.

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do on my end to take care of this?

Thanks
Les
Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Les,

IMDB has the film listed as "Raiders of the Lost Ark",

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/?mode=desktop

It is awkward that this one Indiana Jones movie is kind of off stranded by itself in the "R" section and not "I" with the rest of the Indiana Jones movies.

You could try making a Movie fanart folder named "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" then copying the fanart to it and in BMT make the Fanart title the same. I haven't tried this but might work for you to get what you are looking for.

I'll let Plucky add his thoughts on the use of the fanart title vs the movie title for display as I am not sure what we are pulling to display and the logic.

Jeremy
Old 04-26-2011, 04:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Diamond displays the title not the fanart title so not sure why you would be seeing this..
Old 04-26-2011, 05:25 AM
SageTVaholic

This is probably a symptom of the myriad of places that sagetv uses for titles. First off, the fanart title probably should never be displayed. It's basically the fanart directory name and it may change over time. BMT, for movies, stores the movie title in the EpisodeName field (which is where it is stored in default sagetv for dvds) and it doesn't actually set the Title field. So, if Diamond is just reading the Title field, then it will probably never see the title changes that BMT makes.

You can probably use the RAW Editor for the single item and then change the Title field to b e the title that you want. (ie, edit metadata, then click Edit Raw Metadata). I'd look at the EpisodeName and Title fields and don't change the MediaTitle field which is used by fanart.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Hopefully the change opus talked about will be in the next build ;
Old 04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
You can probably use the RAW Editor for the single item and then change the Title field to b e the title that you want. (ie, edit metadata, then click Edit Raw Metadata). I'd look at the EpisodeName and Title fields and don't change the MediaTitle field which is used by fanart.
Sounds good, I will try this out Stuckless.

Thank you to the three of you for your help and work on these mods

Les
Old 04-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I adjusted the raw meta data like Stuckless suggested.

The EpisodeName was already set properly, but the Title was not. So I changed the Title.

Thing is, the listing didn't change in the Diamond viewing.

When I do a search through my extender for movies staring with "Idiana Jones" I do find the movie though. I find all four of the movies. And on that search screen, where Diamond is not being used, Sage lists the movie as "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark".

At that point I went back into BMT web ui to check the RAW data again. Everything is set properly, except MediaTitle/FanartTitle; which Stuckless suggested not too change.

It seems like Diamond is using the MediaTitle/FanartTitle to display with. But Plucky said that's not the case?

So ... any other suggestions for me to debug this?

Thank you all again
Les
Old 04-28-2011, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_bloom View Post
I adjusted the raw meta data like Stuckless suggested.

The EpisodeName was already set properly, but the Title was not. So I changed the Title.

Thing is, the listing didn't change in the Diamond viewing.

When I do a search through my extender for movies staring with "Idiana Jones" I do find the movie though. I find all four of the movies. And on that search screen, where Diamond is not being used, Sage lists the movie as "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark".

At that point I went back into BMT web ui to check the RAW data again. Everything is set properly, except MediaTitle/FanartTitle; which Stuckless suggested not too change.

It seems like Diamond is using the MediaTitle/FanartTitle to display with. But Plucky said that's not the case?

So ... any other suggestions for me to debug this?

Thank you all again
Les
Les let me know if this issue still exist in the next version it should be fixed
Old 05-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Les let me know if this issue still exist in the next version it should be fixed
Hi Plucky,

I installed the Diamond update and was able to get this working now.

Thanks for your work on this great plugin
Les