SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Would it be possible to add an option to group recorded movies together. SageMC had that function and I got hooked on it. Maybe it's already possible and I'm just missing it.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Sage Icon

My recorded Movies all show up in the "Movie" group under Category Flow. I would like the option to ignore the "Movie" genre and just use the next available Genre. This is mostly necessary since I can't seem to make anything but "Movie" the Genre option in BMT if it is a Recorded Movie.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfree View Post
Would it be possible to add an option to group recorded movies together. SageMC had that function and I got hooked on it. Maybe it's already possible and I'm just missing it.

Thanks!
Yup just setup tv views There is use one to filter movies out and another to filter them in. Or include them in a videos/movies view if you want them out of tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
My recorded Movies all show up in the "Movie" group under Category Flow. I would like the option to ignore the "Movie" genre and just use the next available Genre. This is mostly necessary since I can't seem to make anything but "Movie" the Genre option in BMT if it is a Recorded Movie.
My bad on that meant to fix that but forgot can you log it for me so we can make sure we fix it in the next build.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Most are using the folder filters in diamond to setup views for their folders. That is how I do it
Is it possible to setup multi-level folder structures?

How do you setup movie collections?
Ex. Videos
-----Harry Potter
---------H1
---------H2
---------H3
---------etc.

Last edited by ldl72; 05-22-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yup just setup tv views There is use one to filter movies out and another to filter them in. Or include them in a videos/movies view if you want them out of tv
This makes me wonder if there is a case for something slightly different than having a "main level" recordings list to show movies. What about incorporating a "sub-folder" in the recordings list? For some, this might work better as the navigation isn't super great to go from one list to another. Something like this:

(folder) All Recorded Movies
--HBO Movie 1
--Starz Movie 1
--SyFy Movie 1 (probably Mansquito)

(folder) Fraggle Rock
--s1e1
--s1e2
(folder) The Real House Wives of Pompeii
--s1e1

Just thinking out loud...might well be over-engineering...

Last edited by Tomahawk51; 05-23-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-23-2011, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51 View Post
This makes me wonder if there is a case for something slightly different than having a "main level" recordings list to show movies. What about incorporating a "sub-folder" in the recordings list? For some, this might work better as the navigation isn't super great to go from one list to another. Something like this:

(folder) All Recorded Movies
--HBO Movie 1
--Starz Movie 1
--SyFy Movie 1 (probably Mansquito)

(folder) Fraggle Rock
--s1e1
--s1e2
(folder) The Real House Wives of Pompeii
--s1e1

Just thinking out loud...might well be over-engineering...
Yeah don't see the pupose in that much...
Old 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

What about this (and forgive me if it's been discussed):

Right now, all shows show up in folders. This makes sense when there is >1 show. What about when there is 1 and only 1 show? Is there any UI improvement to show more detail or treat it differently? I do look at the show count as "1" in the label and just feel like it might not be the best way to go.

I'm not exactly sure what to suggest to show...maybe more details (but that could = clutter).

I personally just click Play on the folder level, so this may be another poor idea. This will be my last poor idea posting for the day at least...
Old 05-23-2011, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51 View Post
What about this (and forgive me if it's been discussed):

Right now, all shows show up in folders. This makes sense when there is >1 show. What about when there is 1 and only 1 show? Is there any UI improvement to show more detail or treat it differently? I do look at the show count as "1" in the label and just feel like it might not be the best way to go.

I'm not exactly sure what to suggest to show...maybe more details (but that could = clutter).

I personally just click Play on the folder level, so this may be another poor idea. This will be my last poor idea posting for the day at least...
Already been discussed It use to be this way but everyone complained and wanted consistency (ie singles being grouoped as well) so that is probably how it will stay for now.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

I've got a suggestion!

I use the Diamond Info view. I think this gives it nice polished look. However, maybe about 30% or so of my recordings are not the more common type recordings so in the filmstrip area on the right, instead of getting the small portrait style banner, it is totally blank. With the Diamond Info view not enabled, for these shows, I do get a thumbnail of the recording. What I'm wondering is if it would be possible for you guys to do a check to see that IF no portrait style banner exists to change the layout slightly and use the landscape style thumb instead? This would make it so 70% of my recordings showed the nice pre-made portrait banner and 30% would have the "non Info View" thumbnail instead. This might be a bit tricky because the preferred one would be portrait and the secondary one would be landscape but figured I'd throw it out there.

I like the Diamond Info View enough that the blank filmstrips don't bother me hugely but do think it would be cool to always have a "picture" here

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a suggestion on the widget feature. I like this feature alot but don't want it always showing on the main menu. Can you add an option called 'hidden' under the "Show Widgets" option which would typically keep the widgets 'off' but allow the menu to slide into view with a left arrow key from the main menu. The menu could then be on a timer which slides it back out of the way or simply keeps it up until a menu refresh.

Keep up the great work!
rob

edit: To give you a better idea of what I mean, take a look at an old "flyout" stvi I did in v6. I always thought the left arrow key was a bit underutilized on the main menu.

Last edited by wado1971; 05-26-2011 at 12:59 AM. Reason: add info
Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wado1971 View Post
I have a suggestion on the widget feature. I like this feature alot but don't want it always showing on the main menu. Can you add an option called 'hidden' under the "Show Widgets" option which would typically keep the widgets 'off' but allow the menu to slide into view with a left arrow key from the main menu. The menu could then be on a timer which slides it back out of the way or simply keeps it up until a menu refresh.

Keep up the great work!
rob

edit: To give you a better idea of what I mean, take a look at an old "flyout" stvi I did in v6. I always thought the left arrow key was a bit underutilized on the main menu.
Good idea except the left arrow key is also used for back on the main menu and it would kill that function. I actually use that allot from the main menu myself not sure about others
Old 05-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage User

I have been trying the "Always Show SubMenus" plugin by Fuzzy but it doesn't seem to work too well with Diamond. The TV menu shows no options, all others work fine. Would it be possible for you to include something similar to this as an option?

Cheers
Old 06-06-2011, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I would love to see TV Recordings group settings for the below items (compatible with other sorting views such as Intelligent and Category. For example, when I have my grouping settings set by "title", I still see TV shows such as Jay Leno, David Letterman, Hawaii Five-0, same name TV shows (imported videos TV shows) listed under two separate groups; even though grouping is set as "title". I'm guessing some shows have names which are slightly different (confusing diamond); but they are definitely the same shows (using the same fanart banner). Movies grouping would be an exception:

Force grouping of shows using the same banner in ONE GROUP and a movies group.:

Movies
Shows with same title
Timed Recordings

Sorry if I didnt explain this that well, but I'm sure bottom line, people know what I'm talking about (having 2 banners/groups for the same show and TV shows/Timed recordings in separate groups).

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost5 View Post
I have been trying the "Always Show SubMenus" plugin by Fuzzy but it doesn't seem to work too well with Diamond. The TV menu shows no options, all others work fine. Would it be possible for you to include something similar to this as an option?

Cheers
+1
Old 06-06-2011, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I would love to see TV Recordings group settings for the below items (compatible with other sorting views such as Intelligent and Category. For example, when I have my grouping settings set by "title", I still see TV shows such as Jay Leno, David Letterman, Hawaii Five-0, same name TV shows (imported videos TV shows) listed under two separate groups; even though grouping is set as "title". I'm guessing some shows have names which are slightly different (confusing diamond); but they are definitely the same shows (using the same fanart banner). Movies grouping would be an exception:

Force grouping of shows using the same banner in ONE GROUP and a movies group.:

Movies
Shows with same title
Timed Recordings

Sorry if I didnt explain this that well, but I'm sure bottom line, people know what I'm talking about (having 2 banners/groups for the same show and TV shows/Timed recordings in separate groups).
That's a metadata issue not ours. We are not going to group by fanart storage that would be a huge mess. All my imported and recorded group together properly once the metadata was correct in bmt.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

From my experience it seems like this is a SageTV grouping issue rather than a Diamond issue. One of the problems seems to be that SageTV is case sensitive when it comes to grouping.

I record a Children's show named Ni Hao, Kai-Lan - it shows up twice in my recorded TV, once as "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" and once as "Ni Hao, Kai-lan" and this is due to inconsistent naming in the EPG.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for explaining. I guess eventually metadata issues which cause the same TV shows to be grouped under different groups will be addressed; since they affect very popular primetime TV shows. It looks like some recordings dont get Season/Episode metadata; hence, get put into a different TV recordings group with the same name/fanart banner.

BTW: I also mentioned another grouping feature enhancement request which doesnt look like it's related to metadata. It's probably more important to me than the above mentioned-issue:

to have a "Movies" group under TV recordings. That would really make TV recordings much more organized/neater IMO; even when sorting TV show by date (sageMC used to have this as an option). Having a "Manual Timed Recordings" group would be nice as well.

Thanks for your consideration.

Quote:
That's a metadata issue not ours. We are not going to group by fanart storage that would be a huge mess. All my imported and recorded group together properly once the metadata was correct in bmt.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for explaining. I guess eventually metadata issues which cause the same TV shows to be grouped under different groups will be addressed; since they affect very popular primetime TV shows. It looks like some recordings dont get Season/Episode metadata; hence, get put into a different TV recordings group with the same name/fanart banner.

BTW: I also mentioned another grouping feature enhancement request which doesnt look like it's related to metadata. It's probably more important to me than the above mentioned-issue:

to have a "Movies" group under TV recordings. That would really make TV recordings much more organized/neater IMO; even when sorting TV show by date (sageMC used to have this as an option). Having a "Manual Timed Recordings" group would be nice as well.

Thanks for your consideration.
yeah or you could just create a view that shows only recorded movies that is what I do but we have thought of that before.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes, there is a recorded movies view; which me and my wife have tried; but simply cant get used to switching back and forth between views. We try to keep things simple with just one All Recordings view. Anyway, I'm hoping that it wont be too much trouble to add a Movies group and a timed recordings. It would be really nice if the Movies and Timed Recordings groups were always at the top; even when sorting by date for all TV recordings. Thanks again for your consideration.

Quote:
yeah or you could just create a view that shows only recorded movies that is what I do but we have thought of that before.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, there is a recorded movies view; which me and my wife have tried; but simply cant get used to switching back and forth between views. We try to keep things simple with just one All Recordings view. Anyway, I'm hoping that it wont be too much trouble to add a Movies group and a timed recordings. It would be really nice if the Movies and Timed Recordings groups were always at the top; even when sorting by date for all TV recordings. Thanks again for your consideration.
We don't adjust any of the default sorting and probably won't but we have discussed a recordings group.